...life can be translucent

Menu

60 Unchanging - House

leepdx

visitor
Reaction score
I made an offer on a bank owned property I am interested in buying. It is listed as a 2 bedroom house but the 2nd bedroom is a very poorly executed garage conversion. My agent agrees it's a huge stretch to claim it is a bedroom but the listing agent went by the tax assessor's record. I called the assessor's office and spoke with an appraiser about the questionability of it being a legal bedroom. He said it wouldn't change the tax bill and I said that wasn't my concern then he tells me he's already changed it in their system! Since there are other offers on the house I now feel guilty it may undermine other bidders chances if they consider it 2 beds. I want the house for a fair price based on it's actual living space and horrible. I am starting my life alone after the end of a long, unhappy marriage and must borrow from my retirement to buy until we self our old, big house. So I asked the Yi if I was wrong to do what I did (call) and got 60 unchanging. It was a surprising turn what he did but I didn't ask or expect him to do it. ?. After some reflection I think the Yi is saying what's your limit and make a final offer (I low-balled)?

Last edited:

jzy369

visitor
Reaction score
I sensed you asked a several questions here: (1) Was it a wrong thing to call; (2) Is buying this house a right move for you financially; (3) You seems to imply are you going to get this house with a low ball offer. You might want to break your questions down and ask again.

I recently asked Yi on a short-sale house in Seattle. I followed through with Yi advice and got the house closed on the very last possible day (after that day bank approval expires), and was pretty happy cuz the deal seemed to be good. But now I am rennovating this house and it is a daunting task, and my Xmas holiday will be short. I asked Yi again and it is warning me on unforeseen troubles that I can not "finish the last mile" by end of Jan (64-1). I am sharing this to say several questions at several stages need to be considered.

leepdx

visitor
Reaction score
Yes you are right it was a loaded question. I decided to let my offer stand knowing I wouldn't get the house and it sold to someone else. I think the Yi was telling me to know my limitations and it would have been too much work for me at this stage in my life. I'm sure I will find a more appropriate home when the time is right. Thank you for your advice. Hope your renovations come to a beautiful completion.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).