...life can be translucent

Menu

4 physicians

pakua

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

My mother has been suffereing extreme pain for quite a while. In addition to all the usual medical stuff (which leads nowhere) she's been trying acupunture to try to relieve some of the pain, but that's not helping. So I want to take her to someone else. I have four choices, so I asked four times.

a) someone who does mineral balancing 49.4
b) chiropractor 42.3
c) homeopath 13.1.5.6
d) another acupunturist 29.3

It seems to me that a) is the most positive. He is actually my favorite in any case. What I find especially interesting is that, after he balances the nutrients in the body, 49 changes to 63, where all the lines are in their proper place. Do others agree?

I don't really understand b and c though. Is b saying, there will be increase in spite of difficulty, and things turn out well? Is c saying, after a while, there will be good progress, but not to expect too much?

As for d, I'm surprised. He's a venerable old man, with lots of experience, and yet it seems to be saying, no way out of danger.

Any comments would be most appreciated.

brian

visitor
Reaction score
A)Ge;JI Ji

Ge--conflict, contention, mutual degradation and destruction, abolishing the old. Fire below, lake above. Fire rising up to the lake and chasing its water away, lake coming down to fire and extinguishing its flames. Brightness rising up, joy descending down, the two pass and do not meet. When there is discord and when things do not come together in harmony they will come apart and dissolve what they had formed.

Ge;JiJi, seeing the root of discord, finding conviction in knowing what is to be done, initiating a change and freeing oneself from regret.

B)Yi--Increasing, wind above, thunder below, a situation filled with power, a gau filled with potential--where one has made a firm decision and finds the means to move forward with ease. A great and powerful wind pouring its energy into the thunder below, when what is high imparts its strength to what is low, heaven becoming weakened in order to strengthen the earth.

Yi;Jia Ren--How there is no fault in an unfavorable position:

When one becomes aware one becomes weak, when one is weak one becomes humble, when one becomes humble then one becomes receptive, when one is receptive one receives, when one receives one is increased.

C)To me, this is the path that runs between Tong Ren and Xiao Guo

Tong Ren--Seeking harmony. Dealing primarily with how it is that people come to find harmony with each other. This is best done when people coming from many directions look for common ground that they can stand and dwell upon. A great many things come together and there is confusion, no progress can be made as each of the many seeks its own way, this then leads to the many seeking to come together and act as one, in harmony. Fire below, heaven above, what is inside following what is outside, fire rising up to meet the ever ascending heavens. A powerful and ancient serpent once said to a man who was suffering, "As surely as sparks fly upwards so a man is born into trouble". It is asserted in the I Ching that before the heavens are to confer a great responsibility upon a person they first bring them to endure great hardship--in this way ones heart is made to follow in the way of heaven, and so ones heart is able to receive the things heaven gives in abundance. When one comes to seek harmony with those who around him, one then comes to seek harmony with heaven.

Tong Ren;Dun--seeking harmony out in the open, exposing ones motives, only one who is truthful and sincere can do this without fear or apprehension. When one seeks harnony and finds that it is difficult and nothing approached is receptive--this one then becomes more open and more clearly reveals their motives. The first step of seeking harmony then is to be honest and open, if one hides things in this place it is only from oneself that these things are hidden.

Tong Ren;Li--Seeking harmony but obstructed from doing so directly. People in this place find that the more indirect path to each other is the most direct. Here is a place where one discovers the true power of what is subtle and sees first hand the nature of the I Chings power. When one initially percieves an obstruction, then looks more closely and finds that it directs them to the shortest path to where they seek to go. It was once said of this situation that when people seek harmony of mind and come to follow a common path then no distance and no obstacle can seperate them.

Tong Ren;Ge--Where one is seeking the harmony of others, but is in a place where there are no people found. Where one is seeking harmony in decision, but finds no choices to decide between. One is unable to do what one desires here, patience is a comfort, if one remains true to what one desires, and if what one desires is in the way of heaven then progress will come later in the path.

Dun;Lu--seeking harmony, encountering an obstacle, tied to the overall situation and unable to fully retreat. Paring down ones choices, weeding out the good from the bad, taking the time to clarify ones purpose on this path and throwing off unneccessary burdens and needless distractions.

Dun;Xian--similair to Dun;Lu, except here one is not bound to the situation at all, and so there is no possible obstruction--one in this place is not leashed with any concerns and free to make progress unfettered. Looking at prior hindrances and seeing them as lesser things, laying down a burden and freeing oneself up from what tied them down before.

Li;Lu--regarding the cause and nature of apprehension. When one begins down any path one is unable to see clearly the entire path at the start, and so if one is wise one is then also cautious. Steps made in this place are small, short and well measured. It is here that one seeking progress is slowed only by prudant concern.

Li;Feng--In this place one is confronted with one problem that manifests itself as many smaller problems, or with one problem and many possible solutions--here one learns it is best to go straight to the root of the problem and choose the solution that deals with it most strongly--again this is only possible if one has initially taken the time to look at the overall situation as outlined in Li;Lu. In order to "Kill the king and capture the followers" one must first be able to discern the king from his followers as well as discover where it is the king resides.

Ge;Xian--a place where it would be unwise to leave behind what one already has, for here there is no sight of anything new to take instead. An ambiguos place, a place where one should take the time to better look at what is around before moving forward to demolish what stands. Where one has decided to do away with the old, but has yet to find what to fill its place.

Ge;Feng--Seeking to move forward and abolish the old, as in Ge;Xian there is nothing to be seen directly which can be taken in the place of what is old. Even as this is so there is word of something that can replace the old, not yet found directly its reputation precedes it and comes to greet one here like the wind--if one has faith in the wind that speaks to them here, then one moves forward by placing their faith in this wind.

Xian;Xiao Guo--This is a place where forward progress is gained only by leaving things behind. In this place many things are offered guilded in gold, some of these things are not worth the guilding placed upon them, and so one should not act with haste or in a near sighted manner simply for the sake that they may move forward.

Feng;Xiao Guo--people will only follow their hearts, it is best to know what your heart then follows. This is a palce where ones heart is correct and so ones heart changes following what guides it.

Lu;Xiao Guo--stubborn and proud, finding no rest, driving away assistance with ones own strong will. If one in this place is unable to make progress or find rest then it would be best to look into ones own heart and see if that is the problem.

D)Kan;Jing--this is a place where one is no position to struggle, one cannot overcome ones confinements here and so it is best to conserve oneself and look inward at the smaller things, biding ones time until it is possible to move. The confinement of indecision is often paralyzing. When making a decision and seeing many possible choices it is easy to become frozen if one attempts to chase down them all, going in many directions at once yields a restless stillness and is an unfortunate place to be in. One cannot overcome this type of confinement unless they begin to settle themselves down. Looking at all the possibilities with calmness and depth will pave the way for conviction of action and a release from the bindings of this place. If one is being rushed through the decision by outside concerns or the weight or nature of the decision itself then one will find it very hard to overcome their hardship here--for they must learn to detach themselves from their concerns without abandoning the same--a truely masterful art, if one learns the lessons taught here, and learns them well they will find they have great power.

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Pakua,

Option (a) is your favourite, and new option i guess?

Can (c) goes in parallel with (a)?
It could be helpful if it does.
At least, you have a group of like-minded people to share your concerns.

Option (d)?
Yi does not recommend that.

C

candid

Hi Pakua,

Where matters of physical health are concerned, I've recently learned to rely more on my own body's perceptions and judgment rather than on the Yi to determine what is best. I was told this by a couple of friends for awhile, but decided to follow my interpretations for Yi's answers, instead. Not that Yi's answers were wrong or misguiding. Just that listening to my own body would have been the best judge of what should be done. In retrospect, this is what the Yi was telling me all along.

Your first answer (49.4) could say, not to be afraid of taking a departure from the conventional approach, even if it?s out of your or your mother?s comfort zone. Balancing, minerals or otherwise, is usually the best approach. Sometimes the solution can be so simple we overlook it. One of the best medicines for pain is water, while reducing things like caffeine. Balancing.

Wishing the best for you and your mother.

pakua

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Brian, I love your style. I sort of can follow your a,b, and d, but am having difficulty with c. For example, where you say Li;Lu isn't that 30;10 where does that come from? Why is Lu part of this??

Yly2pg1, I was also thinking about doing both in parallel. Not really new to me or her, but to everyone else, yes.

Candid, strange that you mention water, the morphine apparently makes water taste bad, so she won't drink it. Coffee tastes fine though! At least I get her to use decaf sometimes. And as you say, it is sort of uncomfortable, it's a longish trip there and back, as well as having to fight off the doctors just now.

C

candid

Pakua, I know it sounds strange; something as simple as water for pain. It's true though, especially for spinal injuries, neck or joint pain. Caffeinated soft drinks or coffee is the worst. In moderation it?s fine, but hard core coffee drinkers need at least an equal amount of water to compensate. Mixing some juice with water makes it more palatable. Morphine. Sounds pretty serious.

Best to you both.

brian

visitor
Reaction score
I wish sometimes I could refer to the gua by their ideographs, but it may be best for me to refer more literally to the sequence.

Lu can be either your "10", or your "56", just as Qian can be either "1" or "15", or how Jian can be either "53" or "39", or how Jie can be either "40" or "60", and so on and so forth.

In the LiLu I spoke of it was "56" and not "10".

pakua

visitor
Reaction score
Well this didn't turn out exactly the way I thought.

As I said, I was in favour of option a, which was 49.4. I assumed though that the answers referred only to the medical condition. Instead, the answer referred mainly to the political situation, iow the fight to get her the treatment.

I should say her friend of 50 years, and "sort-of partner" for the last 20 is her primary caregiver.

I've had the most intense battles with him over the last month, first trying to get her to see the physician, and then after that to try to implement the solution.

Just prior to the last "discussion", I got 56.5, and I managed to convince him to follow the recommendation. That lasted a week, until the medical people convinced him to abandon it.

The horrible part is that the medical establishment has been able to do nothing for a year, whereas this physician diagnosed and had solutions within an hour, and it's so simple.

Now my question is, where do I stand now? 48.2.5. Withdraw, stop fighting, calm myself, and then try again from a more peaceful attitude?
The problem is there's not much time.

But I wonder, why did it only last a week? I suppose the revolution didn't go deep enough and show enough readily discernable results fast enough.

pargenton

Reaction score
Hi Pakua,
I'm sorry for you and your mother.
And I realize it's very difficult to suggest choices with regard to health problems.
A friend of mine has hepatis-c, I suggested her to follow conventional therapy (interferone-peg), but the cure was worse than the illness, she was unable to sustain the treatment and she suspended it.

As regards the interpretation of 48.5, I think Yi suggests you can be a source of nourishment, I may add spiritual, for your mother, in these difficult times.

Hugs
Paolo

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"Now my question is, where do I stand now? 48.2.5."

It seems to be saying: On the one hand aiming at some small prize all the while a valuable resource (time?) is leaking away. On the other hand, there's a source of lifewater for you in this situation for you to take in - something really refreshing and life-sustaining (love, I'd guess...possibly insight...possibly deep peace).

48>15: you're drawing on depth here in a modest way. Make sure you get deep enough and stay modest.

C

candid

Don't know if this applies or not, but during the time I was losing it from congestive heart failure I receive 48.2 a couple of times regarding the condition.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).