...life can be translucent

Menu

Different hex's for getting a film made

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I'm about start filming the second half of a short movie I'm producing. It's looking to be quite expensive and I'm wondering if the story I've written is heading in the right direction and this will be worth the cost - as I'm worried about getting the funding.

So I asked Yi:

Is my film heading in the right direction?

I got 33.1.4 > 37

I hate 33... I feel this to mean a big fat no? That I should retreat from the plan?

Then I asked what should I do to enable me to realistically afford the rest of the film?

I got 6.2 > 12

Oh dear feel this is even more negative :-(

As a last ditch I asked "Will I be able to shoot at all??"

I received 45.3.2 > 62

I take this to mean that if I don't make the effort to ask help from others I'll remain alienated?

Your insights would be much appreciated.

altair139

visitor
Reaction score
33.1.4 > 37
i think this line is quite obvious. You should not start filming at all. 1 means this whole thing is dangerous, maybe financially. line 4 even depicts that you have to withdraw or retire from something.
hex 37 depicts family. maybe you should ask them for help or advice in the future, especially financially, but now don't do anything.

yep big fat no again haha -_-

45.3.2 > 62
45 is gathering, this could be you trying to gather resources. There are sacrifices indicated in this hexagram, most probably the money you have to spend on filming.
line 2 tells further about a sacrifice to gain something
line 3 indicates that you've sacrificed but in the end it does not turn out well. But nobody can blame you for this.
Hex 62 means whatever u will get from the whole project is very small, not worth the effort. Or that in the future there will be a shortage of resources and you won't be able to continue filming.
"Like a bird, do not fly too high or attempt too much because this will lead to disaster." -- D.F. Hook

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your insight!! I shall think about what you said. :)

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
I've decided to update this thread.

Well, I went ahead and made the movie because it was too late in the game to drop out. Yes, financially we went 3 times beyond budget - there were HUGE obstacles etc. and after all the blood and sweat did I get the movie I wanted? Yes and no. Was it worth it so far? Yes, because I learned so much.

So result so far is that it's been SO much effort for something that's barely 10 mins. Lots of drama with editor, then I got severely ripped off by a van company; we had to re-film stuff due to being kicked off location... So the i-ching was right. BUT I am so so glad I did it. I'll let you all know how it does at festivals - since that will be the REAL result haha.

mesmer

visitor
Reaction score
Nice to hear you completed this project and thank you for your feedback. It's always interesting to compare divination results to the real events outcome..

I don't think though altair gave the correct interpretation here.

I'm considering only the first question.

33: will to retreat from a situation.
Moving lines 1,4: there are two possible choices.
Line 1: retiring impulsively and prematurely it's wrong. One follow must his previous objective (like you did).
Other choice, line 4: retiring here, if done wisely, is good.
So you gave preference to line 1 and moreover, line 1 and line 6 of an hexagram are like the entrance and the exit of a certain situation; in choosing line 1, you didn' t even enter in the situation of "retreat", but 33.1>13.
I would refer the perspective hexagram, 37, to all the people who work in the film.

Good luck

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Was it worth it so far? Yes, because I learned so much.

So the i-ching was right. BUT I am so so glad I did it

Yes I think we have to be careful not to use the i ching as a means to avoid obstacles and challenging opportunities - otherwise it will be a sitting life which I don't personally desire :rolleyes:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).