...life can be translucent

Menu

30.2.5 > 1 Why did he take that approach instead of carrying out his promise?

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
A friend had promised to recommend me to assist his company with a big issue they have. This is something I mentioned in a previous thread. Instead of doing arranging for me to meet with his manager as promised, my friend took a tiny part of our conversation and presented that info to his manager as a total solution to their current issues. He was careful to mention that he received the idea from me (even though it was almost nothing like what I said to him), and his boss asked him to pass on his thanks but he doesn't need to meet with me now.

The outcome is that my friend has now gained a great deal of trust and recognition from his manager, regardless of the fact that they have both completely missed the point and as far as I can tell, they are now in an even worse position to solve the issue than they were before I offered to help. I am happy to just forget about the whole thing, but I feel there is a very important lesson in there for me - this is not the first time this kind of thing has happened but still I did not see it coming, he seemed so sincere.

Why did G take that approach instead of carrying out his promise to me?

30.2.5 > 1

All I can see from this reading is that it was the right thing for him to do, to use me like that for his own good fortune... which is kind of heartbreaking. I'm a bit divorced from my brain at this point so I'm hoping someone else can help me see it in a more useful light. I'm not trying to understand his thinking, it's got nothing to do with me. It feels very unjust, but the reading seems to suggest otherwise.

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
I've decided to take the approach that this was good for my friend and good for his organisation and the contribution I was trying to make, or him misleading me (intentionally or not), is simply not a consideration. At least I was able to inspire them to some kind of action, even if it seems a bit knee-jerk rather than informed, IMHO. So I am glad for them but I did not expect our friendship to be put at risk when I would have happily supported whatever plan he wanted to go forward with. It was a genuine offer of assistance.

Did a few follow-up readings, however they didn't help me to feel any less sad about things between my friend and I. I still can't see what type of change I need to make except to stop crying LOL

What's the lesson here?
42.4 > 25 Well, the outcome was definitely unexpected... and this does describe aspects of the situation I was trying to help them with.

Is this whole thing over and done with?
45.4 > 8
Same reading I got last week when I asked whether I would have a meeting with his manager. So I guess clarity on what this really means is yet to surface. At the time I read it as a "Yes" - like a fool. Now I suppose it means that the organisation or someone in it will experience good fortune.

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
OK. I finally found something that speaks to me about that first reading now that I've stopped crying...
30.5 Six in the fifth place means:
Tears in floods, sighing and lamenting.
Good fortune.
from the commentary
...if one is intent on retaining his clarity of mind, good fortune will come from this grief. For here we are dealing not with a passing mood, ...but with a real change of heart.

I am unsure whether now whether this reading is supposed to relate to G or not, but it has summed up my experience today. I wasn't' crying over ideas that I had of the situation because I couldn't think about it properly, just a real sense of hurt that kept arising and I couldn't find a proper answer/reason. Then it occurred to me to consider whether he has behaved this way previously. 14.2.4 > 22
Then I wondered if perhaps he was envious in some way. 4.6 > 7

These readings prompted all kinds of memories, in relation to how he always finds a way to guilt me into giving him money when I have virtually nothing to live on - how he lies to others about the nature of our friendship (he gives out the impression that I am his girlfriend) - this is how he has always been, I have been too tolerant because people aren't perfect.

Once I recognised this I felt a flood of relief and instead of being tired from all that emotion, I have loads of energy. This sense of freedom is good fortune to me and all the rest of the stuff about helping his work no longer has any emotion attached to it. I just don't care anymore.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I've received 45.4 multiple times while making a decision to sell my car.
I did sell and it was a right thing to do.

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much, Ashteroid. Maybe it means there are more developments to come in this situation? As of the night before these readings, G has become adamant that my ideas are unworkable and the organisation will never change anything, so I should forget about it. This is not entirely true because we had just witnessed how quickly they responded to a small part of my suggestions. Needless to say he won't be suggesting to his manager again that we meet to discuss their options. So it's either over and done with or the discussion will come about some other way. I know Yi is never wrong. I took the first 45.4 reading before my friend took his action.

They now only have 3 weeks before the project deadline and they still have not seen one scrap of evidence that any work has been done. They've gone to the board twice to ask for huge amounts of money for this project, and again all they have been able to agree with their IT dept is that it will be ready for intial testing on the new deadline date, which is too late, plus it's the exact same outcome they had before. Nothing was delivered on the previous deadline date, not even an apology. You know how IT works, Ashteroid, so I am guessing you can understand. Hundreds of man-hours have simply disappeared into a black hole.

In the past I have been able to turn situations like this around for some very large organisations, these guys are tiny in comparison and the level of unconscious incompetence in their situation is literally blinding. Plus they have a brand new CEO who has been cutting costs - entire departments have been sacked recently, but the IT dept are once again unlikely to be held accountable for this mess because they are pointing the finger at the contractor they hired, yet he is still working there after the CEO told them to get rid of him. The manager I wanted to meet with will be held accountable because he requested the money - I think they are beginning to understand that with all the running around they did last week. I guess they just have to go through the experience.

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
I'm going to say a double thanks to you, Ashteroid for chiming in with a simple fact. A piece of truth.

I am now completely back to my own centre and feel very confident that I have done exactly what I was supposed to in this situation. I think the readings are all so positive because eventually it will turn into a positive situation. The front page of the national newspaper today mentions that funds allocated to assist a disadvantaged section of the community are being siphoned off to unrelated projects. That is exactly what's happening with this organisation. My entire being is dedicated to unravelling these kinds of messes and restoring order/balance and bringing the truth to light. I never have to do it alone - if I am meant to be helping these people, there is no man on earth that can stop me from carrying out that duty - the will of heaven always prevails. If I am wrong I am blocked from having any insight into the situation in question and from taking any action. In this case, I have predicted every step they have taken for the last couple of years and now is the time for them to act in a new way. Numerous times in my life this has been the case and I am always opposed at the outset. Time will tell whether they need any more specific help from me.

Yeah, I did one more reading last night and I reviewed it this morning after writing that last post and going for a walk, then I saw the newspaper headline and just started laughing at the absurdity of it all. The truth always comes out.

10.6 > 58

So funny that the main aspect of my suggestions (the part that was left out) was precisely what this reading says. Retrace the steps - find out where the previous 250 man hours were spent and use that information to determine what they can expect in the next few weeks. Informed decision-making without needing to know anything about IT. This is my reading though, so it applies to me, yet I think Yi has done everything it can to show that by even thinking about this and offering my assistance it has helped in some way.

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
Just went to taoscopy site and the original reading would be (from that interpretation)

30 - Lucidity.
Patience will bring success
30.2 One has understood the needs
30.5 One realises that they have to leave someone close
1. Evolution
Changing to obtain quality work

Would have saved me some time and tears if I'd seen that earlier. At least now the lesson is quite strong given that I took the long way around.

T

taoscopy

45.4 designs a representative. When selling a car the advice is to post an ad, so yes it's an encouragement.

In your case it's difficult to say. 45.4 can design a lot of things, an email, an announcement, an example.

Hexagrams represent a situation so they are also designed by 45.4.

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
That is interesting - the most important document that is missing from their scenario is the Business Requirements document upon which the quote for the project should have been based. Actually, they have no documentation around this project whatsoever. At this stage they still have no idea what they might receive for all this money they are spending - if indeed they receive anything useful at all.

In relation to me personally, it wouldn't hurt to prepare some marketing material for the future, now that I have conducted an exhausting self-examination of my strengths and weaknesses ;)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).