...life can be translucent

Menu

Change 54.3 to 34

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if any of you would like to pitch in into this reading.
Lately I've been feeling on a rut about many things in different areas in my life (basically I feel things are just not working out for me in general, which obviously has me feeling "down" lately) so I asked the Yi for advice. My question was "How can I stop feeling this way" and the answer I got was 54.3 to 34

It does make sense. I interpret it as "Well, yeah, things are certainly not working out for you and you must learn that you won't always get what you want". Along those same lines I also see it as being careful not to get caught up in the things I long for, because other good things that might be even better or more suitable for me could be around the corner and I might overlook them.

Now, on LiSe it also speaks about waiting, about how things come to those who wait and about "who stays in his own dignity will get one with dignity" or something in the lines of that, which made me think about timing, or maybe some change coming and I shouldn't let my eagerness for things to happen now to get in the way of them actually happening.

Considering my question was asking for advice more than a reflection of a particular situation, what do you guys think the Yi is advising? "Don't want what you can't have", "Wait and something else will come"? Both? Neither? :bows:

Hope you all had great New Year and Christmas Celebrations

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"How can I stop feeling this way" and the answer I got was 54.3 to 34

Hi Lysithea,

To me, it sounds like a compromise situation (54.3) that requires more rethinking along the lines of your core values to be more whole-hearted about staying or moving on (34).

(Among other images, the lower trigram of 34 [heaven] is associated with morals and values and the upper trigram [thunder] with movement and creative energy.)

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting...

Hi iams girl, thank you so much for your reply. So if I understood you correctly, you mean the advice is to trace my steps back and think about my motivation in the sense of my own values regarding what I want but currently am not achieving? For example: why is it that I wanted this so much, what does it say about me?

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, and I think tracing your steps back is a great way of putting it. I find it easy to get stuck on auto-pilot causing me to think in terms of what I "have" to do instead what I originally "wanted" to do.

Refining and adjusting circumstances is a life-long process as we age and grow and generally very simply aimed at love, security, and purpose. With spring coming soon, maybe it's a natural time to start thinking in terms of clearing out cobwebs, getting rid of clutter, and starting mental remodeling projects to reinvigorate our lives.

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, this is really helpful and certainly an approach that I haven't considered before. Lots of thinking to do :)

C

cjgait

The Forest of Changes verse for 54 - 34 is:

54 - 34

Grand Duke Jiang* hides from tyrant Zhou,
At seventy, he lives in seclusion,
After his meeting with the sage king Wen,
He becomes a model minister.

* Jiang Taigong, popular name of Lu Shang, who helped found the Zhou Dynasty and became the first ruler of the state of Qi.

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
That is very interest cjgait. One could interpret this as that everything comes in time, including meeting with the "wise men". Bringing it to modern times, I see it as that destiny comes when it has to come, no matter how much you'd want it to come sooner rather than later. We are so caught up in a world that just "works" and things are always so fast and immediate, that when we find roadblocks on our way or things just don't work out for us, we lose the real perspective of time.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).