...life can be translucent

Menu

Difficult interactions 51.4.5 -> 3

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a friend who has recently become quite professionally successful and, in tandem, has become distant to the point of rudeness. I know I'm not the only one he's doing this to, but it's quite startling and unpleasant. I still can't quite believe it, and don't know how to deal with the personality change.

I asked, "What should I know about interacting with X?" and received 51.4.5 -> 3.

Honestly it's one of those uncanny spot on readings because I *do* feel shocked and caught off guard...just not in a good way. (I've often received 51 for good kinds of shock.) The fourth line is particularly resonant-- "If there is neither a resistance that might be vigorously combated, nor yet a yielding that permits of victory-if, instead, everything is tough and inert like mire-movement is crippled." The "friend" in question hasn't done anything terrible exactly; he's just not there, always wiggles out of hanging out, is remote and...different. And rude in a smiling way.

I'm a little bit heartened by the "nothing is lost" in the 5th line... But does that mean he'll come around again, or just that nothing is lost because nothing was there in the first place? The friendliness was always shallow, I just didn't know...? I think of the line about the horses running away, and coming back, if it is truly your horse (38.1), which actually was a line I received last time I asked about this same former (?) friend a few months ago when the behavior began...

Anyway, does anyone else have thoughts or gut feelings? Grateful for any response.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
51.4 Nothing you can do about it.
51.5 Don't let it get to you.

3. Lot of confusion - maybe his whole identity had been somehow anchored to his finances - that is, maybe he knew who he was back when he was a starving artist struggling for survival. Now he may not know how to be or how to relate in his new role of Mr. Success.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Updating this thread...this person never came back around, only got weirder and more distant. Heard from several other mutual former friends that his success has turned him paranoid and aggressive. He's been involved in a lawsuit around a business contract and dumped his longtime girlfriend. Continues to look very successful from the outside but is now a very strange and mean person, best avoided. Maybe drugs are involved? Or else this is what a lot of money and professional success suddenly does to some people. I would be shocked if we're ever friendly again.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).