...life can be translucent

Menu

Bashful question about the potential of a relationship: 6.1.5 > 38

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently met someone through dancing: he is an international teacher in the dance style who came over to hold a workshop. As he was hosted by a friend of mine I was invited over on the Sat night before the workshop with a small group of other people. As soon as I walked in and said hi there was some serious fireworks between us. A lovely, warm mutual attraction. I think I blushed.
Then the next day at the workshop he directed a lot of his teaching at me. It was friendly conversation and laughter. Easy and natural, but exciting.

Afterwards we went to a friends house so that the two of us (my friend and I) could have a private class with him one after another.

Then I said my goodbyes, and he said it was great to get to know me on the trip and we hugged goodbye.

We will see each other again in three months time at a bigger dance event in Brisbane. The dance style I do has events all over the world, and at the beginning of the year I went to a Californian event (where he is from) where he was also teaching.

I'm blushing as I type this, but I thought we have a lovely warm, mutual attraction and I have a serious crush. Yes, crazy, foolish crush! I'm not imagining the connection though, others commented on it.

I'm about to have my 35th birthday this week, and as regulars to Online Clarity will know my recent romantic history has not been without its trials. This was a silly question to ask the I ching but ...

Is there a romantic future between X and I? 6.1.5 > 38

Conflict can be overcome and so can opposition if there is cooperation, understanding and tolerance . But it could also end with a bang. There are of course big things to overcome if it is to be a "possibility": distance (he lives in LA, I live in Melbourne), work (he travels a lot). Unless the issues can be addressed there is a sharp, quick ending.

I've been thinking about moving for a long time, and since my trip to LA at the beginning of the year (I have a few friends that live there so I also caught up with them) I have seriously thought about moving to the US. I've lived in Tokyo, London, France and New Zealand... I've been an adventurer for most of my life. So I was thinking about the possibility of moving anyway.

But I'm getting a lot ahead of myself! And this man must have a lot of pretty women developing crushes on him. I don't want to be silly about this... and yet I do like him.

What do you think fellow Chingers? Thanks for your thoughts

But anyway.

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Don't push or force it.

Is the conflict within yourself by the way?

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
First line says don't push yourself to make a decision , but honestly can u see yourself moving just to maybe hopefully connect with a Man U met briefly?? It's not a very realistic plan.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
6.1 → 10.5 → 38
6.1 This was just a brief attraction, nothing more.
10.5 It would be dangerous to pursue it. Keep walking your own path.

38: The two elements, fire and water, never mingle but even when in contact
retain their own natures.
[Wilhelm]

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts and comments MeganJ and Ashteroid. I am brought back down to earth.

@MeganJ no I wouldn't move for someone I met briefly, it was more the encounter made me start to consider again plans of moving that I had been thinking about doing for some time. I have a number of friends in LA, I would get valuable experience work wise, the dance scene is larger...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).