...life can be translucent

Menu

Changing Jobs

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
What if my wife tries to go work at a [specific place]?
18 Remedying
Remedying.
Sublimely prosperous and smooth.
Favorable to cross great rivers.
Before starting three days.
After starting three days.

Commentary
Remedying.
The firm is above and the yielding below.
Gentle and standing still.
This is Remedying.

Sublimely proserous and smooth.
The world will be regulated in good order.

Favorable to cross great rivers.
It is time to go forward and do something.

Before starting, three days.
After starting, three days.

What if she stays at her current place of employment?
23 Falling Away

Falling Away.
Unfavorable to have somewhere to go.

Commentary
Falling Away is decaying.
The yielding line want to change the firm.
Unfavorable to have somewhere to go
Little fellows are groing and extending.

Act in accordance with the situation and keep still.
Contemplating the image,
The superior person comprehends
The alteration of increase and decrease,
Also the alteration of fullness and emptiness.
It is the Tao of Heaven.
Six at fourth:
Falling Away: the skin on the bed.
Misfortune.

Falling away: the skin on the bed.
Calamity is near at hand.

Huang interprets the Fourth Six as a need to change situations because calamity is at hand.

Potential Hexagram 35 Proceeding Forward
Proceeding forward.
Lord Kang is honored with numerous horses.
In a single day, thrice recieved at interview.
Commentary:
Proceeding Forward.
It denotes advancing.

The bright is appearing over the earth.
The submissive is clinging to the brilliant.
The gentle is proceeding and moving upward.

It symbolizes that the lord who maintains the country in order
Is honored with numerous horses
And received at interviews three times a day.

I'm not completely sure about the first answer, but I think it means that there needs to be a plan before any action is taken to remedy the situation. Action is, however, necessary.

The second answer feels similar. The situation is bad, and, as Huang notes, she needs to change situations in order to avoid calamity. The potential hexagram confuses me slightly. Karcher translates 35 as prospering; so, that would mean a positive outcome. But, after looking at Huang's translation, it seems that, as before, it is necessary to plan carefully in order to assure that we get those horses.

I know this is a lot to take in, but if anyone has any insight to add, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Here at Clarity we never tire of pointing out that the relating hexagram -- in this case hexagram 35 -- is often the context in which we are asking the question. And so, one wants to advance and prosper. Here it is expressing more of a wish than an outcome.

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand. It seems fairly straightforward that my wife wants a positive outcome; e.g., to advance and prosper. But what is the Oracle trying to tell us by reiterating something that most people already know they want?

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
I still don't see the thumbs up thing. So, hopefully, after a few more posts, I can start clicking the thumbs up symbol. But, until then, thanks for your feedback!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Not every question has the context of advancing and prospering. Are you saying that the I Ching is being too obvious in this case? I'm thinking that it does no harm. Most people experience the I Ching as being too obscure! Anyway, it is to the primary hexagram, of course, that we usually look for the most guidance ...

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
I hope I didn't sound snarky. That certainly wasn't my intent. But you are correct about your interpretation of my statement: the use of 35 in this case to represent the goal threw me off. I wasn't trying to imply that 35 was the context. I also agree about your last statement regarding the primary hex for guidance. I just didn't understand the 35. I am also not trying to imply that I have a greater insight than most into the Yi. I definitely classify myself as a beginner.

Again, when typing, it can be tricky for me to convey the right tone. I absolutely appreciate your forcing me to think about this differently. You seem to be the only person that reads my posts lol :D. I really hope I didn't sound rude in my previous posts, and if I did, then I'm sorry. Thanks again for posting!

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks again, Ginnie! This did indeed work out quite well for my wife. There was still some stress, but overall it was better. She isn't currently working for this employer, but she left on good terms.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had ended up working with the same employer but in a different department. Things have recently started going badly for me here, but, closer to the time of this reading, things had been going well. I may do a reading about my future course of action in a new post.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).