...life can be translucent

Menu

Relationship Future and 38.4

Marle777

visitor
Reaction score
So the Yi and I have been having a lot of conversations lately about a good friend of mine and myself moving beyond being just friends. Yes, I know I shouldn't be casting so many hexagrams but divining is how I sort through things instead of trying to force communication with the person of interest on a delicate issue so early within the new development of things.

There have been some promising outcomes like 8 and 27 overall in two other castings but there are clearly some bumps in the road on the way. My friend and I share wonderful times together, we're kind of in different places figuratively and literally, although, the differences aren't particularly vast. I asked the scary question of whether this person will ever share a loving, monogamous relationship with me and got 38.4 changing to 41. Disheartening, and I'm not sure how to interpret that.

I asked how I could gain such a relationship with this person and got hexagram 2.1.2.4.6 changing to 38 which has me even more confused.

And when inquiring if said person will ever have a true romantic love for me I received 64.5 changing to 6

So I asked if I should just give up on my romantic feelings for this person I received 45 unchanging which I take to mean no..?

Some clarity on these would be very appreciated!

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Whether this person will ever share a loving, monogamous relationship with me?
38.4 Opposition → 41 Decrease

+

If said person will ever have a true romantic love for me?
64.5 Imbalance → 6 Conflict

Sorry I don't think so. Maybe just friends with benefits, but no real heart-to-heart connection.

How I could gain such a relationship with this person? 2.1.2.4.6 → 38 Opposition
38 again.
You should let it go, be passive (2) but your refusal will lead only to Opposition.

Should I just give up on my romantic feelings for this person? 45.0
Yes, repair to the shrine, sacrifice this involvement, and regroup your forces/ideas/energies, consolidate them and prepare for the following ascent (46), growth, maturity.

Marle777

visitor
Reaction score
That's interesting, and hank you for your input. It may be slightly worth noting that my original question posed to the Yi actually did not include the word 'ever', I just asked if we will share that kind of relationship. My mistake in semantics. Whether or not is matters is anybody's guess.

Do you think that these recent casting then nullify seemingly conflicting outcomes from previous castings such as:

Will he want to commit to a relationship: 21.1.4.5.6 changing to 8
What is the outcome for us with a prayerful/spiritual influence: 36.5.6 changing to 37
The best course of action to take to bring us together: 5.5 changing to 11
Which I subsequently ask, will my waiting (5) result in the relationship I would like with him: 58.2 changing to 17

We actually have a camping trip planned together, but now with these recent castings I feel like cancelling it - I ask if Yi what I should do and I seem to get a damned if I do and damned if I don't response?

What would happen between us should I cancel the trip? 10.3 changing to 1
What would happen between us should I go on the trip? 16.3 changing to 62

Apologies for all the questions but generally I can get what the Yi is trying to say (and my Tarot readings pretty much 100% agree with Yi with this one recent exception) but now it seems everything has suddenly turned on it's head and I'm just confused.

T

taoscopy

38.4 is not bad at all.

One asks for help with leaving their neighbourhood in order to overcome the difficulties.

http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/778987/

It can mean starting a monogamous life as you asked.

how I could gain such a relationship with this person and got hexagram 2.1.2.4.6 changing to 38

It's possibly because you didn't understand the previous answer or see below for the hex 21.

1 - By crossing the limits, one moves away.

2 - Instinctive success.

4 - One is misunderstood, and can only remain reserved.

6 - Others are surprised because one has acted without concertation.

64.5 changing to 6

Because of preparation, one has achieved a result, despite the uncertainties.
http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/878767/

45 unchanging
The responsibility of a group requires foresight, perseverance and availability.

21.1.4.5.6 changing to 8

1 - One sends a relative away to teach them.

4 - One wonders what is needed.

5 - One discusses to prepare an acceptable agreement.

6 - Someone does not listen.

8 - Distribution

Sharing a common vision. Hesitations can lead to regrets.
http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/988969/

You need to have a talk with him, the 2.1.2.4.6 carries a similar idea.

36.5.6 changing to 37
36 - Adversity
One isolates themself to correct the situation.

5 - One does not unveil themself to help others.

6 - One sees the other rising so they move quickly out of their reach.
In the making
37 - Relatives

One nurtures their relationships by maintaining contact.

The danger (line 6) is to hide your feelings (line 5), refrain from doing that, and maintain contact with him (37).

5.5 changing to 11: it means let it come to you naturally, you won't have much to do.
See it coming and have confidence.
http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/777898/

58.2: don't wait
-> Friends give up when one commits themself reluctantly.
http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/798778/

What would happen between us should I cancel the trip? 10.3 changing to 1
Troubles
-> One does not see what is ahead, so there is a risk of being rushed.
http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/776777/

What would happen between us should I go on the trip? 16.3 changing to 62
You can go
-> One can accept to join others.
http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/886788/

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
My thoughts are just my thoughts, if you don't agree - just ignore them.
I've also used Tarot in conjunction with Yi, and also have noted the similarity between answers.

I've got a negative feeling because of too many 38, and 2.4 - tied up sack, 2.6. And also 6 with 45.

But looking at the other readings,
I agree with taoscopy and your thoughts on 5.5, it will come naturally.
Be with him here and now, take what is on offer now. There is food and wine available, enjoy while waiting.

16.3 → 62 for going on a trip.
Yes go, just don't expect much of it. It will be ok.

If you wait,
58.2 be sincere and the followers will come. Looks good.

Overall the situation is not clear to me...

T

taoscopy

Yes, I have thought about this 2.1.2.4.6, I think that one person's anxiety reflects on the other feelings, that's why action needs to be taken to overcome this and inspire confidence because it can turn ugly if the uncertainties last too long.

Marle777

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Taoscopy for further elaboration on the matter. It's very enlightening and encouraging. I really think you're on to something with the anxieties influencing feelings - I believe it's a kind of a revolving door of that action on both of our parts. And needing to talk with him is certainly in order, I'm SO glad you clarified that because it reminded me that I had written a bit of something I wanted to say to him about the issue but decided not to conduct the conversation via the internet and have the conversation in person instead. I had forgotten that I previously asked Yi if discussing what I wrote would be beneficial and it had given me Hexagram 53 unchanging.

Overall though I am really trying to further understand this hexagram 38 because it has now come up a couple more times even though other hexagrams look promising.

I asked Yi how does he currently view me and received: 55.2.3.6 changing to 38

And because this person is someone who appreciates artistic expression, I wrote a song to share with him on the camping outing and asked Yi how he would view me after sharing this with him and received: 43.3.5.6 changing to 38

Since that seemed less than encouraging, I asked if it was romantically beneficial to share this song with him and ended up with: 53.5.6 changing to 15 -which looks much more promising!

(I also initially did my very first yarrow stalk casting by hand about the song and how it would affect the outcome for us and received 19.3.5 changing to 48)

Al in all I think just leaving anxiety in the dust, talking (and singing) to him would just be the right course to take. Intuition has been telling me to give the matter some time (a couple of months) and things will become clearer.

I of course asked Yi how the relationship might look after that time has elapsed while staying positive about it and have 30.1.3 changing to 35

How he will view me after this time has elapsed and: 3.2.5 changing to 19

And because 38 kept coming up I asked Yi how to avoid that hexagram and it replied with: 16.1.4 changing to 24 - which seems pretty self explanatory, if I'm reading it right - "Stop worrying about it, be HAPPY (but in a genuine way) and everything will turn around for the better."

I think I can safely walk away from Yi now, having asked it every question possible about the issue in every way possible! I've definitely been spinning my mental wheels about it for way too long but between insights offered from you here and Yi (and the Tarot), I do believe I can be at peace with it because really it looks like I HAVE to be or else! :rolleyes:

T

taoscopy

OK you're worrying too much.

I asked Yi how does he currently view me

asked Yi how he would view me after sharing this with him

How he will view me after this time has elapsed

Stop asking this kind of questions, the Yi won't tell you these things, at best will give you advices instead and at worse will mislead you. The Yi is scolding you but you don't realize.

I'll elaborate on 55.2.3.6:

55 - To manage
One prepares to meet requests. After a study, decisions will be applied and checked. Unreasonable requests will be ignored.

2 - Others ask for evidence because one has neglected to bring them, so one hurries to entrust the matter to the most ables.

3 - The weakest abstain because they don't want to bear anymore.

6 - One needs preparation to regain their means.
In the making
38 - Misunderstanding

One must revisit a misunderstanding if they want to dispel it. Where appropriate, one can seek advice. One may abandon the small differences.
http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/769786/

Line 2 is about you consulting the Yi to obtain more proofs, line 3 is not good at all, it means that you should only rely on his feedback and stop consulting, and line 6 says that you have lost your clarity (your means).

The classical text for the sixth line is explicit about it:
His house is in a state of abundance.
He screens off his family.
He peers through the gate
And no longer perceives anyone.
For three years he sees nothing.
Misfortune.

43.3.5.6 is another criticism from the Yi.

16.1.4 is a very bad sign, it shows that too much confidence can ruin everything. The Yi is not answering you but criticizing your questions.

Consulting the Yi about relationships is the most difficult thing ever. Because it's a matter of confidence, you and the other need to build confidence together and consulting the Yi about it can destroy this trust totally.

Basically what 3.2.5 tells you is that you want to know if you can trust him before you trust him.

So, relax, go to the camp, sing your song and let things happen naturally. If you really want to keep consulting then refrain from asking what he thinks, what he is doing, what he feels, how he will feel if you do this or that.

Instead you can ask what you can do to help him, if you have things to improve or actions to take, like inviting him or talking with him.

To clarify further it's okay to ask "Should I sing him this song?" but it's not okay to ask "How will he feel if I sing this song to him?"

The Yi preserves everyone intimacy so it's better to refrain from asking borderline questions because it can create more difficulties than you can imagine, not only put your relationship with him at risk, but also damage your trust in the Yi, and your trust in yourself.

There is a reason why many people stop consulting the Yi after encouraging results. It's because they've asked too much.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).