...life can be translucent

Menu

Why no Job? 29.6

Dive00

visitor
Reaction score
After almost a year of job-hunting, applying for jobs like a mad. One which seemed to be "the one" turned me down. I am an experienced, creative, graphic designer/director for 15 years, and it almost seems impossible to win a job. Out of the blue, I decided to ask iching a straight forward question.

"Why can't I get a job?"

29.6 59.

The shackles have worn tight?

Not that I am lazy about it, but it doesn't make sense to me. Either there is something I am doing a wrong all the time that I am not seeing or the economy is just this bad. :duh: :brickwall: :hissy:

Any suggestions? Thanks :hugs:

G

goddessliss

Dive00 - I think it's really asking for you to be patient and look for the lesson here.

Good to ask - What can I learn about myself through this situation?

How can I progress my job prospects?

- Liss

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Why can't I get a job?
29.6 > 59

In spite of your experience and ability, you can't get a job because you are being displaced by younger, less experienced, and probably less competent who have lower pay expectations. No employer wants to pay you what your are worth. They are going with the cheapest. How can you overcome this? Do you have a portfolio of completed projects that you submit when you apply for a job? I think you aren't getting a job because prospective employers don't know what they are losing by not employing you. 29.6 does not bode well for quick employment:

. . .
Shut in between thorn-hedged prison walls:
For three years one does not find the way.
Misfortune.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
:duh: his right eye and forehead hurts.
:brickwall: his head and neck are sore
:hissy: his arms aren't going to fly over this wall, and will be sore soon too.

Any chance this answer might have been a picture of your emotional state?

Dive00

visitor
Reaction score
As a quick reply to this topic;

pocossin, you are spot on! :bows:

I'll come back to this topic soon once I have digested some ideas/questions.

B

butterfly spider

Hexagram 29 means to me that your problem is to do with your own outlook on your job situation. It means that you have to really try to circumvent the job applying in someway - you have so many other folk to be up against. I think you need to reinvent your CV or your thoughts on what you have to offer. I have worked with prisoners who have been convicted of dreadful crimes and are incarcerated for years. He 29 feels like this - but it is a case of new outlook change and working with what you have
Often we find parts of ourselves that can offer new things
Good luck

Dive00

visitor
Reaction score
Dive00 - I think it's really asking for you to be patient and look for the lesson here.

Good to ask - What can I learn about myself through this situation?

How can I progress my job prospects?

- Liss

After some experiences in job interviews and such. Coupled with a financial desperation in getting a job. Coupled again with the fact that I have no other qualifications in changing my expertise due to minimal job offers for economic reasons (in general). I can't help but think what goddessliss said. So to conclude to this post. I have asked the following

What can I learn about myself through this situation?
55.6 30 "Enjoy your abundance but dont flaunt with it" -Could this mean I shouldn't worry?

43.3 58 " Severing Ties" - This surprised me, does this mean I should stop looking for a job in my field of expertise? Or remain positive and hope for the best?

Thank you! :bows:

S

svenrus

Theese advices seems to be in accord with the answer given in #2, this thread:

"....You are setting out on a journey to find something. The
mission will be successful only if you have faith.
...."

"When your hands are tied, there is nothing you can do but wait things out."

Advices to the Judgement and Top line from Kerson & Rosemarys I Chingbook.

Last edited:

Dive00

visitor
Reaction score
Not really the answer i was hoping for... I know what I am waiting for, that is change. As the old saying goes, when you want change, make it happen, but in my case, as I have been trying to make it happen, no fruits have been there to profit from and i've only been hit many times by deception.

What is the lesson to be learnt here:
46.5 48 - "Staying Humble" Meditate and stay put?

Any other suggestive questions to ask that could help or benefit me for better insight? :/

What can I do in the meanwhile to get money in

38.1.2.5 12 kinda speaks for itself I think, if I have understood correctly. No point in running around circles.

What are the prospects of my music career
51 Powerful jolt = potential?

Confusing, don't know what to ask to find a concrete solution, direction, or answer. What would be good questions to ask? :/

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I gave you my view in January, and it has not changed. As I said: "Do you have a portfolio of completed projects that you submit when you apply for a job? I think you aren't getting a job because prospective employers don't know what they are losing by not employing you." They aren't going to hire you and pay you what you are worth unless you proved it. The burden of proof is on you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).