...life can be translucent

Menu

audition 9.5>26

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I got called for this really posh and difficult audition for one of the most famous theatres in the world!
I had sent them my cv and got no reply so I thought I might as well drop it.
Then two weeks ago I get the call.

Since it's gonna cost me a lot of money to get there I asked
How likely am I to succeed in this audition?

9.5>26

it says to be truthful, faithful..
I think it probably means he doesn't know,it all depends on so many things, that he can't actually pronounce on it!
:rolleyes:
Or as I just read it it means that it's not successful yet, I lack the necessary resources and experience for this.

But should I go or not?
The audition in itself might still be an experience. yet it costs some money indeed!

Last edited:
S

sooo

Hi Olga,

It's my opinion and experience that if you want to be inside an insider business, any invitation to go inside is just part of what you must do. Whether you land the part or not, you do what professionals in that business do. Just being fully present there shows that you are sincere, and if you travel far, all the more so. You never know what may come of it, now or down the line. If you don't get the role you audition for, perhaps a lesser role will be offered to you. What matters is that you are inside with those who may become your peers someday.

"If you are sincere and loyally attached,
You are rich in your neighbor."

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah!
This is just to say that I don't think I've passed the audition as they were supposed to call today and they didn't :(

I'm a bit sad but it was moving and exciting to travel all that far and do it. A very high level theatre, almost a dream to be there :)

A friend of mine said that 9 means patience, but I've also found that it means "you're not ready yet". Yeah, it sounds more or less the same after all :/

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Today I did my first daily cast and I got 9.5>26

Since the day is now over, I shall try to analyse it: patience. Be patient as you will have to sit on the sofa the whole day translating!
But I have to say I am quite satisfied as I managed to finish my translation (I usually tend to please myself during the day and to work at night with consequent lack of sleep) + it was quite nice to sit in front of the fireplace.

I found this in the forum:
9 at 5: Inspiring confidence, making order (out of chaos) thus. Rich through one’s neighbor.
One does not become a good neighbor by being nice, but by being true and open. He will know that he can rely on you, always, so he will be there for you too. He will accept your decisions, even when they are not ‘nice’, because he will trust and understand you.

I have to say I had intended to go and talk to my neighbour about an aquarium he's put on the wall right against my bedroom so that I can't sleep at night. But in the end I got carried away by work and didn't feel like disturbing him as I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back for a month so I dropped the question.

Last edited:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have been invited again to attend the same audition of last year (the theatre has it every year).

I casted 34.1>32

It looks bad doesn't it?
as in getting me nowhere :(

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
It does seem like you just don't feel enough strength to carry you through the process all over again.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that even if I passed it this time, it would be a sort of appearances.. choral work on a stage with other 50 people.. a very important stage for sure, yet I'm a bit fed up of these appearances where I don't learn anything. Plus it's in another city so I guess almost all my money would be going (again!) into paying a second rent. Maybe it's not worth it. Although it would certainly be more active than JOB A, that's for sure!

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So what with this audition? 46 unchanging

Too much to bear?!
so it's a no, don't go, is it? :(

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
This time you won't be a newbie. In the interests of understanding how better to navigate the process so that eventually it might lead to the kind of success you are looking for, plus an opportunity to show them your progress. I would take 46 as meaning to give it a go, but to be mindful of the warnings in the 34.1 - 32 reading. You could give it your best shot without trying to force anything. I am assuming that landing a bigger role at some point in the future is one of your goals.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
46 unchanging

46 unchanging says that you cannot get where you want to be with one sweeping gesture. Your ultimate success will take many years of sustained effort. It's like a tree growing. It doesn't go from a small seedling to a mighty tree overnight. It grows and grows and grows steadily and surely over many years. :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
But considering I had asked "Is it worth going to this audition?" would you take that as a yes, it's worth it or more as a no it's not worth it?

mesmer

visitor
Reaction score
"PUSHING UPWARD has supreme success.
One must see the great man.
Fear not.
Departure toward the south
Brings good fortune.

He must go to see authoritative people. He need not be afraid to do this, because success is assured. But he must set to work, for activity (this is the meaning of "the south") brings good fortune.

Thus the superior man of devoted character
Heaps up small things
In order to achieve something high and great.

Adapting itself to obstacles and bending around them, wood in the earth grows upward without haste and without rest. Thus too the superior man is devoted in character and never pauses in his progress. (Wilhelm/Baynes).

You talked about patience....

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, it's worth it, but you have to be willing to make the effort, knowing that it may not "pay off" immediately.

M

mirian

I have been invited again to attend the same audition of last year (the theatre has it every year).

I casted 34.1>32

Hi olga, I think that this is more of a warning, since as you said you feel a bit fed up of auditions leading nowhere, I feel it is saying to you not to push the issue too hard, not to force anything beyond your means and current situation. In a nutshell, if you go then accept the audition as it is, refrain from pushing beyond.

And hex 46, as you know, is all about effort and consistent work. You might have to go a number of auditions like this one before getting anywhere near where you want to be. But that applies to so many actors, singers, writers, etc who had to carry on, do small jobs, persevere, before having their break.:bows:

B

butterfly spider

Olga
I got 46uc once when I was trying to buy a house. Nothing happens. Went for other houses / made
Offers
Then the probate of
The house I originally wanted to go for came through. They accepted my offer and I have been in the house for 22 years. Moving in now but at the time I kept phoning the solicitors - checking etx. It did pay off in the end
Zx

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I haven't decided yet whether to go or not. I will let you know :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Olga
I got 46uc once when I was trying to buy a house. Nothing happens. Went for other houses / made
Offers
Then the probate of
The house I originally wanted to go for came through. They accepted my offer and I have been in the house for 22 years. Moving in now but at the time I kept phoning the solicitors - checking etx. It did pay off in the end
Zx

what do you mean by "moving in now"? Haven't you been in the house for 22 years?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).