...life can be translucent

Menu

Quite puzzled by my reading :P

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been taking some Chinese herbal medicine for a few days, asked how would benefit me to keep taking it and got 34.3.4.5>60
Would it bring me great power? On one hand it says constancy bears fruit but I'm not that sure about the lines. Besides there's hexagram 60, Limitation.

It made me think that the medicine could be too strong so I asked what if I take it only once a day and got 38.1>64.
38.1 Hilary says Lost horse: don't pursue it, it returns of itself.
LiSe's comment is Many situations can be solved by waiting instead of action.
It doesn't seem like reducing the medication is the answer.

The last question was what if I stopped taking it completely and received 12.3.6>31.
Stagnation, so it doesn't seem good at first glance but 12.6 seems somewhat promising. Finally, the block can be overcome and the situation transformed so that negative forces become powerless.

I really appreciate your help with this reading because from whatever angle I look at it I'm lost. Thank you. :bows:

D

diamanda

Hi kafuka,

how would benefit me to keep taking it and got 34.3.4.5>60
Everything in this answer would depend on your condition (i.e., what you are taking this for) and what is the exact name of the medicine. But overall, 34 (=great health) should be your aim / resulting hexagram. Here, however, you are departing from 34 to go towards 60 (moderation/limitation), which doesn't sound super positive. Still, a lot depends on your condition and the specific name of the medicine.

what if I take it only once a day and got 38.1>64
Agree with your interpretation, this doesn't seem to be the answer.

what if I stopped taking it completely and received 12.3.6>31
Then your condition would take quite a very long time to improve. But eventually it would improve spectacularly.

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
Here, however, you are departing from 34 to go towards 60 (moderation/limitation), which doesn't sound super positive. Still, a lot depends on your condition and the specific name of the medicine.
Thank you, diamanda.
That's exactly what I have trouble to understand. Does 60 show outcome or more just like context of the current situation - my health being limited? Ugh.
The reading I got before starting taking the Chinese medicine (2 kind of mushroom and pills from Chinese black-boned chicken that should help me build and tonify blood & qi, strengthen spleen, boost my immune system and soothe nerves) was 31.1.4>63.

D

diamanda

Does 60 show outcome or more just like context of the current situation - my health being limited?
It depends on what method one uses for readings. Some people view the second hexagram as a context, I see it as a resulting situation. I can't tell you which method is better, as it's a personal matter.

So for your purpose to strengthen/build/tonify, the medicine doesn't help. It does help to soothe nerves though (moderate/60).

The impression I get from the reading you got before taking the medicine (31.1.4>63), is that the medicine will help a bit, but later you'll need to substitute it with a different one, which will do the job.

B

blue_angel

"How would it benefit me to keep taking the Chinese Herbal Medicine?" 34.3.4.5>60 You do not need strict limitations. Take it as directed or prescribed. The way is open, the benefit will be strength, energy, and balance.

B

blue_angel

"What if I only take it once a day?" 38.1>64 Not much advantage in only taking it once a day but you still arrive at the same goal. Your worries about it will go away and your confidence in taking it as directed will be regained.

B

blue_angel

"What if I stopped taking it completely?" 12.3.6>31 You'll be blocking its beneficial purposes and your own progress. But through enough stagnation and disintegration you may opt to try out the medicine after all and continue forward in progress. It will ultimately be up to you and your consistency or willingness to follow through.

B

blue_angel

Don't know the exact question you asked but I feel 31.1.4>63 just shows your uncertainty and possible anxiety or worry about completing a course of action that could be of benefit to you.

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, blue_angel.
I think the uncertainty comes from the fact that I self medicate myself this time. I've been studying TCM for some time already, moreover it's the formulas I was prescribed by a TCM practitioner before /and I have the same symptoms/ so I know it's okay but I kind of lack self-confidence.
I think it was the 31.4 line that speaks about constantly going forward and backward and being indecisive and how one should make a decision and stick to it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).