...life can be translucent

Menu

conflict with my landlord

danadanadana

visitor
Reaction score
Today it came to light that a small amenity that has been part of my apartment complex, namely the intercom system that allows me to buzz people into the building without going downstairs to let them in, will be removed. I called the landlord to ask about it and he was very, very aggressive towards me. Bringing up lots of other, irrelevant issues to justify his decision. Yelling over and over that if I don't like it I can move out. It was a very upsetting phone call, but I went to the IChing for advice.

I asked twice.
First time I asked "what advice does the oracle have for me about my conversation with the landlord earlier today?" and the answer was Hex. 38.3 changing to Hex 14.

Second time I asked "What do I need to understand about the landlord behavior towards me earlier today? and the answer was 39.2 changing to 48

Many thanks!

Last edited:
G

goddessliss

Hex 38.3>14 (not sure where you got Hex 34) The advice is to not take it on board, don't feel you have to be right and all will work out in the end.

Hex 39.3>48 - In actual fact his behaviour towards you really wasn't about you nor really directed at you, I feel something else is going on and there's more to this decision than you know about.
Best to just let it go for now and return to calmness and well being. - Liss

danadanadana

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry about the mistake! I will go ahead and change it in the original post so people are not confused. Thank you for your comments. It is hard not to take his behavior towards me personally because it was so aggressive! But your advice is well taken and probably very sound! No doubt he has lots of other problems I do not know about.

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
38.3 indicates controversy and repeated problems, but a need to deal with the situation as calmly as you can. (14) indicates a reasonable and pleasant approach to the problem will mean that the outcome should be a satisfying one.

39.2 is about hardship and obstruction. It is not your fault, this problem, in itself, but it is better not to be too critical of your landlord either. You can't ignore the problem and will have to address it with him. What you are seeking to sort out is totally reasonable and if you face up to the task & deal with it as well as you can, you will earn his respect and others' too. if you don't you will feel disappointed with yourself. Courage to you!

danadanadana

visitor
Reaction score
It is hard to maintain my reasonable and pleasant attitude when interacting with this person, but since the oracle advises I do that I will just force my self! Many thanks for your wise interpretation.

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Your last sentence made me laugh. I probably agree with the 'wise interpretation' bit, but not with it being 'mine' as such. lol. good luck!

adarkana

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You mention "going downstairs" -- how many flights? If more than two or three, that crosses the line from "small amenity" to practical necessity, I think. Is the whole intercom system being removed, or just the buzzer function?

Not certain what excuses or accusations the landlord made in support of this decision, but both those readings suggest a) nothing personal & b) it eventually works out ok.

danadanadana

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, Adarkana, the whole intercom has been removed (with no notice). For me it is two flights, but for the older lady upstairs it is 3 flights. It is in fact a necessity, but the landlord refuses to see that. I guess I wanted to minimize the problem, because I was so stunned by the intensely aggressive barrage of accusations I received when I tried to discuss the issue.
The fact that the rude, angry rant I endured was not personal does help me feel better, less afraid. But at the same time it is so unnecessary! I hope it will work out ok, as the oracle predicts. Many thanks for your response!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).