...life can be translucent

Menu

Sticky situation with best friend's violent partner

barbaloot

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there, It's been a long time since I have posted here but I search the forums quite a bit to work out answers to my questions based on past posts and most of the time I find what i"m looking for, everyone here is so knowledgeable. I need some help with my current reading though. My best friend (A) is in an abusive relationship. I have been able to get along with her partner (B) somehow for the past two years, despite abuse being my pet hate. Then about a month ago, we were all at the pub and B started yelling at both of us and calling us names and he was standing over A with a crazy look in his eyes and I thought he was going to hit her. I yelled at him to leave her alone and to f off. So since then he hates me and recently, to make matters worse, I told a mutual friend of myself and A about an assault on A and they told A's parents, and her dad is a cop. I was too scared of him to say anything to anyone myself, and had resolved to a friend to A in all of this because she has very few, and for karma to get B which eventually it will. Plus he's seriously scarey, and I am a tiny woman with no physical fighting skills. Yesterday I got a verbally abusive email from B. He is very volatile and the sort of guy who breaks into houses, uses drugs, hits strangers at the pub and he is very violent. I told him to be careful who he says nasty things to in my response to him yesterday because he knows I have witnessed him be violent towards my friend and hit some guy at the pub who was completely minding his own business. So I could get him charged and possibly put in jail. So I don't know if he would actually do anything to harm me, but I am worried. I probably asked the i ching too many questions, probably because I am feeling very anxious about the situation but here goes.

What is the most efficient way to deal with this situation
8.6 > 20
I took this as meaning planning out what I'm going to do based on what might happen in steps

What is the best thing to do in this situation. I know that this is a similar question to the last, but it is slightly different wording.
26.2.5 > 37
I took this to mean wait, then act later if he does something. I was rather confused about how to interpret this one in particular so I asked about different courses, below.

What would happen if I went to the police straight away and revealed the stuff I'd witnessed so she would have an AVO and he would be charged with the assault against the stranger (and hopefully go to jail!)
28.5 > 32
Which I took to mean I'd go nutty with the stress of it, which I think I would!!

Waiting to only tell the police about stuff, but only if he did anything else bad to me
23 unchanging
Not fixable.

Doing nothing
3.5 > 24
Some difficulty initially but things slowly returning to normal

My final question was notifying police now that I felt threatened, in case I do need to call them if he broke in to my house or hit me. But not making a statement. I got
25.1.2 > 6
Sounds positive but I am worried about the 6 result. Unless 6 is just an aspect of the current situation.

Any thoughts on any of these i ching responses would be much appreciated. Peace and love.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
8.6 > 20 and both lines 26.2.5 > 37 speak about the root of the problem, nipping it in the bud.
Wilhelm:
8.6 If the beginning is not right, there is no hope of a right ending.

26.2 The axletrees are taken from the wagon.
26.5 The tusk of a gelded boar.

Don't prolong this dispute and all will be fine (25.1.2 → 6). And you probably shouldn't have interfered at all.
I think he will cool down if you just leave him be: he sent you an email but he didn't show up at your door, i take it as a good sign.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).