...life can be translucent

Menu

23 and dishonest people

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have received 23 twice in a week regarding two acquaintances and can't grasp the meaning although I feel they both have something in common: these two girls have behaved towards me in a way I don't like!

Girl A
An actress as well. Met at a workshop, then a year later happened to perform together in a play (just an appearance), then I sort of got closed to her as she's a Buddhist too and we went to a couple of praying meetings together.
One day the name of the famous director came up (a famous director I followed for years and was about to work with but eventually it turned out a painful experience), I briefly told her what had happened and she showed me her support, saying that people like that are horrible, best to lose than to find and that I deserve more respect and I HAD BETTER CONCENTRATE ON OTHER PEOPLE.

A few months later I happened to notice she's doing workshops with the director..

Then one day I meet her by chance, we speak a little, of Buddhism too, and she has this air of superiority towards me.. She remains vague, says that she's praying much and things are arriving.. but says nothing about the director.

I understand that she put the aim (the objective) to work with the director, prayed for it, and now that she has signed the contract she is not concealing it on facebook :)

So last week I was wondering about the fact that I followed the director for years while she just went to do a workshop and now she's working with them.

So I asked Why is she working with the director? meaning how did she succeed? (since I didn't succeed in that?) 23.4>35

Girl B
She's an actress too. I met her last year in the same performance I did with girl A.
One month after the performance we decided to go to the cinema. While I was waiting for her to arrive, she phoned me to say she'll be late, that I should just get my ticket and get in, she will probably arrive once the film had started.
Since at the time I had made a sort of movie card buying all the tickets in advance for a cheaper price, I told her if she got in with my card she would just have to pay 4€ instead of 8€, and that I could leave her ticket at the entrance.
Wonderful!, she said.
So I got in, and she arrived a few minutes after the film had started.

At the end of the film she got a call from her mother telling her that she had blocked her bank account for suspected fraud as her mother had noticed that an unusual amount of money had been withdrawn from her account. (there had been no fraud, of course. She had just spent a lot of money, and her mother could have asked her instead of blocking her account!) But anyway after the call she was in distress and told me she could not give me the money as her bank account had been blocked.
No problem, I said, and if you need some money for these days until you solve your problems with the bank I could lend it to you.

Months go by, and finally we have the chance to meet again. We have a cup of tea. When it's time for paying, she suddenly goes: I would OFFER it to you, but you know, I always have little money..
To which I say: You owe me 4€ by the way (trying to remind it in a jokingly way :)

4€ is not a lot and it's not the problem here. The problem is that if I hadn't offer to let her in with my card she would have paid 8€, so I made her save 4€ and I felt this was a nice thing to do. The fact is that she's avoiding the issue and finding excuses and even wanting to pass as a generous person while she's not at all!! I mean even if she had paid for the tea she would not have offered it at all.. she would just have paid me back!

Anyway last night we went out for theatre and dinner.

As soon as the restaurant bill arrived, she grabbed it and started to sum up what she had taken, looked at me and said: sorry but I have little money..
and paid for her own bit - which in my country is considered really really bad as we usually divide by the number of people at the table, unless someone has had lobster and the other just boiled rice :D

My share was just 5€ more than hers, so if we had divided by two she would have paid just 2.50€ more, and still own me 1.50 to be precise.. But that's not the point. The point is: she perfectly remembers she owns me some money and behaves frantic and uneasy when it's time to pay, and I guess it's because she dreads me asking for this money back.
I think she should be thankful that I made her save 4€ with my cinema card and not pretended that I had invited her! (and yes, in chat I have reminded her more than once that she owned me the money so it's not that she has misunderstood)
So I asked Why isn't she giving me my money back? 23.1.2>41

From Hillary:
stripping away and going nowhere just now; not fixable; the natural, timely thing is for this to end.

From Rosada:
I am seeing how 23. Stripping Away could be read as a meditation on the whole nature of sacrifice. You could plug in the story of Christ offering himself as a sacrifice:

23.1 Slander and intrigue.
23.2 Danger draws close.
23.3 The garden in Gethsemane. He could leave and no blame but he asks God's will be done.
23.4 Capture.
23.5. The Last Supper? Or the Crucifiction?
23.6 The soul survives. Christ rises to heaven. Not so good for lesser men..

Is it saying that I should let these two "friends" go? that they're just people I don't deserve to be with?
23>41 in particular makes me think it's no good (41, diminishing) and is a sort of warning towards her.
Since I asked "Why isn't she giving me my money?" makes me think she's eroding by doing so the beginning of a possible friendship. Mining it from the basis (as I can't possibly trust her on any other matter at this point!)

It strikes to me 23.4 by Rosada that says: capture
Why is she working with the director? capture :)

This could be an answer to my question, saying that GIRL A is able to work with the director because she lets go of many things and has a 35 sort of energy?

I also asked regarding GIRL B How can I make her give me my money back? 16.5>45
By insisting I believe?

charly

visitor
Reaction score
I have received 23 twice in a week regarding two acquaintances and can't grasp the meaning although I feel they both have something in common: these two girls have behaved towards me in a way I don't like!...
Hi, Olga:

Here you have a literal translation of the received text for H.23 and 23.4 line:

H.23:

bo1
STRIPPING
Denuding

不利有攸往。
bu4 li4 you3 you1 wang3
not profitable to have far to go.
UNPROFITABLE (IF) HAVING TO GO FAR
Better, don't go too far.

剝床以膚 凶
bo1 chuang2 yi3 fu1 xiong1
Stripping bed by/according skin unfortunate
STRIPPIG THE BED BY SKIN: UNFORTUNATE.
Stripping the bed according with one´s sensitivity or feelings: Horrible!
Don't try to bring to light the inner base or reason of (another´s) arrangements.

Maybe, paraphrasing the Changes, the advice is:
Don't go after lost money or opportunities, it will come back for its own.

The ancient character for BO, stripping, depicted a sort of bag, dripping maybe blood, and a knife (1).

A sacrifice fron the point o view of the king or the priest, a hurting experience from the victim's point of view.

Don't put yourself in the role of victim.

Better try to assimilate the experiences with wisdom. Get the consequences and go forward with your own concerns. Don´t go too far with the offenses.

H.35 speaks of Kang Hou, the Peaceful Marquis, one of the many sons of Wen Wang, younger brother of Wu Wang, the Martial King and Zhou Gong, the Duke of Zhou. It requires some additional work but that´s another story.

Maybe it means that you will get another opportunity with the same director or that you will get a new opportunity with a better director. No sure.

All the best,

Charly

Last edited:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oh yes I am already doing something else and I am not really thinking of the director.
I was just wondering if Yi was answering to me about what brought that girl to work with the director in such a little time.
And it struck me that I got 23 for both of them.
23 is really difficult as it has this metaphor of a bed being corrupted..

I suppose it will become clear in the future :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I re-read it and this sentence looks clear now:

23.4 Don't try to bring to light the inner base or reason of (another´s) arrangements.

Sounds like: it's not your problem :D

WOW

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What does your wonderful book say about 23.1.2? I am curious
:flirt:

charly

visitor
Reaction score
What does your wonderful book say about 23.1.2? I am curious
:flirt:
Hi, Olga:

Here a complete almost literal translation of the received chinese text for H.23 lines:

剝床以足蔑貞凶
bo1 chuang2 yi3 zu2 mie4 zhen1 xiong1
Stripping bed because foot/enough nothing divination unlucky
STRIPPING (THE) BED BECAUSE NOTHING (IS) ENOUGH. OMEN: HORRIBLE!
Stripping the bed because we get no satisfaction. The worst!

剝床以辨蔑貞凶
bo1 chuang2 yi3 bian4 mie4 zhen1 xiong1
Stripping bed because discriminate nothing omen unlucky
STRIPPING (THE) BED BECAUSE NOTHING (IS) ENOUGH. OMEN: HORRIBLE!
Stripping the bed because we don´t discriminate between good and evil. Even worst!

剝之旡咎
bo1 zhi1 wu2 jiu4
Strippint it no wrong
STRIPPING IT. NO WRONG.
Stripping what we know. No wrong.
Nothing is wrong with exhibiting our bare reality.
Convenient. Even more, indispensable although maybe not sufficient.

剝床以膚凶
bo1 chuang2 yi3 fu1 xiong1
Stripping bed because skin unlucky
STRIPPING (THE) BED BECAUSE SKIN. HORRIBLE!
Stripping the bed because superficially hurt. Bah!
Don't be so susceptible to narcissistic wounds.

貫魚以宮人寵旡不利
liu4 wu3 guan4 yu2 yi3 gong1 ren2 chong3 wu2 bu4 li4
String fish because palace people favor not not profitable
IN RAW FISHES, LIKE ROYAL CONCUBINES TO BE FAVORED. NO UNPROFITABLE
Put the fishes in line, like concubines waiting for the King's love. Say, to have orderly sex. Productive.
Fishes are fertility symbols. Have the resourses ordered and available. Be ready for the ordeal.

碩果不食君子得輿小人剝廬
shuo4 guo3 bu4 shi2 jun1 zi3 de2 yu2 xiao3 ren2 bo1 lu2
Large fruit not eat noble young getting carriage little people stripping hut
RIPE FRUIT UNEATEN. NOBLE YOUNG GETS (A) CARRIAGE. LITTLE MAN STRIPS (THE) HUT.
The ripe fruit is a temptation. There are two ways for eating her: the way of the gentleman with his exhibition of wealth and the way of the common people putting all his resources in the gamble.
Throwing the house out of the window, pulling all the stops. To put all the meat to roast.

See that always is horrible to strip the bed. Having the bed dressed is to be ready to receive guests. This bed is a wooden device for sitting, resting, sleeping... and making love.

All the best,

Charly

charly

visitor
Reaction score
貫魚以宮人寵旡不利
liu4 wu3 guan4 yu2 yi3 gong1 ren2 chong3 wu2 bu4 li4
String fish because palace people favor not not profitable
IN RAW FISHES, LIKE ROYAL CONCUBINES TO BE FAVORED. NO UNPROFITABLE
Put the fishes in line, like concubines waiting for the King's love. Say, to have orderly sex. Productive.
Fishes are fertility symbols. Have the resourses ordered and available. Be ready for the ordeal.

Wilhelm / Baynes 23.5:

Six in the fifth place means:
A shoal of fishes. Favor comes through the court ladies.
Everything acts to further.

Here, in immediate proximity to the strong, light-giving principle at the top, the nature of the dark force undergoes a change. It no longer opposes the strong principle by means of intrigues but submits to its guidance. Indeed, as the head of the other weak lines, it leads all of these to the strong line, just as a princess leads her maids-in-waiting like a shoal of fishes to her husband and thus gains his favor. Inasmuch as the lower element thus voluntarily places itself under the higher, it attains happiness and the higher also receives its due. Therefore all goes well.

Wilhelm / Baynes

From Pauline Yu (page 20), available in Google Books:

Of course, not all the ten women were «favored» by the King at the same time. I believe that each waited her turn. An ordeal indeed. In comparison with which the three times during a daytime of Kang Hou was only a modest performance.

Ch.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks but I didn't get 23.5 or 23.6
Did you post them for a particular reason? You follow a particular method of divination?

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks but I didn't get 23.5 or 23.6
Did you post them for a particular reason? You follow a particular method of divination?
Hi, Olga:

Hexagrams use to have some unity of sense, then I find useful to read the judgement and all the lines looking for intertextual issues for better understanding of the moving lines.

About the method I use to begin trying the more literal translation possible, although, of course always looking for meanings in the context of the actual consult. Must be said that the same text can have different literal translations for different consults and that is good.

I also compare my approach with another translations and commentaries.

Yours,

Charly

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).