...life can be translucent

Menu

Life has thrown me into yet another dojo...so soon?

G

grndultimte

Greetings dear friends!!!!

I was gone for a minute but now I'm back to participate as much as a novice can, and to share experiences. As some of you know, I've been involved in a unemployment compensation trial with a rather slippery previous employer. I won the case (yahoooo!!!). I wanted to thank this post and all of you who helped me use the Yi to help myself. By the way, I also learned some very important Yi lessons. I learned that it's really not a good idea to consult the Yi with the same questions over & over again....muddies the mind. Of course there are probably exceptions.

Moving on. So far 2005 has been filled with "surprizes" to say the least. The court case is out of the way and now I must find a new [place to live rather quickly. The current living situation I'm in is NOT conducive to my spiritual growth or any other growth for that matter. I consulted the Yi in what I'm thinking is a "dialogue". Perhaps I'm not carrying on a conversation with Yi in the most effective manner? Anyway this is waht I asked:

1) "What about moving out of 3917 Nantasket right now?"
Hex# 5 9 at initial changing into Hex# 48

O.K., I can gather from Hex# 5 that it's time for me to move on. It's "not a mistake" the spirits are connected here with me. But I don't understand this Hex changing into THE WELL?

Can all of you guide me with this one please? Then I continued with my dialogue and asked:

2)"Please speak to me about my life right now what's happening here?"
Hex# 61 9 at 2nd changing into Hex# 42

I feel like the Yi is talking to me but I just ain't understandin'. I'm feeling like " o.k. I just got through one major ordeal and the Yi is telling me to enter the stream of life, swim with pigs/fishes....but with what? I need to move out and find a place to live Yi...ASAP!!!!." So then I continued the dialogue with:

3) "Please speak to me about where God and the Spirits want me to live right now. where should I be looking?"
Hex#61 9 at 2nd, 9 at 5 changing into Hex# 27

I can't see where this casting is telling me where to live? Especially the lines. A "profound call of one soul to another" and 9 at the 5th is talking about "this" relationship that connects me on a deep spiritual level? I'm single except for my dog Betty, but, I don't she counts!!!! So alas, I need guidance here folks. I layed off Yi for 2 weeks here thinking that this time back it would be a little clearer but maybe I'm not getting yet? As far as Hex# 27...I give up.

Perhaps there are better ways to dialogue with Yi and as always friends I'm open to your experiences.

regards and respect,

grnd

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Hrmmm. Grand, I'd say perhaps try to look at these answers as extending beyond your *physical* circumstances and into your spirituality.

For example, the I Ching can't respond "Minnesota" or some such thing to a question like your #3 above. It just can't look at a map for you: you've got to do that - so I think it's responding to your question at the much deeper level that it can (and is designed to do??) 61 is (can be) very much of a spiritual hexagram...

I'd suggest that YOU should think about your situation and make some decisions. Then, when you have some possible choices, ask about those specifically and see what you get.

By the way, where did you get "God and the spirits" - fyi, that's essentially how I see the spiritual side of life/the spiritual forces that influence me (and others). And I get that from being raised as a monotheist (Unitarian) and having the I Ching as the primary spiritual guidance in my life. I can see that our views are similar - is your view primarily based on a combination of personal experiences and use of the I Ching (like mine is)?

- Jeff

G

grndultimte

Dear Jeff,

Yes. It's taken me literally years to reach this point where I'm comfortable communicating with "G O D" if you will. I'll explain. When I pray and before I consult the Yi Jing I say something similiar to:

"I ask God/The Wuji and the spirits, the spirits of my ancestors who have passed on, and the spirits of all the Martial Artists to please guide me. I honor Heaven, Earth, and Mankind. Please accept my offering (I make a small offering of food or tea)and help me along my path."

For me, having a small ritual and really honoring my ancestors really works for me. And yes at this point my view is based on a combination of personal experiences and use of the I Ching. I feel that the Yi is a source for the spiritual forces that care about me (and others) to speak to me, to guide me, to help me hopefully help others on my journey here.

g

C

candid

Inner truth (61), nourishment (27) and the source of nourishment (48). Sounds like you have plenty to do while waiting (5).

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, that's very interesting. In my case, I've been a monotheist through upbringing and later through, well, just becoming convinced of it.

For me, God is in a way well-defined: the highest spiritual being/creator of the universe. The other ones (spirits, spirits of the ancestors, etc) I'm much more fuzzy on. I believe that they really do exist (and this was quite mind-blowing for me, being raised as a westerner) but I'm not at all clear on *just what they are*. Ancestors, former human beings, non-human beings, aspects of nature, quasi-independent fragments/aspects of God, intelligent patterns of events?

These all seem like possibilities to me, but I've no real way to discern what they are more precisely. So, I think of them as "spiritual beings" - a term, btw, I got from Legge's I Ching translation.

Interesting that I also offer food and drink to them. I started doing this spontaneously fairly recently (two years ago or so). Just seemed somehow right to do. I think this makes some of them either stronger or somehow more interested in you (feeling more appreciated?). There's a tradition of this in Bhuddism and Hinduism, I believe.

I also think that devout prayer and reverence for God influences them. Almost like they believe in God, too. Something like that...

And similar feelings on the Yi - it seems to have my best interests (and those of others) in mind generally. One thing I'm very hesitant on is to equate consulting the Yi with communicating with God. I definitely think it's a spiritual being/spiritual force, I'm just not 100% sure it's *God*. Hard to know for sure, and I'm uncertain of the consequences of getting that one wrong.

Anyhow, very interesting to find a "kindred spirit" (pun intended ;-) ).

Best of luck on the life issues. As above, I'd say give a bit of legwork on them and then probably the Yi can guide you more.

- Jeff

C

candid

Grand and Jeff,

I 'feel' a certain amount of ritual is important. I won't go into any new age reasons as to why this may be. I just think it is important to lend some power of belief/faith in carrying out some small form of 'magical' ritual. Whatever that is for you, it is yours, personally, and that is what matters, imo.

I burn a white sage smudge and walk it through the house, waving it, much like I recall the priest doing with frankincense in church, from when I was a child. Then I lay it, still burning, on my little makeshift altar, alongside a small clear glass bowl filled with rainwater.

Silly, yes. And that's why I do it.

C

G

grndultimte

Candid,

That rocks!!! I wish I had some rain water to put in my offering bowl. It's kind dirty here in the city. So I usually give the Spirits the same thing that I'm having so to speak-spring water and high grade tea, rice, and or a portion of my actual meal. I agree that a little ritual is important. I feel that paying homage and giving repsects to God, Spirits, ancestors etc., makes my life a little bit more meaningful. Your right, it's totally personal and whatever works for the Chun Tzu. I find that when I do honor my ancestors it gives me an opportunity to think of them and let them know they are still in my mind and heart.

G

jte

visitor
Reaction score
In my case, I don't do the ritual before asking the Yi a question, I just do it generally (often at meals, which is when I have food around). But agreeing with ya, Candid, that for many the ritual aspect helps with asking the Yi, too.

- Jeff

C

candid

Jeff, to clarify, my ritual has no correlation to Yi, other Yi being inclusive within my spiritual life. And I'm careful not to overdo it, falling into to the elaborate rituals mentioned in 63.5. It isn't the size or frequency of ritual, but the investment of the heart.

Take care.

C

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Cool, so it's actually very similar then. If you don't mind me asking, Candid, how/when/why did you start doing it?

(For me, I just sort of spontaneously started doing the food offering thing. )

- Jeff

C

candid

Jeff, burning sage smudges began about a year and a half ago. The altar and more ritualistic burning came together (evolved) only about six months ago. It began with a vision, and then the physical manifestation of that vision, determined by what I titled ?the challenge to believe?. From there, items 'came to me', which then became part of both the altar and ceremony.

jte

visitor
Reaction score
So a kind of personal evolution. Makes sense to me :). Very interesting + thanks!

- Jeff

J

jeanystar

Karla McLaren refers to those kinds of rituals as the most important part of "creating the sacred space" in which energetic activities, including healing, can happen.

It sounds simplistic to say that, because obviously,I think, a ritual is "creating a sacred space"..but she makes the point that this kind of "setting of sacred boundaries" is more important than we might realize, and often makes the difference between a successful healing/therapeutic endeavour for instance, or an unsuccessful attempt at it.

The scared space is the "container" in which something of energetic value can move, operate, work its magic. Without the boundaries created by the ritual, energy is lost or dissipated, not as potent at the very least.
I find this kind of "information" fascinating and helpful. The world/culture could be a different place if more people were energetically aware (and respectful). MOre energy could be focused.

The giving away of "gifts" is also an impt part of the ritual. Even if it is the giving of one's excess energy into the earth (through visualization or other means.)

Sorry Grand for hijacking your thread.
61> 42 and 61> 27 are both messages that you need/may want to look deep into your heart and find the answer that you may be ignoring. Where is it that is calling to you?? I sense you may already know where it is you are "supposed" to live. Follow your intuition.

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Speaking of the importance of ritual, I too think it's needed. I offer green tea every morning to the Maitreya before eating anything, and of course, prayer that I do every day, is a ritual too. the tea works as a great healer. Not so long ago, I drank a whole bottle of wine (and I never drink), and was violently sick for more than a day ...till I drank the 'Buddha tea'. And then, suddenly, I could keep down waht I ate or drank! However, I did not expect this to happen, and I believe that spontaneous healing experiences like this one (at least on my path) have much more than psychology and expectation.

I think ritual serves to channelise our energies and that of the gods we worship. It is a way to show our devotion.

Candid, that's a lovely ritual!

Best for your Quest

Anita

C

candid

Anita, thanks. I too think it's more than just psychology. But if I knew why I did it then it wouldn't be magic anymore.
wink.gif

And speaking of magic - what is this amber glow I am perceiving in you?
happy.gif

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).