...life can be translucent

Menu

Ginger plants Hex 42>4

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goddessliss

I have moved house and so now I can hopefully get on with establishing my business. It's mainly to be medicinal herbs sold at the weekly produce market.
There are some ginger plants the landlord said I can dig up and as there are many I thought maybe I can sell the ginger root at the market but not all ginger plants are viable for eating.

What is the likelihood the ginger plants are for human consumption

Hex 42.1.2.5>4

Looks like an increase in my resources which I guess could mean adding to my produce.

- Liss

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I think you need more information (hexagram 4). Compare the images of culinary ginger and flowering ginger. There are gardening experts in you area who could identify your plants. I have white flowering ginger and have nibbled a bit with no ill effect. It might be that for herbal purposes flowering ginger is better than culinary ginger, but I do not know the gingers.

G

goddessliss

Thanks pocossin - yes I need to do more research just thought the shape of the hexagram may enlighten you as I know you like to work with that too. - Liss

G

goddessliss

Medicinal herbs mainly but a lot of culinary can also be used medicinally and vice versa.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Medicinal herbs mainly but a lot of culinary can also be used medicinally and vice versa.

Yes, dual purpose. For medicinal herbs, I recommend

http://www.naturalmedicinalherbs.net/

For example, this year I grew celtuce.

http://www.naturalmedicinalherbs.net/herbs/l/lactuca-sativa-angustana=celtuce.php

As soon as I began harvest, I noticed its high lactucarium content. To me this plant has a musky odor that I like. Just to walk in the garden means that I can smell it, and it seems to repel many garden insects. I have never had fewer bean beetles and plan to companion plant celtuce in the future.

B

butterfly spider

I love beetles and have always thought them happy contented beings. Never thought of them as harmful.
Perhaps I need a book on beetles
Never heard of this herb
X

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Oh to be a Beetle

I love my beetles,
My beetles love me,
They eat up my garden,
for the food it is free.

Beautiful shiny beasties --
Flea beetles
Cucumber beetles
Potato beetles
bean beetles --
And no food for me.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I miss pocossin
I guess he authored this beetle poem.

galatea11

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I miss Pocossin too. His interpretations are amongst my favorites - very strong correspondence with the reality I experience.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
He couldn't abide by the forum rules of etiquette (basic decency and tolerance) so he made the choice to leave. I enjoyed his readings too but I'm afraid that means very little if you can't control yourself.

charly

visitor
Reaction score
He couldn't abide by the forum rules of etiquette (basic decency and tolerance) so he made the choice to leave. I enjoyed his readings too but I'm afraid that means very little if you can't control yourself.
Hi, Topal:

Do you know what happened to Tom after leaving the forum? I didn't recognize him in his last posts.
I feared he was ill.

All the best,

Charly

deusa

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, he had a quite nice way of writing, even when he expressed political views with wich one may not agree...
I almost feared he had passed away...

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
We can't very well discuss Pocossin in his absence, anyway, so since the question of the ginger plants is resolved, I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).