...life can be translucent

Menu

Does 55 indicate short lived?

S

seeker

Now that I have divested myself of the latest guy I did not belong with, I asked what my prospects were for meeting someone new? 30.6 to 55. Line 6 would seem to indicate some work involved, wondering if Wilhelms reference to rooting out bad habits is a reference to me recognizing my own past mistakes and not repeating them. But it leads to 55, abundance that has a peak and then fizzles out. Does that indicate that the next connection will be short lived like the last one???

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
Time to meet your life partner is on the way.
The prospect is bright.

55 has his peak.
Fizzle out when senses reign.
Prevail with genuine love.
You can take your pick.
Which would you rather be?

Know yourself and your criteria first(30.6)

jte

visitor
Reaction score
I'd say you're in good shape, Seek. Perhaps, per the line, you're going to be a positive, "correcting" influence on the next person you're with... or perhaps bringing the regions to a correct state means simply means "correcting" the condition of being alone.

Either way, looks good...

- Jeff

C

candid

30.6 Learn from your mistakes.

55 Live long and prosper.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Identify the negative force (in this case, probably an assumption on your part or an attitude) which is causing all the problems and eliminate it. The outcome? Radiance.

S

seeker

Well, all that sounds pretty good, much more positive than I thought. I asked tonight what I needed to do to meet that person, and I got 19, unchanging. I kind of read this as just do it
happy.gif
And from Karchers interpretation, I think I see a connection to that 30.6, as his 19 talks about having modest expectations and not expecting to have it all right away. I think that is the mistake referred to in 30.6; I tend to get involved very quickly, too quickly, before I really know the person. I think Yi is telling me not to rush into anything, to be realistic and let things develope at their own pace. Let the romance blossom over time. Ah, the lessons we must learn.

S

seeker

Something else, asked if one of the mistakes I was making was getting sexually involved too quickly. answer 44.5. Bradfords interpretation of line 5 talks about restraint. Does that mean this is a resounding yes
blush.gif

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Seeker-
Restraint up to a point. This is the draft of my new commentary (with the formatting all messed up):

44.5, 9 5th, Zhi Gua 50: Ding, The Cauldron
(Fan Yao 50.5: cauldron?s golden ears, rewarding to persist)

Wrapping the melons in willows
A display of restraint
They will have fallen from heaven

44.5x Nine fifth?s display (of) restraint:
(Of) concentration (and) integrity
* (These) will have fallen from heaven:
The intentions do not forsake higher purpose

All of the members come to his meeting, and he acts like a model host, serving his
fine food and drink. But all the green melons stay in the cellar, hidden from light
and view. Still deeper down, and covered with cobwebs and dust, are the rows of
tightly-corked bottles of wine. The melons and wine will one day be sacraments,
as though they had fallen from heaven. But heaven is not just a place, or even all
places. It is all times as well, and the way times are strung together. There is much
of not yet in heaven, and just as much of too late. But the melons and wine, given
our kind but reserved host?s assistance, will fall from the time of just right, when
heaven is ready as well. Haste is such a shallow thing, not worthy of a sacrament.
Just like the melons and wine, our very best is sacred, and worthy of our patience.

brian

visitor
Reaction score
Li--Fire above fire below, brightness, often associated with a very bright yellow bird ascending into the sky, towards the sun.

The sequence of Li can easily read; after a fierce storm has passed the birds emerge from their shelter and fly towards the brightness of heaven that is revealed by the retreating clouds.

After people have gone through darkness they are ready to reach for what is bright.

Kan and Li, Qian and Kun, in no other pair of gua is the relationship between yang and yin shown so strongly.

Li;Feng--Being prepared by darkness to receive what is bright. Breaking away and ascending, repelled from kan, no longer tied down, being nearest to the heavens as they begin to be revealed.

One in this place finds that they can see the future clearly, for the light shed from the past is very strong and discerning. It is the brilliant light from darkness past that illuminates the future most sharply.

Where ones past experiences lead to a maturing and an increase in conviction. Where one once sat in darkness unable to move, one is now able to see clearly what it is they want.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).