...life can be translucent

Menu

indecent proposal maybe

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, what would be the message of 42.6 into 3 for asking YI about making an proposal (will it be accepted, is it beneficial for me) out of necessity because I am being cornered and this seems to be the way to have 2 people satisfied and me getting out of it what I can at the moment...
confusing thing is that abundance suggest income or acceptance but 6th line selfishness and an error that is to be punished :(
Time is of an essence here so please if you have any experience, share.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
The word 'indecent' throws people. Surely you are not seeking approval for an impropriety? Perhaps you mean 'unfavorable'? To me line 6 suggests that your proposal will not be accepted.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
I was alluding to a movie. :) Threats in shabby gloves, low opinions stated irritably, forcefulness, etc. are not indecent I suppose in this situation anymore...
I think I need to take care of myself the best situation presents itself. We are at this point here and this seems a doable idea. I would not be acting entirely fair, but as I said, I am being cornered.

Last edited:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Just asked electronically :( What if I wait (for other proposal)? 53.5,6 into 15
Looks like may be a long wait. Gotten 53 changing when first asking about how the situation will go, and remember it suggesting long time with favorable ending...long time it has been, allright.:(

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Receiving one so far that I feel like trying to work to my favour because I am in a position of the one getting the shorter end of the stick in any case.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Well, there you are, a European wilderness maiden. If you are getting the short end of the stick, then pick yourself up a bigger stick, and follow the advice of an American president: Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting point to notice - is the stick carrying or softly speaking giving the authority needed? I can speak softly till I am blue in the face, only shouting gets attention-guess the element of surprise kicks in.
This idea is enough embarrassing as it is, but even I have finally understood that this is gloves off time.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I can speak softly till I am blue in the face, only shouting gets attention-guess the element of surprise kicks in.

Oh no. If others know you can kick, they won't bit. I actually carry a stick -- a broom handle -- in the delivery van to defend myself against nipping dogs, canine or human. A relative with WWII experience in the Pacific advised me on how to use it as a bayonet. If you don't stand up for your rights, you don't have any.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
If you don't stand up for your rights, you don't have any.
exactly my words the other day, as i pointed out i have the right to try get the best price possible since i have no income and than no home. i received loosely packed threat and usual resentment in return. but i repeat myself.
I better try to contact your broom stick trainer.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
i have the right to try get the best price possible since i have no income and than no home.

You have the right to get a good price but not the best possible. Has the property been advertised? Is it listed with a real estate agent? Generally, the courts allow about three years for inherited property to be divided, so whatever the price, your time is limited.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, it has. The best possible under the circumstances and low economy is good at best, you see...but the way I have been treated and basically the situation is being laid out so that I am forced to accept the first offer that comes in, no matter the sum, because it has been a year and the other side needs money is not acceptable to me because it is simply not enough. And I wad told not to expect any favors or concessions no matter it may quicken the sale. Thus the question to YI.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Would some of the pressure on you be relieved if your sister were put in charge of selling the property?

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Nope, as I live there and my benefit is not in her interest.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Nope, as I live there and my benefit is not in her interest.

Your sister probably would not object to your benefit provided it does not come at her expense. She is entitled to her share. From her point of view, delaying the sale is to your advantage, so you will do nothing until you are compelled by a court, I suppose she thinks. From your point of view, your sister should be more sympathetic to your situation. Maybe she should, but the law of inheritance does not require it.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Devil is in the details. I do not wish to prolong, just to get enough to get what I need, which is not impossible. (People who know about this situation, mostly say that it would be wiser to wait till the market recovers or not sale at all since it is a promising property.) She is happier with much less and wants me to do as I am told or else.
This gives me the right to act the way I see fit, I think.I am not comfortable with public sharing of all the details, whatever I share, looks unfair and one sided.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
People who know about this situation, mostly say that it would be wiser to wait till the market recovers or not sale at all since it is a promising property.

My understanding is that your sister is trying to force you to sell while the real estate market is down. But how long will it take for the market to recover? Ten years? Twenty years? One way to avoid a forced sale would be for you and your sister to remain co-owners and rent the house. If you continued to live there, you would owe your sister half the rent.

A somewhat similar situation occurred in my family. The child who was the resident of the family home was able to delay the sale for several years and continued to live there. During the delay, the housing market collapsed, and when the house was sold, the heirs received only a fraction of what they would have received had the house been sold earlier. The anger from this will continue as long as they live.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Seems i am not getting across. What was in the brackets was just an illustration of the atmosphere-a contrast, if you will.
Just not want to be bullied into something against my better judgement as i see it is coming. Market comes lively in the spring and this situation is damaging for my health so no agreement other than sale is possible. I asked YI should i go act selfishly, that is all.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
No. You are getting across. I have been the executor of an estate and have some idea of what the law requires. Your sister may be wrong in forcing an early sale, but if you do not cooperate with her in some way, the court may compel you to it. That is my experience. I was congratulated by the local official in charge of inheritance matters on my resolution of an estate without hard feelings in the family. She told me that this seldom happens. Whether the market for real estate will become lively in the spring is questionable. In Europe it seems to depend on what the Germans are buying, and since the Euro is substantially down, they will be buying much less this year. Anyway, spring is near, and if your idea is correct, you need only two more months, not ten or twenty years. You aren't being selfish in seeking to obtain the best possible price. Your sister would benefit from a higher price.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am not comfortable with public sharing of all the details, whatever I share, looks unfair and one sided.

That's what happened with my thread about the dancer! I wanted to cancel it because it felt one sided and unfair to her. Thank you for giving me the words :)

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
I am doing nothing but cooperating-showing the place, contacts go through me, paying bills, asked for a financial help in an urgent matter only recently and it did not go smooth and without what i described above.
Stress is killing me and i cannot go over and over this. I have to do the offer.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).