...life can be translucent

Menu

Where is my purse and diary?

River1980

visitor
Reaction score
I received 4 unchanging to my question. I have searched everywhere. I don't know if they have been lost or stolen but I think it's just best not knowing as I ching suggests and moving on.

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there. I never asked before 'where' something is at. I find it interesting ^ ^ Have you asked 'what happened to them? I do know that Ken the upper hexagram indicates Northeast and K'an the lower one indicates North, maybe it gave you directions :D Anyhow, I think we all know how it feels when we misplace something, hope you find it. Good luck!

S

sooo

A couple of meanings associated with meng (4): a spring at the foot of a mountain. Do you have a swimming pool? A bathtub? A cellar? It also can mean a covering, a coat, particularly an animal skin, or a mask of some sort. Lastly, do you have a child that may have been playing with it?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
so have you found it yet ?

River1980

visitor
Reaction score
Have not had any luck finding them but thank you all for sharing your insights and taking time out to help. It's much appreciated.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
One more idea to add to the list..any chance you have something in your house (or wherever you were when you last had your things) that is broken? Some sort of gizmo or appliance that isn't working right now? Maybe even something like a broken television set or radio, which is literally supposed to "speak" when you use it?

What made me think of that was the Oracle (quoted from Hilary's book):

"Not knowing, creating success.
I do not seek the young ignoramus, the young ignoramus seeks me.
The first consultation speaks clearly.
The second and third pollute the waters,
Polluted, and hence not speaking.
Constancy bears fruit."

Usually if that is the section that's relevant to a reading, it means to stop asking Yi questions, because it's already answered you. But if you asked only one question (which is what it sounds like), then it might mean something else. Maybe the fifth line ("Polluted, and hence not speaking") could mean something that is broken and not working. (Or - stretching a point - something that theoretically works but you haven't used it in a long time, or some location in your house where you don't often go, but you went to recently? A drawer, cupboard, or shelf you don't usually use? Do you keep old cell phones, or other obsolete gadgets, in a drawer or box somewhere? Do you have a nook in your house that was originally intended for the telephone, but is no longer used for that purpose? I've seen such nooks in older houses.)

That is a long shot - just one more idea to try. It also might sound more like 48.1 ("The well is muddy, no drinking. Old well, no birds") and you did not get 48.1, so there's that. But I also know from personal experience that sometimes when we lose things and then luckily find them again, we have no recollection of ever being in that spot with those things, because we had our mind on something else and were not registering in our brain where we even were.

I like Sooo's suggestions, too - they are from the hexagram 4 Image:

"Below the mountain, spring water comes forth: Not Knowing.
A noble one nourishes character with the fruits of action."

As usual I don't understand Pocossin's interpretation method or how he got "around the bed," but I do know he has been successful in finding lost things in the past :D:

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?17233-60-2-3-6-gt-37-lost-item

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Another idea - hexagram 4 can mean "Learning," and in my own readings I've occasionally seen it mean "there is something you don't know about (yet)" (often in the context of "stop asking questions! As soon as you find out about this thing, all will become clear!)

So...learning...have you been to a school lately? Or a library or bookstore? Some other vaguely educational setting? If you have children, were you helping them with their homework, or running some errand which had something to do with their school activities, such as buying a school supply? Is there somewhere in your house where you keep school supplies? Were you trying to research something somewhere? You might check lost & founds in places you've been.

Repeated questioning...were you asking someone questions about something? Trying to get information? Was there a situation where you were trying to find out something, or trying to get something done, and you were thwarted in your efforts, or it took a lot of fruitless attempts before you got what you needed?

"Something you don't know about" - did anything unexpected happen recently, or did you get any unexpected news, and if so where were you or what were you doing when you found out? Or did you get a surprise, were you surprised by something? Were you at a surprise party, or anything which may have involved surprising someone else? Shopping for a gift or something? (I realize this notion overlaps with hexagram 25 - The Unexpected - not sure how to sort that out.)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Or...the nasty, mean side of hexagram 4 :mischief:...were you anywhere where there was someone who was acting foolishly, or like an ignoramus, or who you thought was an utter dingbat? Were you somewhere where you encountered bad or ridiculous behavior?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
As usual I don't understand Pocossin's interpretation method or how he got "around the bed," but I do know he has been successful in finding lost things in the past

Thank you, but sometimes I miss. My method is to look at the hexagram as a picture of the place containing the lost object. Hexagram 4 is like the bed of hexagram 23. The bottom line of 4 is like the legs of a bed. Line 2 I took to represent slats or springs. I also considered trigrams, intuition, and past experience.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).