...life can be translucent

Menu

Did he love? :) 38.1.4 > 4

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Hello friends,

An old friend of mine recently got 38.1.4 > 4 in response to her question "Did he love me?"

The background in brief. She parted from her boyfriend a year ago, the initiative was his. Being in the relationship the man used to press her in order to make her do one or another. Time passed, she still loves him, but she does not think that the relationship can be repaired.

Realizing that the form of the question is not "iching", she asked it nevertheless.

My vision of the situation is that it's hard to say yes or no, but apparently they seemed to fit well to each other. The lines are quite positive, but her partner also seemed rather immature (hex 4). Now she is feeling isolated and has not met the ally yet, not ready to new relations at all.

My questions is: who was that horse mentioned in the commentary to the first line? :) The horse has gone, so it seems as it is he.

Your insignts would be very interesting to both of us. Many thanks!

xuesongyu

visitor
Reaction score
Hello friend:

I agree with you. he was that horse mentioned in the code of line 1. The line codes says "the horse has gone, you do not need to looking for it, it will come back on its own." And the code of line 4 says "a man who has been left alone meets a strong man". The hex code of hex 4 says "I should not ask the student come to me, the student should ask the teacher for help".

So in my opinion, your friend has an opportunity to restore good relations with her ex-boyfriend. But she should keep in mind that she should not make advances to him.

------------------------------------
I Ching Codes Predicting the Future
http://www.amazon.com/kindle/dp/B00KRPT8G0

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Both moving lines seem to say he will come back to her.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
To Ginnie and Xuesongyu: is it ok that the question was asked about the past event? She asked in the past form.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, it is okay that she asked about a past event. We can use the I Ching to clear up questions we have about past events.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Ginnie.

Just to clarify: I mean if the answer relates to her past, not future.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
38.4 speaks of meeting an admirable husband or meeting good people and the fulfillment of what is willed. Since this has not happened yet I assume it is referring to the future, not to the past. Yi has its own way of answering and I don't think the tense of the verb should be considered very important. However, it would be better in the future not to ask a "yes/no" question, because the responses are sometimes hard to interpret.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Let me please return to the matter of the thread again.

Not long ago I met my friend whose cast I told about here - the things flow the old way, they have not contacted. Nobody knows if something changes and when, and I thought what if the cast described his approach. It is he, not she, who waits when she starts dangling after him. But who is that eminent man from the line 4 then?

I would appreciate your thoughts, many thanks.

Last edited:

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
I do not think so... I'll explain why. She is my very old friend, and we can be very sincere with each other. We have been always supporting each other, like being in the same family. So I suppose the comment tells about anew person.

Another variant is that he has become an eminent man... But I doubt :)

What a pity... indeed.

S

sooo

Of course you may be right, but there were times when this person I could safely share things with was an old friend, sometimes a female friend at that. I think the idea is that, in times of opposition, with patience you meet someone who understands you, one you can confide in, and that provides relief and support. But just as well it can literally mean a new man that is a great match for your friend. Some answers need time to unfurl.

S

sooo

Oh, I meant to add a comment about 4, the relating hexagram. It often simply means, do not know. Ignorant without the negative connotation. It can also mean lighthearted, sometimes just plain silly fun, as in line 5. This can be very useful during times of opposition, oppression or depression. The Yi isn't an old stuffed shirt, at least not always. :)

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Been pondering on 4... Do you mean that for her partner the relationship could be just a fun, nothing serious?

S

sooo

Been pondering on 4... Do you mean that for her partner the relationship could be just a fun, nothing serious?
Possibly. But I meant that no one knows until they try. Not everything is calculable.

donkeytail

visitor
Reaction score
help me too:)

sorry thi everyone, my qs was where is this relationship heading with a man?as of now things are up in the air, hes traveling and i have no idea if he wants to explore this with me any further, and in what capacity, after our last conversation the ball is in his court. hex 38changing Line 1'Regrets vanish.Lost horse: don't pursue it, it returns of itself.See hateful people – no mistake.'Line 4'Opposed, alone.Meet an inspiring man.Joining together in truth and confidence.Danger, no mistake.'into hex#4 help?o barge in but i have no idea how to post my own, please help

donkeytail

visitor
Reaction score
hi everyone, my qs was where is this relationship heading with a man?as of now things are up in the air, hes traveling and i have no idea if he wants to explore this with me any further, and in what capacity, after our last conversation the ball is in his court. hex 38changing Line 1'Regrets vanish.Lost horse: don't pursue it, it returns of itself.See hateful people – no mistake.'Line 4'Opposed, alone.Meet an inspiring man.Joining together in truth and confidence.Danger, no mistake.'into hex#4 help?

donkeytail

visitor
Reaction score
sorry to jump in please help:)

hi everyone, my qs was where is this relationship heading with a man?as of now things are up in the air, hes traveling and i have no idea if he wants to explore this with me any further, and in what capacity, after our last conversation the ball is in his court. hex 38changing Line 1'Regrets vanish.Lost horse: don't pursue it, it returns of itself.See hateful people – no mistake.'Line 4'Opposed, alone.Meet an inspiring man.Joining together in truth and confidence.Danger, no mistake.'into hex#4 help?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).