...life can be translucent

Menu

now I am really unsure..I think there are TWO possible meanings. PLEASE HELP

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
..So my ex is trying to have me back and I am quite careful and wary .. (there were bad circumstances where both of us suffered from the break up and a time when he was not nice to me verbally or ignored me for a week ) ..

..so here we are again .. both thinking about getting back together again .. so I asked the I CHING (who else but the Ching who always gives great advice)

Question:

What are the long term chances with me and him ??

The I Ching answered 3.2.4 (Hexagram 3 with changing lines 2 and 4 )

LINE 2 sums the current situation up perfectly : .. I am hesitating .. not gotten back into the relationship again but waiting and observing

BUT does Line 2 mean that I am hesitating, waiting and observing now or does it mean I SHOULD hesitate,wait and oberseve now ??? ( I know line 2 can mean a new man comes which would be the reason to wait now)

well LINE 4 is clear .. I WILL be in a good relationship .. question is: with him or with a new man ??

I am a bit confused now !! I don't want to make a mistake

PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!

love,light and blessings to everyone..

Nykki

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Not great. Though you maybe fond of each other your goals in life have you headed in different directions.

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
...how do you read this rosada ? .. please help me understand

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
PLEASE everyone give me more interpretations so I can understand and won't make a bad decision .. please

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You are labouring under the false idea that, if only we give you the right advice, you will be saved from a bad decision. It isn't like that. Your life choices are not so fragile that a word from someone on the internet can change everything.

That false idea, that we know what you should do and you are dependent on us telling you somewhat reflects the false idea I'm getting from you that your life will completely fall apart without this relationship or some relationship.

You aren't in truth that dependent on anyone. Your life will unfold in it's own way. Even if you make choices that don't look so great in hindsight it is not a disaster.

You may not believe me but even if you don't believe me please try to take in the idea that this great and desperate dependence is not actually true.

No one really knows better than you whether you should take him back. It is totally your choice. Take your choice back. What do you think ? I'm sure you can trust yourself to make the right choice.

All this 'PLEASE' in capital letters as if we hold the truth for you is not true. No one knows the answer to this better than you do. We can share our ideas on the reading that is all.

3.2.4>58. You didn't give us the relating hexagram but it is 58

..So my ex is trying to have me back and I am quite careful and wary .. (there were bad circumstances where both of us suffered from the break up and a time when he was not nice to me verbally or ignored me for a week ) ..

This is the bit where you need to focus on YOUR CHOICE. I don't know how 'not nice' he was. Ignoring you sounds manipulative, uncaring. Will he do that again do you think ?

..so here we are again .. both thinking about getting back together again .. so I asked the I CHING (who else but the Ching who always gives great advice)

Question:

What are the long term chances with me and him ??

The I Ching answered 3.2.4 (Hexagram 3 with changing lines 2 and 4 )

To be honest I have no idea what your long term chances are with him. If we take the lines as a progression of events then 3.2 shows you grabbing onto someone that you can't make it with at this time through a lack of maturity in one or both of you.

3.4 might show a later development with someone else.

The 58 ? I have no idea.

I think you can make a choice without the I Ching by evaluating his past behaviour and it's impact on you and then deciding what is best for you.

Put yourself first, treat yourself well. If a close friend were you right now in your situation what would you tell her to do ?

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
yes you are right trojina .. I am very scared andre also scared to be alone .. its a childhood trauma that I should possibly work on !!

..but my point here was just that I did not understand the changing lines right .. so I asked what they mean in this context.. I am not so good in I chinf interpretations so I ask for help often

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand this reading either which is why I think a good exercise for you would be to write to someone else who has this exact same problem with the exact same circumstances.

I will call her Henrietta. So Henrietta tells you this

what would you write as advice to her ? Try it. try and do it here and see what comes up.

On a practical level you could try having him back and see how it goes and if it doesn't work finish it. Only the trouble with this is if you are already emotionally traumatised do you think you can handle going through it all again ? Perhaps you need someone more reliable and kind to make you happy ?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry nykkic, I miscalculated the changing lines in hex.3.2.4 as changing to 38, the hex about two sisters bonding only in small matters because they must ultimately marry different men and go off in different directions.

3.2.4 - 58 is more hopeful but Difficulty at The Beginning does warn that right now things are all in flux. Basically it's too soon to tell but line 2 sounds like a warning to be more discriminating in who you choose to pair up with. Line 4 encourages you to seek advice - from us? or perhaps from the suitor, come right out and ask him why he thinks things would be any different now than how they were between you before? After all, 58 is good for conversation!

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
...thank you rosada I am trying that... I am just not sure if all this makes sense to me cos I learned that line 2 in Hexagram 3 means that I spare myself for another man in the future... no??

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
The hexagram lines cannot always to be taken literally. Line 3.2 advises that the maiden is chaste and does not pledge herself for 10 years. What does this mean? Should you literally put off commitment for ten years? Or is it simply saying you should wait until things calm down a bit after your recent break-up and reuniting before you take any steps to further commitment? Brad (I think) mentioned awhile back that line 3.2 is referring to how in the old days a child might be promised to be a man's wife long before she is old enough to marry and thus line 2 could be referencing that sort of circumstances which might translate in your situation as meaning something similar. Like your friend is not a [cradle] robber and the renewed relationship is too young so it's okay for you to not pledge yourself just yet.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).