...life can be translucent

Menu

34.4>11 What to do about business interests?

JoeCampbell

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
For the last 2+ months I have used countless hours researching, thinking, planning, analysing possible business ideas.
The background is that I am becoming more than a little bored of what I have done these last 10 years (running training courses, workshops, coaching etc.) and I really like the idea of applying my creativity and energy to something completely different - namely commerce.

Now this could be importing and distributing a product, could be a webshop, could even be manufacturing and selling something (probably in the food business). Frankly I am pursuing every line that interests me AND reading as much as I can on how to start a business, the do's and don't's and so on.

It's not easy (it's not supposed to be) and I haven't found the answer yet WHICH is a tad frustrating.
And at the same time I am creating a website for my training work which has otherwise always been word-of-mouth-freelance stuff for other training companies because I need that to continue to provide me with an income.

So I turned to Yi and asked "What to do about all these business interests?" and back came 34.4 >11.

Reading the other threads with this combo (and bearing in mind that they are different situations) and consulting Hilary's book I see this: "Use your vigour and energy in a disciplined way (reference to Hilary's image - seek guidance, follow ritual), stick at it (line 4) and you will breakthrough. As for 11, I am not sure how to interpret that in this instance.

Any thoughts? On the right track?
Many thanks

wind

visitor
Reaction score
11 is known as Peace or Flow.

11 points to the timing as being February- March. I'd guess that you'll have an offer around then or be within one of your prospects by then. 11 also points to great success.

"The small departs,
The great approaches.
Good fortune. Success."

Looks like a good thing to me!

M

mirian

Hi JoeCampbell,

I am ever so careful about future predictions based on readings, but I dare to say that you are on the right track to build your new business venture.
The way I see it, 11 as your relating hexagram is showing where you are now, and describing this moment as "the small departs, the great approaches" means that things that are not that important, or that relevant, in your life, are being left behind, to give room to what really matters to you.
And 34.4 does indicate a change to new circumstances. It will not happen with a Bang, though! It will be the result of hard work, determination and discipline.

Hope that helps :bows:

JoeCampbell

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Mirian - it does indeed, patience and perseverance are the order of the day.
I will follow this post up as the situation becomes clearer
Many thanks and best wishes
Michael (how I wish I hadn't chosen JoeCampbell as an alias!!:) )

JoeCampbell

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you wind - I think it looks good too.
Mind you, since I posted this reading, MORE training work (in Jan/Feb/Mar) has just come in the door so, whilst I am not complaining, I am having this sneaking suspicion that "the small" just might be my interest in doing non-training related work and "the great" might be that I reconcile myself with doing something that I am actually good at, if a little tired of it. Hmmm....well, we shall see and I'll update this post when the plot curdles :) all the best M

wind

visitor
Reaction score
I'm very happy to hear that things are heading in the right direction and you'll obtain the path you wanted. Updates would be great and until then, I wish you all the best!

jzy369

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry for jumping on this bandwagon" late. 34.4 contains a few key clue:

34.4 Persistent righteous efforts and restraints are resulting in auspicious result. Past remorse is eliminated. The extra force shall be used to strengthen the fundamentals which shall enable further journeys. This is depicted as the Ram tearing down and breaking free of the entangling fence without any injuries. The strength shall be applied to the axels of the cart to enable further journeys.

The theme of 34 is "sustaining from a position of strength". Extra force is used to "strengthen foundamentals". The metaphor given in 34.4 is using extra force to "break through the existing" fense, and add speed to the "currently running cart".

Looks like some useful clues.

JoeCampbell

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Wind - a little follow-up on your response. In February I am going to Hong Kong to work with my brother for 3+ months - he's a trainer too, so that's what we'll be doing :)

Thanks for your insight back in December!
regards
Michael

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).