...life can be translucent

Menu

21.1.4 to 23 Will I find true love this year?

RosyRoos

visitor
Reaction score
hello everyone,

I have gone through many ups and downs when it comes to men showing an interest in me and then stop doing so. I've gone through false hopes and dreams, and end up never really getting anywhere. There is this one guy who I'm interested in, and who has shown some interest in the past, though currently it isn't very clear anymore where he stands. I might see him again this year, but I'm afraid to hope again, so I'll try not to expect anything.

I asked I Ching about his thoughts on whether I'll find true love this year, and I got:

21. Shih Ho / Biting Through

Line 1
His feet are fastened in the stocks,
So that his toes disappear.
No blame.

If a sentence is imposed the first time a man attempts to do wrong, the penalty is a mild one. Only the toes are put in the stocks. This prevents him from sinning further and thus he becomes free of blame. It is a warning to halt in time on the path of evil.

Line 4
Bites on dried gristly meat.
Receives metal arrows.
It furthers one to be mindful of difficulties
And to be persevering.
Good fortune.

There are great obstacles to be overcome, powerful opponents are to be punished. Though this is arduous, the effort succeeds. But it is necessary to be hard as metal and straight as an arrow to surmount the difficulties. If one knows these difficulties and remains persevering, he attains good fortune. The difficult task is achieved in the end.

23. Po / Splitting Apart

SPLITTING APART. IT does not further one
To go anywhere.

What are your thoughts on this? Thank you so much.

Rosy

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Somehow I think you're taking the wrong attitude towards romance, if you've gotten hex 21, which has to do with cutting to the bone and chewing until the teeth meet! It's all too serious and grisly!

Line one moving to me means that you are being held in one place for your own good.

Line four moving implies that good things are coming to you but they are not visible yet.

RosyRoos

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you grinnie, you're spot on. I have been taking things on this front way too seriously, sometimes obsessing over it, which is not a good sign. I'll try to take things easy and go with the flow.

RosyRoos

visitor
Reaction score
Well, it's been proving hard to kind of go with the flow as there always lingers a spark of hope that something of a relationship might ensue. For several weeks this guy hasn't shown any signs to me that he might still be interested, however he has started showing similar signs to another girl, who is around my age and pretty. This got me quite confused, and also sad. I just try to cope with it and not spend too much energy on it. But I had to ask I Ching about I Ching's thoughts on this guy's current feelings for me, and I got:

25.3.5 --> 30
(Innocence) --> (The Clinging Fire)

INNOCENCE. Supreme success.
Perseverance furthers.
If someone is not as he should be,
He has misfortune,
And it does not further him
To undertake anything.

Six in the third place means:

Undeserved misfortune.

The cow that was tethered by someone
Is the wanderer's gain, the citizen's loss.

Sometimes undeserved misfortune befalls a man at the hands of another, as for instance when someone passes by and takes a tethered cow along with him. His gain is the owner's loss. In all transactions, no matter how innocent, we must accommodate ourselves to the demands of the time, otherwise unexpected misfortune overtakes us.

Nine in the fifth place means:

Use no medicine in an illness
Incurred through no fault of your own.
It will pass of itself.

An unexpected evil may come accidentally from without. If it does not originate in one's own nature or have a foothold there, one should not resort to external means to eradicate it, but should quietly let nature take its course. Then improvement will come of itself.

---
THE CLINGING. Perseverance furthers.
It brings success.
Care of the cow brings good fortune.

grinnie and others, could you please help me interpret these hexagrams? What I'm getting is that I shouldn't worry about his feelings, and allow time to pass and allow things to sort themselves out, but it's so hard not be hurt by this. However, in the end, even if it may sound cheesy, if he's happy with someone else, I'll be happy too, which I might be thinking because I tend to feel worthless and not as deserving.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
When asked to give the feelings of another, Yi often doesn't do that. It then mirrors you back to yourself. It is saying you will feel anxious or "bad" but don't take any medicine for this because your feelings will pass.

RosyRoos

visitor
Reaction score
When asked to give the feelings of another, Yi often doesn't do that. It then mirrors you back to yourself. It is saying you will feel anxious or "bad" but don't take any medicine for this because your feelings will pass.

Yes I noticed that it mirrors it back to myself! :mischief: Thanks grinnie for your interpretation, it helps. :)

altair139

visitor
Reaction score
" 21.1.4 to 23"

This particular line is not good for anything, let alone romance. Line 4 clearly said that you have to acknowledge what is lacking (to be in a relationship) by yourself then good fortune will come. For now there's not much to hope.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).