...life can be translucent

Menu

going to my Mom's awarding day or to theatre group? 15>23, 55>22

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Halloooo people

On wed mornings I usually have these independent theatre meetings where we actors meet and do some training together. I have met many interesting people there and find these meetings useful and these people are really good - and nice - and interested in me - all so different from the shitty envious frustrated people I've met so far in the theatre!

So this morning I was supposed to go to this meeting. And I really wanted to since training was being done by an excellent actress.

Yet it happened that my Mom was given an award this very morning (not a really important award, it's not for something special she did.. it's an award everyone gets after they've worked for 40 years in the same company!).

Last night I was undecided.. well actually I wanted to go to the theatre meeting but my Mom wanted me to go to see her getting the award.
I thought: what if I had a standard job , a 9 to 5 job? I certainly couldn't have gone, and she certainly wouldn't have expected me to go. But being an unemployed person pursuing an acting career, I'm always perceived as "completely free". so people expect me to attend anything they organize.

So yesterday I thought I would cast, and see if some very bad warning was coming up.

I did two casts:
I'm going to the award: 15.3.6>23
That 23 scared me a bit, but I found the two lines very positive!

I am going to the theatre meeting: 55.4.6>22
55 and 22 look more positive yet 55.6 is noooo good

So in the end since 15>23 didn't look bad and my Mom really wanted me to go, I skipped my weekly training class. Did I do well according to you?

I will keep asking myself whether my Mom will always come before my job and commitments but I guess you're not able to answer that question..:rolleyes:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).