...life can be translucent

Menu

Need help 7 unchanging - relationship

Amandam

visitor
Reaction score
Good evening,
The person I am currently seeing has decided to take some time off to think about his feelings and if he wants to continue with me ( a 3 weeks pause ).
So I asked if he is missing me and got 7 unchanging.

Cannot understand what IC is trying to tell me.... is this 7 asbout my feelings or really about what he is feeling.

Please help. I am going crazy trying to understant where this pause will lead to:duh:

qafinaf

visitor
Reaction score
The image of 7 is a flowing river inside and earth outside. So though you may feel a strong desire or impulse to flow to him or to resolution, the earthy stability and groundedness is appropriate for the situation.

So take this time to be solid within your own being. There may be constant longing, but be firm. Be "the strong man".

It seems like good advice because if he returns to you, you will meet him with stability and groundedness. And if he doesn't, you will still be stable and grounded.

Good luck!

jzy369

visitor
Reaction score
If the question you asked was "is he missing you", and you got 7, which is a hex of "conducting battles", then from IC text, it seems to indicate either he has conflicting feelings, or relationship had caused "injuries".

The key to react to battle situations are:
(1) Stay righteous: no fanciful thoughts, no ulterior motives, holding virtuous principles;
(2) Finding a respectable leader to lead the subject out of "conflict".

It is hard for an outsider to say why "battles" appears in your answer, so I could only articulate what 7uc text was trying to say. Thanks.

Amandam

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much jzy369

There have been lots of conflicts in our relationship and he is also thorn between the feelings he has for me and the feelings that we are not able to make our relationship work ( we are both extremely strong plus there is a cultural difference which is not helping.... )

So 7 could be that he is battled between what heart and reason are telling him maybe?

Amandam

visitor
Reaction score
thank you aureolus, will let you know what happens.
I am guessing 7 would be advising both to try to find a solidity within in order to be able to deal with each other in a less instinctual/impulsive way?

Amandam

visitor
Reaction score
I asked where is my relationship going and got
Hexagram 38.1.2.4.6 to 2

Is it indicating that we will find a way to overcome our differences?

qafinaf

visitor
Reaction score
I see 38 as describing two very different natures: fire over lake. They cannot mix or else the fire would go out and the water would evaporate. But the fire can reflect in the water, and they can relate at a distance.

The lines almost suggest a way which is standing apart, not trying to shape each other or hold on tightly to events (for security, for example). Line 1 says don't chase after your horse when it has run away (perhaps he is the horse?) and maintain your center. Not by your own doing, the situation will right itself. Ln 2 sounds like an unexpected encounter (not by any planning). ... Lns 4 & 6 shows a common ground beyond initial mistrust, anxiety or isolation.

It sounds like the big theme is Trust. And that you have different natures, different needs, so you must have space to be true to yourself and honor each other.

The change to 2: fertile soil is not insistent or impatient that it be formed or seeded. It waits calmly, offering response and support.

:)

kincadefoster

visitor
Reaction score
There have been lots of conflicts in our relationship and he is also thorn between the feelings he has for me and the feelings that we are not able to make our relationship work ( we are both extremely strong plus there is a cultural difference which is not helping.... )

I'm curious what you mean by strong, bc I believe people who are truly strong wouldn't clash egos or opinions or points of view or on whatever is in front of you. But I'm thinking strong in the sense of being grounded. So maybe you mean you are both strong in individual opinions, drives, or desires?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).