...life can be translucent

Menu

Will my body switch to prana eventually? 29.1.2.3.4.5.6 → 30

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Another mind-bending 6 lines reading for your delight and amusement :)

There were some fragments of information about living food-free in D. Cannon's books, but on 22 Jul, I read a whole chapter devoted to this subject.
She says there are 30,000 people living on prana now. It's possible and easy. And the spirits made it so that she met some real people very soon after that to reinforce the information obtained under hypnosis.

I believe that someday I will reach this level, I wanted it from childhood. I don't want to debate about the possibility of it here. Please just concentrate on the Yi aspect of it.

Original images were taken from yitoons
card_29-30.png

29 - 30.png

My notes from that day:
Locked up light (29, moon of moon, water/water) goes to full brightness - 30 sun of sun, double fire, double light.
Slowly fill up the abyss and release the light.
As Sun is a very powerful source of life and energy (and prana) I think it is a very auspicious reading.

Wilhelm, h30:
Human life on earth is conditioned and unfree, and when man recognizes this limitation and makes himself dependent upon the harmonious and beneficent forces of the cosmos, he achieves success.

Wilhelm, h29:
In man's world K'an represents the heart, the soul locked up within the body, the principle of light inclosed in the dark.

Through repetition of danger we grow accustomed to it. Water sets the example for the right conduct under such circumstances. It flows on and on, and merely fills up all the places through which it flows;
In danger all that counts is really carrying out all that has to be done--thoroughness - and going forward, in order not to perish through tarrying in the danger.

Going step by step, from ordinary food to light. Be consistent, fill the cells with light, every one last of them and then it will happen.

A story:
29.1 I was hasty at the beginning,
60.2 learned to go slow
3.3 found more information
63.4 the hardest part, preventing old ideas and habits (keeping to juice diet)
49.5 I think I'm almost there
55.6 don't quite get the warning. Be ready to share your gift? Don't become arrogant and let the pride take over?

All opinions/viewpoints are welcome.

Last edited:

Pearlescent

visitor
Reaction score
Ashteroid, may I ask what Prana is? And what it has to do with the sun as well? o_O

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Of course you may:

From Wikipedia:
Prana (प्राण, prāṇa) is the Sanskrit word for "life force" or vital principle.
In Hindu philosophy including yoga, Indian medicine, and martial arts, the term refers collectively to all cosmic energies, permeating the Universe on all levels. It is the sum total of all energy that is manifest and while prana is often referred to as the "life force" or "life energy", it also includes energies present in inanimate objects. Prana is the prime mover of all activity and is energy which creates, protects and destroys. In the literature, prana is sometimes described as originating from the Sun and connecting the elements of the Universe.

What I was asking about is will my body switch to pure energy for sustenance. The energy that is all around us. Or maybe just use a part of it - the Sun's light energy.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Will my body switch to prana eventually?
29.1.2.3.4.5.6 → 30

Only when death releases you from the netting of flesh.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
@pocossin, Ouch :) I suppose you concentrate more on h29, particularly 29.1?
Oh well, at least after death of the physical shell. That's for sure.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
It is quite the pickle you present to us Ash.

I won't debate this, (only because you asked) but I will point out that you offer us this:
1-you tell us what you are considering
2-you reserve the right to include info about a writer who says 30,0000 people are doing this.
3-you flatly and adamantly refuse to listen to counter evidence. (I will not state any, other than it is ample)
4-and you want help.

Given this, I don't know how to help you.
Other than to say, why rush it?
Or suggest to Ask the same question including the phrase:
(While I am alive)

Rooting for you.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
55.6?
Desolate for want of others,
Lonely. Having a loved one in your life changes this.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Moss Elk, I just ask for another point of view but in terms of what Yi says.
I meant not to go off-topic too much (i.e. questions like where will you get your minerals and b12 and stuff)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well 30 is all about what we depend on to live...light, sun light, makes plants grow, we eat them and we eat the animals who eat them. So in effect you already eat nothing but energy from the sun.

29 here ? well it's completely on the brink of change to 30.. 29/30 are complements/opposites. It looks very much like moving completely through rather scary confusion to clarity, on a mental level. But this could be taken on a physical level too of going from what is uncertain to what is clear.

I think 30 is very clear here 'caring for the cow'....well caring for the cow would include feeding her. You already eat sunlight in a form suited to your body. I see 29 as the wish not to eat which you discard when you come to clarity on the issue. Probably biased though.

Why wouldn't anyone not want to eat food anyway ? Plenty of time not to eat when you're dead

That's not a rhetorical question BTW. Why don't you want to eat food ? If you prefer not to say feel free to ignore. Well I guess I could find out on Dolores Canon's website...

There were some fragments of information about living food-free in D. Cannon's books, but on 22 Jul, I read a whole chapter devoted to this subject.
She says there are 30,000 people living on prana now. It's possible and easy. And the spirits made it so that she met some real people very soon after that to reinforce the information obtained under hypnosis.

That's what she says but how do you know it's true ? I will go check out her website.

One thing is for sure living on prana would sure save a lot of money, supermarket queues and a lot of dishwashing....but on the down side you couldn't ever take anyone out to dinner, have a birthday feast or a barbeque and Christmas would be a bit drab. Would the world be more or less joyful without the need to eat ? Dentists would go out of business....and all manufacturers of cookware....it's hard to imagine how it would be if no one needed food.

There are a number of lines about eating and drinking in Yi, in 5.5 for example not to mention 21 and 50

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
@pocossin, Ouch :) I suppose you concentrate more on h29, particularly 29.1?
Oh well, at least after death of the physical shell. That's for sure.

I concentrate on the King Wen Sequence and nothing else. For divination, I consider line text to be a whimsical appendage. Incidently, if you have not mastered the Sequence, you should not abandon the Yi. You are still a beginner who has yet to begin. The King Wing Sequence is the pons asinorum of the Yi Jing. I have noted that many fall from it into perdition, as their quest for individuality makes them fall from any Straight Way ( الطريق المستقيم).

By "D. Cannon" I suppose you mean Delores Cannon.

http://www.dolorescannon.com/about

Delores's trance ideas have been taken up by Jasmuheen. Here is what you should know about Jasmuheen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmuheen

There are no 30,000 living off prana. Do I think there is such a thing a prana (qi)? I've no doubt of it, but inspiration is not physical energy, which we as physical beings must have. No calories, no water -- then we quickly become close to dying as Jasmuheen did. Philosophy and religion may be the practice of death, but don't stop living before the natural end of life. I agree with Manu: Don't finish life until your life is almost finished. You are too young a man for such an ending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manu_(Hinduism)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the sadhus and holy men of India are said to eat barely anything at times http://www.adolphus.nl/sadhus/tapasv.html I don't doubt they can transform their physical functions so it's not like it's impossible. But even they, even the gurus and mystics, do eat something I believe, if only nuts and seeds.

Ash your avatar shows a very muscular stocky young man...it's a cartoon I think ? (my eyes can't focus too well on the image) Don't think he'd look like that living on prana. The Indian sadhus generally look emaciated.

From above linked article

Some sadhus maintain that it would even be possible to live on only water, and that is was done in the old days, or more incredibly still, to live only on air.
This rumour even reached Europe in the 14th century, in the Livre des Merveilles, that had it that there were people in India who 'lived on air' or the 'smell of flowers'

But they didn't have a grandma who got them running all over town to get the food shopping ;)

Talking of living off the smell of flowers I ate some flowers for the first time today. Nasturtiums ...they were quite nice.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
@Trojina
Your thoughts about eating sun light through plants-animals are true. So why not skip the plant matter for efficiency?
Christmas and dinner parties - I've accepted them already, and that doesn't bother me.
All the consequences of being free from food that you mentioned - aren't they great? Again you spoke the words I've heard many times before.
Why wouldn't I - because it gives freedom from money, from daily schedule, from needing a place/cookware to eat.
Avatar is from a computer game 'Star Control II', the Earth Station Commander.

But most of all, thank you for understanding my question, the advice about h29 and h30: mental clarity and confusion. Caring for the cow. Maybe it will be as you say.

@pocossin
King Wen sequence yes, it is the basis. I know that 29/30 are in sequence, forming not only a reverse(upside down) pair but also an opposite/inverse/mirror pair. That's why I posted this question. I wanted to know more how to interpret that.

I've heard about Jasmuheen yes.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
There are several well known people who sold the idea to others that they could live on air. They said they were doing it.

And then they get found on security cameras eating big macs.
Research the news stories. There are photographs.
They are charlatans. And when busted they keep denying.

Denial is a powerful and frightening thing.
I knew a woman who was 8.5 months pregnant.
Her abdomen looked like it held two watermelons.
It was obvious to EVERYONE who saw her, yet she told everyone around her, friends and family, that she was not.
The baby came and if someone asked if she was ever pregnant she would walk or run out of the room.
The child ended up having severe cognitive disabilities and behavior issues, possibly related to the lack of nutrition and prenatal care.

"So why not skip the plant matter for efficiency?"
Because your skin is not green with chlorophyll, which is a necessary mechanism for the energy conversion.

Life is a temple, not a prison.

Last edited:

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Looked at the Yi-globe, and it's interesting that both 29-30 and 6-35 pairs are just one step from the center of the globe where 63|64 reside.

29(nuclear 27) goes straight up to 30(nuclear 28) closer to heaven, but 5(nuclear 38) goes down under a degree to 35(n. 39) closer to earth.

I guess 29-30 shows good progression to heaven, or maybe calls for balance (27 lack, 28 excess).
While 5-35 says you shouldn't, this is a degradation. Hmm.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Auugh, Ashteroid! You know better than to ask the IC a yes or no question...! Okay, giving it a try:

Will my body switch to prana eventually? 29.1.2.3.4.5.6-30.

If you are sincere you have success in your heart and whatever you do succeeds.
Thus the superior man walks in lasting virtue and carries on the business of teaching.

Do you know in your heart that you are meant to live on prana alone? like, have you had some sort of spiritual awakening where you have actually experienced yourself as a light being? Are you in touch with that self? Then you will succeed. On the other hand, if you are taking up this challenge because you happen to think it sounds plausible and want to try to be someone who can live just on light, that is, if you don't know, if you haven't felt some sort of inner guidance in your heart for sure that this is what your body wants before hand, if living on prana alone is not meant for your body then you probably wont be successful.

The lines of The Abysmal suggest the IC is not in favor of such a regime:

In the abyss one falls into a pit. Misfortune.
Even before you get too far into it there is a warning.

The abyss is dangerous. One should strive to attain small things only.
The prana diet is dangerous. Maybe just try cutting down on food or only eating vegetables.

Forward and backward, abyss on abyss. In danger like this, pause at first and wait, otherwise you will fall in the abyss. Do not act in this way.
Probably not good to go back and forth between fasting and eating.

A jug of wine, a bowl of rice with its earthen vessels simply handed in through the window. There is certainly no blame in this.
The I Ching says there's nothing wrong in eating simple not over processed foods.

The abyss is not filled to overflowing, it is filled only to the rim. No blame.
Again, not going overboard. Perhaps being aware to not over eat.

Bound with cords and ropes, shut in between thorn-hedged prison walls, for three years one does not find the way. Misfortune.
A warning not to be bound up with any confining belief system?

Perseverance furthers. It brings success. Care of the cow brings good fortune.
As you persevere in trying to find the right balance you will be successful, but I don't think this necessarily means success with the prana only diet. "Care of the cow" sounds like taking good care of your body, so I think you will eventually find the right diet for you.

Over all, although we know the I Ching cannot answer yes or no questions, I interpret these lines to be saying you are learning to listen to your body telling you what it needs. Perhaps you will eventually be able to share your experiences and what you learned with others as "the superior man carries on the business of teaching". Meanwhile the lines say to me that you ought not over do this diet, that there is nothing wrong with eating simple, unprocessed food in small amounts.

I think it's interesting that you received hex.30, the hexagram made up of two fire balls. I see this as meaning you can attain your goal of living on prana without having to give up food.

I hope you'll update this thread from time to time to let us know your experiences!
I think fresh vegetables are infused with the light/the energy/the clarity of the moment so it is important that we eat mostly locally grown fresh vegetables as this is how we get the "information" we need for living here and now .
Rosada

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Rosada, your comments do make sense.
I am trying to find a balance. I felt an inner calling to do something with my eating habits, It was a very hot day and a thought came to me - why not live using the Sun's energy?
Why are you eating this soup and these sausages if you don't like them?
Aren't you tired of thinking what should I eat today?

That started me on my journey, eating raw fruits and vegetables.

And yes I realized too late that both questions are yes or no, silly me :)
It's just that they both had 6 lines and I thought that would make them interesting.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Why wouldn't I - because it gives freedom from money, from daily schedule, from needing a place/cookware to eat.

No it wouldn't? :confused:

I mean, people have pretty enormous control over how much fuss and expense their meals are, right? If you just want something simple, you could probably eat the same two or three things every single day for the rest of your life and be okay, if they were well-chosen. A bowl and a spoon would probably do.

Instead you're proposing this (at the very least) really complicated transformation. It just sounds, to me, like you're killing a fly with a sledgehammer.

[Edited] As for your reading - like most of us (probably), I have vanishingly little experience with six moving lines. But I'll propose the following: you're caught up in chasms with no firm place to stand (29) and you need some clarity (30). Maybe this idea has caught hold of you, and you're spiralling down into it, and you need some light and awareness to get you out. Some authors call hexagram 29 "Danger".

But as others have said, that interpretation does come from a place of bias.

S

sooo

27.1 is the only reference to living on air. Prana generally refers to breath. If used as the more generalized life force, all living things are fueled by continuous flow of prana. If used as breath only, it is a metaphor. I agree that for organic beings it is the constant stream of fire or burning fuel that sustains life. It's a beautiful picture, your reading, of our digestive, neurological and circulatory system.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The Yi actually writes about that at 27.3

Dismissing the appetites
Persistence has pitfalls
For ten years not to be functional
Is not a direction with merit

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The Yi actually writes about that at 27.3

I know people hate these questions...but then why didn't Yi give Ashteroid 27.3?

I'm trying to do better at accepting readings as they're given to me, and reminding myself that is the message I need to understand - so - how might that work here? What is the message Ashteroid's supposed to hear from 29.1.2.3.4.5.6 > 30, if the obvious one, 27.3 (thank you, Brad), isn't it?

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I know people hate these questions...but then why didn't Yi give Ashteroid 27.3?

There will be many who disagree with me here, but I don't see the Yi as having intention in that sense, which renders the question of why moot for me.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, skipping right over that controversy, would you be willing to share any ideas about 29 > 30 as it pertains to Ashteroid, or about 6-moving-line readings in general?

(I should probably read between the lines that if you had wanted to get into it, you would have - it's obviously fine if you don't want to comment any further.)

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, skipping right over that controversy, would you be willing to share any ideas about 29 > 30 as it pertains to Ashteroid, or about 6-moving-line readings in general?

In this case I would ignore the text of the lines entirely and meditate on the polarity of Kan reflected and Li reflected. I would also look hard at 29 as the subject of fitness (moving like water, adaptively, through a chasm) and 30 as the liberation of energy from fuel, which is quite pertinent to the question at hand. Li is both liberation and the dependence on fuel. Flame is actually sunlight being released from its photosynthetic entrapment in plant sugars, suggesting that we care for that cow that is the source of our energy. It also suggests that fuel IS prana in hiding.

Generally, I would take 6-line readings as suggestions to look hard at the dimension of opposite hexagrams. Although the seventh lines in hexagrams 1 & 2 are often said to be used when all lines change, there is no support for this suggestion in the Zhouyi text.

Last edited:

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I agree with Bradford about skipping the lines, I feel like the key point Yi is trying to make is in images of 29 and 30.
I like how you phrased it - 'look hard at the dimension of opposite hexagrams', the dimension, the polarity, the axis.

Moving adaptively, yes, step by step from dense water to the very hot and light air.

sidenote a:
There is also one line about not-eating, although for me it was saying 'slow down there, boy' - 36.1.
And I can not-eat and even drink for 72hours without major problems. But in the end it's just this little discomfort in the left side of the belly (36.4), the emptiness that says - not the time yet, please feed me :)

sidenote b:
After reading all of your responses (and in other thread too), guys, I came to a surprising conclusion:
not only you want to help me with the reading, but you also love me :hugs:, care for my well-being and try to somehow solve the problem. So it's not only the forum about Yi, it goes beyond that - people helping each other to improve their life. Thanks to all of you :blush:

So, you should know that I've asked other questions (e.g. how a particular kind of food will affect me/body?, Show me the state of energy balance, should i keep going, should i return to common food etc.). Of course I'm listening to my body as well, I'm a very sensitive person with acute physical senses, I feel if something is wrong - every tiny flash of pain .. pressure at the top of my head .. or a sense of foggy head.
I must say that my health has improved, after switching to fruits. I don't have any temporary pain or feel discomfort at all, but I used to 4 years ago. And the more I go in that direction, more of the time I feel free - I don't notice my body at all. It just does it thing, moves me around, talks, touches, grabs, handles things.
I've tried to taste some foods from the past - but all they give me is pain. They don't taste the same at all!
They taste like dead thing, or toooooo salty, or like some rubber, or something else.
And I immediately remember the taste of fresh fruit/juice, how much more flavorful and energizing it is.

Not only the taste is bland and somehow not complete, but the after-effect is not good. Fog in the head, or pressure or micro-pain.
Ok I think I should stop now :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This is really sweet

sidenote b:
After reading all of your responses (and in other thread too), guys, I came to a surprising conclusion:
not only you want to help me with the reading, but you also love me , care for my well-being and try to somehow solve the problem. So it's not only the forum about Yi, it goes beyond that - people helping each other to improve their life. Thanks to all of you

:hug:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
He gave us light and sugar.
Quick, somebody kiss him.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
All of a sudden an image of a jellyfish came up in my mind.
I remembered watching BBC documentary about unique Golden Jellyfish, living in an isolated lake on an island. They don't have chlorophyll, but use algae to convert sun light into consumable energy!
another example of 29-30.

Wiki [link]:
The golden jellyfish are most closely related to the spotted jellyfish (Mastigias papua) that inhabit the nearby lagoons.[6] They are similar to the spotted jellyfish in that they derive part of their nutrition from symbiotic algae (Zooxanthellae) that live in their tissues and part of their nutrition from captured zooplankton.[7]

However, the golden jellyfish are morphologically, physiologically, and behaviourally distinct from the spotted jellyfish. They are easily distinguished from the spotted jellyfish by the almost complete loss of spots on the exumbrella and the almost complete loss of their clubs, an appendage attached to the oral arms.[8]

If my memory serves me right, the scientist in the film said that Golden Jellyfish live completely on sunlight.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
It took a few days of staring at it but,
29~30 says to me:

That's a Dangerous (29) Idea/thought (30)

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Love

It took a few days of staring at it but,
29~30 says to me:

That's a Dangerous (29) Idea/thought (30)

Dearest Ashteroid have you only just discovered that people on this site love you???:hug:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).