...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 17 to 23: Non-action is advised?

galatea11

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I accepted some freelance jobs that I probably should not have taken and am wondering if I should back out of them. When I asked the Sage for advice I received Hexagram 17.1.4.5.6 into 23. The appearance of so many changing lines tends to confuse me when it happens. Hexagram 17 seems to be telling me to follow my own personal truth in regard to this issue so I am inclined to cancel the jobs that I took. However, Hexagram 23 seems to advise non-action, if I am interpreting it correctly. I would welcome any insight from those who are reading this. Thanks in advance for your help.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 17 seems to be telling me to follow my own personal truth in regard to this issue so I am inclined to cancel the jobs that I took. However, Hexagram 23 seems to advise non-action, if I am interpreting it correctly.

I think your inclination to cancel the jobs is a sound one. Don't be deterred by the relating hex 23. The relating hexagram often gives the context of the question you are asking. In other words, you already are in a state of non-action, perhaps brought about by indecision. Best wishes to you!

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
My instinct in this one is first of all to be drawn to 23, and to see that as you dropping off your original ideas (i.e. the jobs), letting them go as you recognize they are not right for you. 17, being following seems to me to be supporting that intuitive sense you have. Given also that if there are so many changing lines, some would advise paying more attention to the related hexagram, I would tend to go with the idea of backing out of those commitments.
With so many moving lines, the most important focus becomes the two hexagrams - or, the second one, but also secondly bearing in mind the primary hexagram.
Hope that helps.

galatea11

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks so much, NemeanMagik. I turned down one job, another got cancelled, and a prospective employer changed the terms of a third job to make it feasible for me to do it. Everything has worked out remarkably well. Thanks again to you and Ginnie for your advice. Very much appreciated.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).