...life can be translucent

Menu

Buying A House, Part I - The Budget

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there...

My first order of business for 2015 is to buy a house to live in when I retire, and I met with a realtor yesterday. She showed me houses online in the price range I was going for, none of which I liked. Then she recommended I increase my maximum budget and meet with her lender. I asked the I Ching if I should increase my budget, and they answered hex 55.

What's your take?

Thanks.

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Hi! 55 means greatness, also the peek of the sun in high noon, brightness, so it could be telling you to go higher. It is a yes/no question, I usually find those harder to interpret, you might try an open ended question like: How beneficial is it for me to increase my maximum budget to buy a house? or even... What can be the result if I increase my budget to buy a house? Sometimes that can give you something more precise. But 55 can be your answer, I sometimes even ask a couple questions just to make sure I'm getting it right, like you can ask: What type of house can I buy if I increase my budget? Anyhow, good luck house hunting :)

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Juaneros...

Good advice here. Thank you. I met with the Lender, and the Lender said I was being surprisingly realistic about my budget and suggested I stick with it. I can go a tad higher if I put more $$$ down, which I will probably do. We'll see when there's more inventory in the next couple of months.

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
You're welcome! I think I'll use the I Ching as well when I ever buy a house for advice :D Good luck on it still, seems exciting looking one. TTFN.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).