...life can be translucent

Menu

How will things progress with this relationship? Hexagram 56.5 to 33

pink_panther

visitor
Reaction score
I have recently been consulting the I-ching to gain better clarity on an on again, off again relationship. I have been broken up with my exboyfriend for a few months now but he has been giving me mixed signals that he may want to reconcile.

I asked two questions, the first being how will things progress in this situation if I do nothing to affect it and got :

56.5 changing to 33

The way I interpreted this was validation to continue holding my ground and things will pay off in the long run. But what throws me off is hexagram 33. Maybe its just the wording. Is the I-ching suggesting I to retreat until I am in a more stable position before I interact with him? Or does this mean he will retreat and give up trying to reconcile?

I also asked how he felt about me as of now and I got hexagram 2.4 changing to 47.

Which also gives me the impression of letting things unfold on its own and not try to manipulate the situation.

What worries me a bit is the hexagram 47. Does this mean he will eventually breakdown and apologize? Or will he just get bored and move on?

I'm curious to see what you all think of these readings. I have been using the following website for information on the hexagrams: http://www.jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/GBCh.htm

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out!

-Pink Panther

toblindfoldher

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Pink Panther!

I am new and not very learned about the Yi, but in my experience whenever I get a line that has "arrows" in it, it usually involves a message, a short email or instant message or text to be exact. It seems 33 is saying "if you retreat"... probably if you do nothing, he will contact you, maybe offer you something you like, and it will make you happy. But still this is the wanderer and he will not stick around!

That is how it usually is with complicated relationships, no? Ignore them and they come, give them attention and trust and they scramble off again. :rolleyes:

As for 2.4 - a tied-up sack - maybe he does not know himself how he feels? Although I am of the mind that it is quite tricky to ask about other people's feelings. Could be, you are quite 47 exhausted from guessing what's in the 2.4 bag? Maybe, with the way things are going, it would be better to look at actions instead of words (I take that from 47)... :)

Maybe it would be good to ask what is the best way for you to deal with the situation?

pink_panther

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply!

That is really interesting what you said about the "arrow" symbolism being a short message because he has been sending me short messages here and there but nothing really concrete. And you are absolutely right, he reaches out with short messages then disappears for weeks then pops back up. LOL!

He is an "a-type" personality and can be very rigid, so I think the "tied up like a sack part" is showing him being tight lipped about his emotions. I'm thinking of reaching out to him to test the waters but I'm afraid of what his response might be.

As far as the actions instead of words, his actions (even in the past) show that he really cares about me, and gets deeply upset when we fight, even though he will verbally say he doesn't care.

Thanks again for the feedback. Talking the situation out on here and analyzing the I-ching with others is giving me a great understanding of the situation.

So far I'm thinking I will reach out, I just have to be cautious.

Thank you again so much for the feedback. That was very helpful!

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Make full use of the potential perspective that the breakup has given you.

2.4 does not change to 47

pink_panther

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Bradford,

Yes there were other changing lines, but per the website: http://ichingonline.net/

Line 4 "prevails" so I disregarded the other lines. Should I not do this? Are all the moving lines relevant to the situation? I had read on another site that the lower the lines the sooner they would occur and that the upper lines represented events further in the future?

I am just starting with the I-Ching and have a lot to learn still. Thank you very much for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

-Pink Panther

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Bradford,

Yes there were other changing lines, but per the website: http://ichingonline.net/
Line 4 "prevails" so I disregarded the other lines. Should I not do this? Are all the moving lines relevant to the situation? I had read on another site that the lower the lines the sooner they would occur and that the upper lines represented events further in the future?
Pink Panther

It's not good advice to ignore the other lines. But multiple lines can be confusing and there are several ways to deal with them. Dealing with lower lines as sooner in time is one way. You can also change them one at a time, from the bottom up, and follow a trail to the same end. Until you are more adept at this I would study all of the lines for anything they might tell you.

pink_panther

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the feedback, I will most certainly do that from now on. :)

daithi

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Bradford,
...and apologies for jumping into Pink Panther's thread.
I have noted some of your previous advice about 'follow[ing] a trail' and I have used it successfully for some years.
Regarding the accumulation of the changing lines, I think I remember you writing that the trail should not extend to the last Fan Yao in the final Gua. I find myself conflicted about this as It sometimes seems pertinent and sometimes disturbing. Would you elaborate on this briefly?
thanks, Dhahi

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Bradford,
...and apologies for jumping into Pink Panther's thread.
I have noted some of your previous advice about 'follow[ing] a trail' and I have used it successfully for some years.
Regarding the accumulation of the changing lines, I think I remember you writing that the trail should not extend to the last Fan Yao in the final Gua. I find myself conflicted about this as It sometimes seems pertinent and sometimes disturbing. Would you elaborate on this briefly?
thanks, Dhahi

I think of the Zhi (resultant) Gua as the end of the line, or the direction you're heading at the end.
I think of the Fan Yao as part of what the authors were thinking about when they wrote the changing lines, so sometimes it will illuminate the meaning of the changing line, and other times it's just hella confusing. I don't ever regard the Fan Yao as a divinatory result, but sometimes it will seem relevant.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).