...life can be translucent

Menu

38.2.6. To 51 - starting my own company.

Innerchill

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First of all please forgive me for any mistake, english isn't my first language.

I used to have my masseur do my readings, but he's travelling and won't come back until september.
I also checked the archives to find similar readings but most of those are about relationships, which isn't my case.

See, i graduated from law school back in december but didn't find a job (mainly because of my lack of interest in working in a legal field). I've been thinking for some times about starting my career in real estate but i'm not sure if it's a safe move.
So my question was do i dare and start my company or do i look for a safe nice basic job until i'm back on my feet.

Any help will be kindly appreciated, thank you:bows:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Innerchill, and welcome to Clarity :). Congratulations on your law degree! (Even if you don't want to use it.)

From Hilary Barrett's translation (Hilary is an I Ching scholar and the owner of this website):

"Meeting a master in the lane - not a mistake.

"Opposed, alone.
Seeing pigs covered in muck,
The chariot loaded with devils.
At first drawing the bow,
Then relaxing the bow.
Not robbers at all, but matrimonial allies.
Going on meets the rain, and so there is good fortune."

In my opinion, the reading is suggesting that you work for someone else in real estate for a while, rather than immediately starting your own company.

I think 38.2 is a simple statement of that: you meet a "master" - an experienced professional or an established real estate company. You meet him "in the lane" - Hilary points out that "[t]he lane is...not part of your home. So a meeting here need not be about creating a long-term relationship..." Work somewhere for a while, learn the ropes, and then think about starting your own company.

38.6 might be about your reluctance to do so? If you have entrepreneurial tendencies, you may not relish the thought of working for other people. But the reading says, "Opposed, alone." Starting a company on your own right now doesn't seem promising.

A chariot in the I Ching, as you might expect, is a conveyance - a way to get from one place to another. And crucially, it is a way to assist you in that - riding in a chariot is much easier than walking. So working for someone is a way to get farther in a faster and easier manner than you would on your own. You "see" this chariot loaded with devils and robbers, but the reading is saying no, they're not that at all, they're allies and helpers. The promised "rain," I think, is the good results you can expect from this strategy.

(Where did I get all that helpful information about chariots? Partly it would come to you if you ask yourself such questions as "what is a chariot for?" and "what could be a chariot in my particular situation?" But for more and better insights on how terms like this are used in I Ching readings, you might consider Hilary's Words of Change glossary. I bought it long ago - it's not expensive - and I highly recommend it.)

altair139

visitor
Reaction score
do i dare and start my company or do i look for a safe nice basic job until i'm back on my feet.
the question is a bit hard to interpret, cuz it's a either/or question @_@.
But i guess you mainly asked about how will it go if you start your own company or whether you should start your company or not. The reading i believe is not auspicious to do so. Line 6 prevails here but it's really confusing. (because 38 comes out really frequently in love reading and line 6 is about reuniting), however I asked my chinese teacher he said you shouldn't start a company, yet. He said you might have a change of plan in the future too.

Innerchill

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Lisa and altair39.

Life is truly a strange thing. This morning i got out of the blue a call from a company who came accross my resume via one of my father's friend, i have pre-interview tests tomorrow. I just went with the flow and accepted the appointment. :)

Lisa, thanks for your detailled answer, it's really instructive. The 38.6 may be about relationships, actually. I did get into a cold period with my father, since he kinda disapproves of my initial project. I also did cut off some of my friendships because i found them really draining (oh the perks of being a nurturing soul). I'm checking the book page right now !

Thanks to you too altair139, i guess i'll just wait then.

I don't know why i misinterpreted this reading as positive, i may have focused on the 51 a tad too much. I have a lot to learn anyway, thank you again, will let you know how all of this evolve :)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck Innerchill! I hope it works out well :).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).