...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 20.3.6 > 39

dharmaflower

visitor
Reaction score
Hello All!

I am attending a 2 month fasting practice starting in mid-April. It is a purification practice that is part of the Buddhist lineage I am in. I have done shorter fasts without issues. The practice is for purification of karma and one never knows what will come up. The motivation is that by clearing up your own garbage, you also clean up the karma of all sentient beings...what I'm here for, so it's a necessary thing.

I asked the I Ching: "What effect will attempting the 25-Nyungne (the name of the practice) have on my life?"

I received 20.3.6 > 39.

Firstly, it seems to be telling me that there are Obstructions/Karma to be cleared (39) that are hindering my ability to perceive reality correctly, which leads to bad decisions...etc... This is exactly why one attempts the purification practice, so this makes perfect sense. Hexagram 20 is about Observing/Contemplation, again exactly what the practice is all about. The moving lines are what don't make so much sense to me.

I wasn't really asking an "if" or "should I or shouldn't I" question.
I am just curious if my motivations and timing are correct for a successful completion...etc...

The I Ching seems to be saying "yup"..., just interested in more insight more experienced readers have with the sequence and moving lines.

Thanks for any insights you feel inclined to offer!
dharmaflower

B

butterfly spider

Hello and good luck with the fasting.

My take on hex 20 line 3 is that your desire for unselfish outcomes will result in good. .. The decision to fast is about progress and advance. Line 6 is to me about contemplation and release if the ego

I could not have thought of a more positive reading

I had line 2 and 6 leading to hex 29 once (the abysmal). I think this is more to so with the scenario in which I asked. I think the obstruction hex 39 has a lot to do with using the period of fasting - however difficult to promote inner enlightenment

It is a highly relevant casting
Xx

dharmaflower

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much butterfly spider!
I think because it was so...um, straight-forward and what I had hoped for that I became concerned that I'd thrown my wishful-thinking into the reading.
And, thanks for you kind encouragement!
dharmaflower

M

mirian

dharmaflower,

Your reading shows different stages of your purification practice.

Line 3 is the turning point when, through the practice, your perception of life will become wider. Gradually leaving behind what is personal, only related to you, to gain a broader view of life.

Line 6 is the highest point that you can achieve with this practice. It is not about you any more. You stand away and above your ego to contemplate the world, life, others. Not to distance yourself, but to gain a better understanding and make a positive contribution.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I sure hope you'll return to this thread after the fast and let us know your real life experience!

I'm hearing the song

20. I can see clearly now - the rain is gone.
39. I can see all obstacles in my way.
All the dark clouds have disappeared -It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shiny day!

dharmaflower

visitor
Reaction score
rosada-that is so perfect, you have no idea! Sing it!
mirian-thank you, so much. That is exactly what my aim is: to know how to truly be of service.

Just a follow-up: The retreat was more helpful than I can really articulate, because the effects are still flowering. The rain has come without question. The practice itself was a breeze.

Thanks everyone for you input!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).