...life can be translucent

Menu

37 to 40. New perspective

B

butterfly spider

Hello to you all
I have had hex 63 returning yet again in my life - 8 times in the past week. Just when I thought it had returned in 64 all changing lines - line 6 was different - shock horror hexagram 37 all changing lines to 40. My question was what has changed what is going on and what am I to do - perhaps too many questions

My daughter has to fill out a PIP form (she is seriously mentally ill). I am trying to help her but she is wanting to say that I am interfering. She has told the authorities that I am a prostitute earning lots of money - and that I am living with some men. I had a letter from Concentrix (part of HMRC) saying that They have evidence I live with a partner. She has said that we can go on holiday with the money she will get from informing them. She has also informed them that her father has illegal immigrants at his house It is utter nonsense of course but is causing me great anxiety. There is me working as a supply teacher getting money to help her - spending hours with my legal friend on the form and getting this!!! My question was to ask as if I am in a minefield or battlefield - I have no money and actually no family. My daughters father is helpful but oh so complicated with his own partner and partners. My other daughter has issues too - my 15 year old son is super but almost feels as if he is satelliting round our totally dysfunctional family unit.

I am trying so hard here - I do feel as if I should be seeing something that I have missed. There are signs, dreams and synchronicities but I am not seeing them clearly

Hex 37 to 40. What does it say please

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
You are casting addictively and need to stop it. It is not helping you. OK, 37 is family and 40 is Release. Let go of what you cannot control. If your aim is good, you are good. Doesn't matter what you mentally ill daughter says. Protect your children that are sound. Some things cannot be helped. Others cannot. As a mother in a complicated situation, you know this, right? Stop worry and attend to issues as they come up. If you can't and shouldn't deal with it, let it go. Know your limitation (thanks, Clint Eastwood). Deal with what you can and let everything else pass under the bridge.

Last edited:
B

butterfly spider

Thank you - I do not cast addictively actually it's just that for each question hex 63 came up - and today just when I thought hexagram 64 all moving lines would then change to 63 I had a change with hex 37 all moving lines to 40

I was not going to post the thread but just needed a little insight into the answer. All the questions I asked the past 10 days related to issues several different issues although they have had the same thread within them - to do generally with how I deal or manoeuvre the family. It is hard - but O am not casting addictively. Usually I only cast once a month but since joining this site I have been doing so more often.

Thank you for your reply - I just feel a bit arrowed ATM

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
No offense intended, butterfly spider, but if I had cast "8 times in the past week", it would have been too many. Anyway, I hope I answered appropriately for your family problems: Save what you you can, and what you cannot, let go.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
8 times a week is too many?
Even if on different subjects?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
8 times a week is too many?
Even if on different subjects?

Yes, Olga. How much serious thought is being given to a query and casting when eight are being asked a week? For some, eight a day or eight an hour is not enough.

B

butterfly spider

Your replies have been very useful to me thank you. Before I joined this site I cast possibly 12 times a year - for really important things in my life - and the answers have always been thought of as showing me a general direction - not really specific. Constant casting on a problem or for banal issues - losing keys for example - is inappropriate IMO. When I first joined this site I really needed to have help - and although I had hex 63 I realised that by asking smaller specific questions I was getting greater insight. I noticed that other people cast for less- general problems. Hilary seems to foster the idea of casting again within the question. I have only been trying this out in the past few weeks - and have a casting book now and notes of dreams and synchronicities. Maybe I have misunderstood. - my castings spanned 10 days and were either hex 63 or were other hexagrams moving to 63. I had hex 64 all changing on Thursday. Last night I cast and started to get hex 64 with all moving lines -(which would have moved to hex 63... But it was hex 37 to 40
I was just a bit taken aback

You are right of course and I do need to let go or I will lose the plot completely. I have always used the I Ching with great respect - keeping my now very battered book and coins in my silk bag. I am now confused as to how to progress with I Ching now - I perhaps need to let it go for a while

I find answers when I dance - 5 rythmns is good. When I have cast in the past I sometimes danced the hexagram shape in my mind. It helps to follow thoughts through I think.
Xxxx

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I find it quite bizarre you are being told you are casting addictively given that there are so many who post way more questions than you do here.

Who is to say is too much ? It's down to you. I think it's natural to start casting more when you find this site.

I think one can cast too often for sure...That's okay in private but when there's an obsession going on and people keep on posting their casts then I don't think it helps to keep answering. Even while there is this site 90% of understanding will come when alone with the answer.

Anyway you haven't said what your question was or written the cast down. My reckoning...as I had to draw it to see what it was is the cast was 37.1.2.3.4.5.6>40. So every line changes so 40 comes through loud and clear. LET IT GO. Not knowing what the question was....maybe you wrote it I can't find it, makes it hard to apply but you have the sentence 'let go of the family'.

Maybe as has already been said you just need to recognise what you can and cannot impact upon and release it. If your daughter is at times effectively insane then what she says about you means nothing so there is no need to hold onto it in your head.

For such serious issues I'm aware this advice sounds horrifically blasé but that is all I have to offer right now.

BTW 63 can indicate that what is done is done....that the situation is as it is and you haven't a huge role in changing it to something else. I don't agree with you that 63 is an unpleasant hexagram to get at all, I think you have just associated it that way. In 63 things are already as they are there isn't scope to remake things one can only make adjustments. So that would equate to a degree of acceptance. Acceptance can be part of letting it go.

I'm not sure why your daughter doesn't get more care from health/social workers who could help her with her PIP form. Are they all doing enough for her and why should she still be living in your house. As an adult with severe mental health issues they should re house her if you are unable to live with her. I imagine you have explored all this, I'm just wondering since Yi seems to think a lot of this just ain't your problem.

B

butterfly spider

Addictive versus dwelling or over analysing

Thank you for this. I have a sense that the word addiction could be changed to over analysing going round and round and to a certain extent Pocossin is right. It is not helping me to dwell on my situation. I cannot change it - it is there - but I do need to let go of things I cannot change. Hex 63 as you say is saying this - it is not a 'bad' hexagram per se but it just feels as if I am helpless to some extent

I do need to let go yes - and my question was initially what can I change how can I move forward. The problems with my daughter and of my living arrangements were at the forefront. I am not homeless or destitute but in a very precarious position in every way. That was why I posted. 63 makes me feel hopeless whereas 37 to 40 spells out that I really do need to let go of the things I can't help with. Right now I am with my son who needs me and I have done everything I can possibly do to help my daughter. I have tried to write down guidelines and even given her a pen and paper. Her dad went to my house yesterday to take it. ... The rest is down to her. She has gone to see a 52 year old man she met on a bus ... She is 22. I cannot spend my life chasing her.

Of course social services know of her. Support is atrocious and the options open to her for housing - hostels and mixed rooms - are so dire that by letting her live in my house I am at least providing a safe refuge for her. It is easier for me to find somewhere near my son in Somerset. My house is falling apart - her father telephoned me today to say that she has dismantled my bed and put it outside as it was harbouring bad energy. ... Last month she put my clothes out for the rubbish. It is difficult letting go but I have really tried not to let such material things bother me anymore. I worry about the finances - which is why I have been so worried about PIP which is replacing her DLA in my area of Wales. My daughter says that She will fill out the form without help - not good

Letting go is really what I should do but it is oh so hard. I have not even started on my other daughter - that would take too much time. She is not mentally ill has an IQ that puts her in MENSas top 2percent but who is so very unhappy. The more I try to help her the worse it gets. Letting go Is so hard

Thank you - I am going to 5rythmns next week and will dance my dilemma and hex 63. I do feel as if I am on trial here - being tested. I do feel held too - like you do when you learn to ride a bike and your dad is there to stop you falling. So life is not all doom and gloom just a hit disconbubulated
Xxx

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Your daughter seems very angry to me.
Maybe you could ask What the cause of her anger is.

B

butterfly spider

Olga - despite the theory of overcasting I did cast for her but more to do with my approach to her anger rather than why she is angry. Her psychiatrist cannot work it out (not appropriate here to expand but there are perhaps reasons). My casting was 38 to 22. A thread that was relevant said that I am trying to make things beautiful when they are not. Trying to see that something will turn out nicely but it doesn't. The idea of trying so hard to mend and plaster springs to mind - but sometimes things can't be mended - at least in this time. I think that hex 63 seems to say this. My daughter is a lively beautiful kind girl that is mentally ill. I cannot change this and however much I want her to be better it will not happen. I need to let this go and concentrate on life as it is

All very well in theory ......
Yes my daughter is very angry and I am the one she is able to be angry with

Xx

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was suggesting it because I have been angry myself and usually there is a cause to that.
Then you can be angry towards others or towards yourself in so many ways that no one would even think you're angry, like sabotate your own life or killing yourself!

Maybe change therapist! Never give up! :)

Ok let it go and try not be upset by it, so you don't get ill yourself as you said. But as the book of change says, nothing stays forever, so who knows, things can change if you or she find the right path.

A big hug!:hug:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).