...life can be translucent

Menu

Levels of Meaning

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Levels of Meaning, and 'Meaning'!

Here I am back again, questioning.

Now. I have just done a reading with a specific question which asks for answer not on the level of Universal Self, and Transcendence or anything massive like that, but a simple human like level question such as: 'What if I ring and ask to speak to GW?' The response I got from I ching was:

Hexagram 11.1.2.4> 62

which in the circumstances, Hex 62 as context seems about right.

However, having read several Translations and commentaries, and finally Hilary's, Hilary's seems to be very on the ball on this one, but takes the responses to, lets say, what are from my point of view, much higher perspectives. In so doing, the specific question doesn't seem to be to be answered, but rather, the question that is answered relates to my sort of, existential position in this Universe. Which is rather more daunting that I had wanted.

What I was looking for in my question of the I ching was a response, a meaningful answer, within context of the actual situation, of my question (above).

As it happened, I took the Hex 11 response to be basically favourable to my issue, and rang the person who was nevertheless engaged. So now, I await a ring-back, having left a message.

But Hilary's 'Walking Your Path' is now making me doubt.

I am not wanting a 'this is your life-path this incarnation' response, but a rather more to the point, practical indication of whether such a phone call might result in taking me in my desirable direction, or not, in my immediate circumstances.

Any comments please? Apart from simply telling me the I ching sometimes doesn't directly answer the question you are conscious of, but sometimes some much deeper issue....:duh: If it doesn't answer my question, then it all seems rather too much of a lottery and very confusing for my little brain. Like saying please do you have a plane going to SPAIN, and being offered one to Australia or something.

Thank you, bright ones.

C

cjgait

The Forest of Changes verse on this is quite positive. Please let us know how things turn out:

11 - 62

Peaches and plums, blossoms and fruit,
The hanging fruit increasing by the day.
Growing and ripening,
Sweet and delicious,
Bringing us profits and good fortune.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I usually look for the quick practical interpretation first and then if the answer makes no sense to me on that level I start looking for deeper meanings. Sometimes I have to walk away from it for awhile and then I'll get a flash of insight later. Or not.
So in response to your request for comments I have to say, "Welcome to the club! Yeah, sometimes the I Ching does seem to be rather too much of a lottery and very confusing no matter what size your brain.":rolleyes:

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Ok thank you! Well to bring you up to date then, although long way to go..............despite all the spiritual advice and positive images in 11.1.2.4 > 62, as is often the way with me I ended up getting on my high horse a bit ( I think) during the phone conversation, lecturing and stuff.........although tbh I still feel what I said was direct, purposeful and understandably indignant. But if you are aspiring to higher things that wont wash with the I ching will it? so does that mean I have blotted my copybook I am wondering? I am never quite sure whether when I am candid, this merges into arrogance (in I ching understanding), or whether this is simply me representing 'integrity'. However, I suppose I have to confess (once again) to not being sufficiently humble. Oh god. ruined a good reading again have I? Time will tell.

P

peterg

I cast 11.2.4 - 55 on Christmas day, with no specific question.

There is always a deeper level eg this got me thinking about Mt. Tai and the Feng and Shan sacrifices and their association with mandate, legitimacy and their necessity to harmonise heaven and earth.

But on a simpler practical level I saw 'peace and prosperity', a standard Xmas greeting.
A possible reference to time and calendar: H11 as February and the total solar eclipse in March.
'Enwrapping wasteland' 11.2 suggested a book endorsement. I was expecting a parcel-book via paypal contract from a land far away in the wild west.
The fluttering or hovering in 11.4 may have had something to do with not being in the mood for Xmas cards and presents this year, something I was in two minds about. Or hovering over books and extracting the essence, or not.

Last edited:
P

peterg

Update

The lines did have a literal message which became clear at the right time, and they have a tone of successful outcome.
Karcher & Ritsema is a very literal translation:
Enwrapping wasteland. Availing of crossing the channel. Not putting off abandoning. Partnering extinguished. Acquiring honour, tending towards centreing moving.( Using the shining great ).
Fluttering fluttering. Not affluence,using ones neighbour.(Altogether letting go substance).
Not warning, using conforming.(Centreing the heart desiring).

The partnering was medical cover, which was not something I was thinking about. It was due to expire and needed to be renewed about every three years.
The problem was that letters and documents 'fluttered' to an old address.The faithful neighbour did produce them eventually just in time. I did realize their significance straight away.I already knew that something was fluttering.

Just as well because shortly afterwards on the day of the locally visible solar eclipse in March 2015 (H55 ?) I got a dental abscess which precipitated a lot of dental work. There was a cluster of H11 incl. 11.1: clusters of something being pulled up by the roots.
There was also a cluster of H19,and if you analyse the graph for Lin you will see a servant lying prone, and an official bending over many mouths. Eight teeth were worked on but the there were problems and the extended plan fell to bits.

I suppose that gives a flavour of the way the I Ching 'thinks'. I think.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).