...life can be translucent

Menu

hot water boiler not working properly

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello community of coins throwers

My housemates and I have had problems with the hot water boiler for the last three years - just in winter, no such problem in summer!

So we think it might have something to do either with the weather (the boiler is placed outside on the balcony) or the heating (the boiler it's used for both hot water and heating).

We have had the same person checking it every year, and every year the technician says everything is fine. But then every winter it gets stuck from time to time - nothing impossibile to solve, but when it gets stuck there's no hot water and we have to go out on the balcony, open a little valve and then pression goes up again.

So I asked what's the problem with the boiler? 30.2.5>1

I don't understand if it's something to do with ignition (30 is fire) or with taking care of - could it be it needs maintenance?
1 would make me think that once the problem is solved it will be a full energy boiler :)

Could a new technician be able to fix it? 29.1.3.4>43
29.1 and 29.3 look really bad..

What do you think?

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting that you got fire (30) and water (29) on both questions :) I think the problem might not be the ignition itself, and I don't even know how boilers work :)~ but you do get 30.5 which has to do with tears, maybe it's not getting the water correctly in the winter, or it's leaking, but I guess you would know that, maybe it has to do with the cold temperature. The resulting hexagram it's a nice one, either it means it needs some sort of creativity to fix it, hehe... but overall I think it might have a solution.

Your other question is a yes and no question, there you get hex 29 which can mean the problem that you are facing, that it has to do with the water or cold weather, if there are three line changing I stick with the middle one, so 29.3, yeah it's probably not a fun situation for you. I think the answer for that question might be 43, which would take a bit of determination, and it also has Tui as the top hexagram which means lake, directing the water to flow higher.

Will it get fixed, dunno... hehe. But Spring and Summer are on there way in a few months ;) Good luck.

S

sooo

I don't know how cold your winters are there, and hot water heaters/boilers are rarely used here to heat homes anymore so I'm not that familiar with them. But if it's freezing up and the boiler's outside, I would think greater insulation seems like a logical approach. I get the impression that the relating 1 may refer to your usual guy's lack of using his head to shed some light on the problem. 'Course if he gets paid every time he's called back, he may not want to suggest something as simple as additional winter insulation around the heater and outdoor plumbing.

I think your reading about a second opinion is just that: 43 being his talking about the water heater problem, which may not be a bad thing since additional insulation seems like something the first guy should have looked at. 29.4 often refers to simple logic.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello thank you both of you

Actually the boiler is sort of repaired by an iron case which is put around it .
A sort of wardrobe but the bottom is open for pipes to come down.
So it is covered on the top and somewhat in front of it.

I just wanted to make sure that calling a new guy (who will have to be paid) wouldn't be discouraged.
:)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Could the first cast refer to radiators cleaning?

We have noticed that it gets stuck when we start turning radiators on. I am wondering if water in dirty radiators might bring around some particles of dirt that cause the boiler's pressure to go down. Cos the problem is basically the pressure that falls down until we open a little valve to put it up again

S

sooo

Sorry, Olga, can't say, especially without actually seeing it. Sometimes we drain our hot water heaters here to get rid of particles and refill with clean water, so it's possible. I don't really see that in the reading but who knows?

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I guess this is really a strange question for the oracle but I wanted to try anyway since I've noticed some of you use it to find lost glasses!!
:blush:

S

sooo

For sure. I use it for mundane and practical solutions all the time. The answers may still be in the readings, I just haven't the right spectacles to see it at this time.
freak3.gif

Wait, you said 29.3 not 29.4. Let me have another look.

S

sooo

hmm, line 3 refers to being stuck; no going forward or backward.. do not act this way, water heater! This changes to 48, hmmm. Now this may refer to a clog, sludge, obstruction, or a thermostatic potentiometer problem. With 48, I'd go with the former. The water in the well can't flow forward or backward. Maybe your original hunch is correct after all.

In the old days we'd hit the radiators with a wrench to loosen obstructions.

Think I'd pay for the second guy. At least you'll get a second professional opinion.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Little update!

We found what causes the pressure to go down :)
One of the radiators is leaking.

So I guess Juaneros was right!

Line 5
'Weeping tears like flowing streams,
Sad as if in mourning.
Good fortune.'

tears, leaking radiator :rolleyes:

Interesting that you got fire (30) and water (29) on both questions :) I think the problem might not be the ignition itself, and I don't even know how boilers work :)~ but you do get 30.5 which has to do with tears, maybe it's not getting the water correctly in the winter, or it's leaking, but I guess you would know that

We are going to change the radiator.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).