...life can be translucent

Menu

34,1 Can you help?

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

I'm currently having an extraordinary e-mail correspondence with a very gifted author who's written books about the I Ching, dream interpretation and science & spirituality.

As I see it, they are way out of my league but they are interested in my ideas and we're starting on what for me is an exciting collaboration.

I feel very unsure though and asked, "What is fortune regarding my work with X? How should I proceed for the best?"

The answer was Hx 34 changing bottom line.

Great Power (yes) moving to a Long Lasting relationship (sounds great!).

Changing line 1 indicates the start of something (yes) but the line judgement is a very strongly worded "no". "Do not proceed in this way".

I find that the hexagrams and the line judgement are tricky to reconcile.

Perhaps it might mean that things would work out very well as long I didn't try to turn it into a power struggle? I shouldn't be too forceful at first and shouldn't try to behave as an equal in this relationship.

I'd be grateful for any other thoughts.

Best wishes,

Mick

alisa

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Mick:

Here's wu wei's comment on Hex. 34

<CENTER>Words Cannot Completely Express Thoughts</CENTER>

We can describe a horse, but we cannot say what a horse actually is. Feelings particularly are difficult to convey in words. We can say we love someone, but that word means something different to all. We have the best chance of communicating our thoughts if we are sincere and speak from the heart, without hidden intent. In communication, intent is the key word. If we intend to speak truthfully, sincerely, without flattery or trickery, without any intent to deceive, we have the best chance of communicating our thoughts. It benefits us to learn to love the ring of words that tell the truth, understood and believed. He who follows these precepts will live deep in the wellspring of life, tasting its greatest pleasures, savoring its greatest gifts. He, indeed, will be at the core of life.

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Ah, that interpretation helps me form my thoughts. It seems to me that as a fellow being, nourished by the same source, you *are* an equal.

The moving line is reminding you that in the case of the particular project the author(s) are working on, it is too early to base any of your actions on assumptions you make about your role.

Just feel the aliveness, and, as Alisa says, stick to what you know about its source. As you do this, you will come to a deeper sense of the aliveness of the author(s).

The error of the toes is that, in feeling the excitement of their own aliveness, they forget that the rest of the body is alive too, and, as a body, it only gets anywhere when each part willingly coordinates with the others.

Who knows, you may end up discovering that the author(s) don't think of themselves as a "head" or even a leg or foot, but just as other toes too.

D

dharma

Hello Mick,

One good turn deserves another.
happy.gif
For the wonderful dream interpretation you once did for me, I would like to do a Tarot reading for you now.

Pinnacle of Focus=The Moon
Potential Directions= 5 of Wands/10 of Wands
Existing Conditions=The Star/Ace of Pentacles/Queen of Pentacles
Approaching Maze=The Hanged Man/Queen of Wands/4 of Cups/Page of Swords
Grounding Roots=Justice

The point of focus (The Moon) in your endeavor is the imagination and your well-spring of creativity. The unconscious mind which contains all the potential ideas for writing, art, dreams and fantasy is where you must tread for a successful conclusion, yet in doing so you also risk bumping up against your hidden fears, insecurities, doubts and illusions.

This project will naturally cause you to attend to all that lies *between* your great wealth of ideas and your present hope to succeed. Thus you may be inclined to look for a way to escape when you run up against strong feelings of apprehension and confusion. Your feelings, hunches and intuitions are most useful to bringing up your inner treasure of ideas for this project, YET they will also force you to confront any hidden, usually overwhelming, emotions and negative moods that you encounter, and thwart your efforts. This is the price we have to pay for swimming that deeply into the unconscious and for the riches we wish to claim as our own.

There are two ways you can approach that will equally suit your character and level of comfort. You can view this as an exciting challenge and assert yourself in a spirit of healthy competitiveness (5 of Wands). This is possible only if you deal with the personal fears that arise due to The Moon's influence (see above) otherwise it could turn into a stressful battle that can affect your health. Or you can see this as a demanding project that requires excessive overtime and overwork from you (10 of Wands). However, this will have you shouldering a heavy load (alone) in your effort to meet the many responsibilites that you commit yourself to --most stressful-- make certain that each person involved takes on a fair share of the work from the beginning.

I assume that this project you are considering is with a confident and mature woman (Queen of Pentacles). Though she is practical and very organized she is also prone to overindulgence and extravagence. She offers you a new opportunity and a helping hand (Ace of Pentacles) but you must take it and plan carefully because a flawed start could make it all fall through. The situation is filled with great hope (The Star) that contains the seeds for personal inner healing of issues not dealt with before and therefore, the emergence of some new special talents you didn't even know you had.

You will have to readjust and devote yourself to something that for a while seems to not be going anywhere. Perhaps you must let go or make a sacrifice to achieve a greater good (The Hanged Man). In any case, you must selflessly dedicate yourself to this goal because it will take time for things to really develop. Courage, foresight and enthusiasm are necessary (Queen of Wands). Some inner work and assessment (4 of Cups) will require that you take some time to understand your own feelings of fatalism as they surface especially as the novelty of what you are presently embarking on, wears off. An agreement or contract (Page of Swords) should be worked out between you --know what you are committing yourself to and what the future ramifications of your current decisions are.

All in all, this could be very successful if your vision remains clear and rational (Justice.) Go forth with a clear cut perspective, don't get sidetracked by your personal demons that will arise along the way, make certain everyone understands their position and get a signed and fair contract drawn up and signed.

Hope this helps,
Dharma

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Alisa, Willow and Dharma,

Thank you so much for replying. I love this site.

All your comments were really insightful and helpful.

Alisa,

I find it extraordinary that you found a connection between hx 34 and the precise meaning of words. You found the heart of the matter.

I try to write as clearly and simply as I can. I follow guidelines laid down by the Plain Language Commission in the UK http://www.clearest.co.uk/

So, the idea of working with someone who has their own writing style which is very different from mine is quite tricky for me.

Willow,

Thanks very much for the insight into the imagery of the toes. I think you've also highlighted the fact that I need to work on my self-esteem. Thank you.

Dharma,

What can I say!! What an amazing, spot-on, crystal clear reading. Thank you.

You're right, I am dealing with a mature, confident woman. As for her extravagance, I don't know yet but certainly her writing seems to have no boundaries and she seems to have a very generous nature.

I think you're absolutely right when you mention, "the price we have to pay for swimming that deeply into the unconscious and for the riches we wish to claim as our own".

We're looking at the possibility of Dream Groups and Dream Drama Workshops, which is certainly moving on to a deeper level for me.

So for me the Pinnacle of Focus being The Moon is all about dreams.

The 5 wands/10 wands analysis is very accurate. And this is so perfect, "Existing Conditions=The Star/Ace of Pentacles/Queen of Pentacles". Extraordinaire, si j'ose le dire
happy.gif

Thanks again,

Mick

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Alisa, Willow, Dharma and everyone,

I'd just like to tell you that I'm definitely going to be working with the author on helping her to prepare her new book.

Your insights have really helped me in my approach to this situation.

Thank you, merci, efharisto.

The author is Dr. Katya Walter and her work links science and spirituality in thrilling and compelling ways.

For example, she's worked out correspondences between the I Ching and DNA. She is very respected in the scientific world.

Amazingly, what she's working on is known in Physics as TOE (Theory Of Everything).

34,1 get it?

The I Ching has a superb sense of humour doesn't it?

Best wishes,

Mick

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).