...life can be translucent

Menu

Good time to start? 43.1.5. - 32

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
I feel clearly that my current job does not satisfy me. Perhaps, the key lies in the fact that the atmosphere in the company I work for now is oppresive, and the first fiddles are being played by the persons hired with a bit of a wangle. The team did not accept them, but they are top managers patronized by the big boss. The inner structure is cracking.

The second thing is that I have to work partly for a colleague whose position supposed being very responsible and diligent. He is neither one thing, nor the other. My chief knows this, but nothing changes. I am tired of this situation.

I asked if I should start searching another job. I read the cast as I can succeed if I am self-reliant and resolute.

What do you think, friends?

Thanks.

E

Endless

Hi, I think that as in your previous post, Yi is giving you again an image of what you have just described !
Can you see it ?
E.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
No. Could you please give me a picture of this?

E

Endless

Ok, I'll try:
It seems like you know something about the unfair politics in your company but you're not in the position to state it and make it clear (43.1), while in the case of your colleague, you're being openly dissapointed as it is shown in the fact of your chief knowing the situation and not taking any measure to correct it (43.5). Hexagram 32 seems to indicate that, as you said, nothing changes despite of you knowing and eventually expressing your discrepancy-
Is it correct ?!

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much, Endless. Yes, the first part, 43.1 is precise, but I still do not understand 43.5 - the line tells about a resolute action: "Succumbing to neither despair nor overconfidence, one resolutely eliminates every trace of inferior perception and feeling associated with the matter at hand." (James De Korne) Yesterday I talked to my boss - she said that she saw that I had to work for that guy who was totally disorganized and she promised me to talk to him. If he is not able to cope with his tasks, he can be dismissed. So her resolute action is ahead? :)

If the cast describes the current situation, again, I do not see how it correlates with my question...

E

Endless

What it is asked not always corresponds with the answer Yi provides, and it is usually something that may help you understand the situation. This lets you focus on the essential (your work issue) instead of the superfluous (your idea of changing job).

T

taoscopy

The advice is clearly 32, don't leave. For the 43.1.5 it's difficult to interpret. Endless is right about the description, but there are also advices, low profile for the first line, don't show your preferences, and for the fifith line it means that you need to insist that the work is not done correctly, even if it is going to annoy your colleague and your chief. Have them resign instead of you.

43 - Revelation

The concern shall be clearly described, shouting results in danger. Explain the situation to one's entourage. Avoid any brutality and not divert.

1 - There is a risk of rupture by displaying one's preferences. One must keep a low profile.

5 - Others return because one didn't want to continue.
In the making
32 - Perseverance

One must be careful before committing themself, after they must continue.

http://taoscopy.com/en/consultation/977798/

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
In spite of the cast I wish to leave so much! I feel that I am fed up... Cannot share such "values".

My contradiction with that guy is an obvious conflict now what does not cancel the huge amount of work to do. I do not see light in my tunnel yet.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
You mean, I'll face the challenge soon or later?

I have just asked what I should do, in the situation I am sick of. The answer is 8 UC. Hmm...

Last edited:
T

taoscopy

Oh don't worry about it, I've removed this post because it was not useful.

8 UC is an encouragement to continue. "Sharing a common vision. Hesitations can lead to regrets.", you and the other guy share the same work, so 8 is appropriate. The complementary of 8 is 14, which can represent a monopoly.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
So in the situation of my inner protest I am being advised to continue.

I would consider 8 as an advice to seek union with those who share my views and to act fast joining them.

I completely realized that I must unite myself first since I am exhausted. And yes, just to work being detached emotionally. But I want to run from there :)

T

taoscopy

I've got 8 UC once while watching a duel cinematic, "hesitations lead to regrets".

T

taoscopy

Ok, so you withdraw from the duel. I think that the Yi wanted to show you how to deal with this challenging situation. It's not wrong to resign as long as you can afford it but you'll have to face it again and again until you succeed at overcoming it.

And even after that but you will hardly pay attention. The first hexagram I have studied with the Yi was 5 and I really enjoyed this stuff about eating, drinking and being cheerful while you wait. Now I can be impatient like everyone else but I can wait for hours when I'm sufficiently focused.

Your goal here is to master 43.5, it's much more difficult than waiting, but you'll get a better life when you succeed.

E

Endless

Now I see what 43.5 was about! You decide to withdraw. Maybe it isn't the best choice but it is YOUR choice! It makes sense!

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
For me it is not a withdrawal, but a breakthrough.

I have been afraid of losing this job for so long... Now I am not. As one of my colleagues said about the company, "This place is sure not the best place on the Earth."

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
43.1 Asks you to be cautious and warns against too drastic action, like quitting this job without prospective offers from other places.

43.5 Encourages to deal with the situation, and also advises to go the middle way.

Stay put but start searching for a new place of work.
About h8, I think you are right: gather all the pieces of yourself, restore the energy reserves.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
To Taoscopy:

I have been contemplating this a lot. Once I decided to stay until I am fired - in this case I would consider my mission to be over here. To stay here, no matter what is going on around me.
Yesterday there was a very severe talk with my chief who emphatically suggested I should share responsibility with that careless guy and another colleague she patronizes. I understood that nothing would change.
Just to be clear I should add that my chief and the big boss, the head of the company, are the same person.
I am her assistant, who has to deal with tasks having nothing in common with my responsibilities just because our old team is thinning out fast. Nobody wants to work under the leadership of her friends who behave like hosts demonstrating their impunity.

I have been very tolerant and speechless. My yesterday's decision shocked her.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
My story seems to have been set to continue.

My resignation letter was signed on the day I applied it, almost 2 weeks ago. Today I talked to my boss who emphatically insisted on my staying on until the new year. I was shocked since I had already dotted the i-s and crossed the t-s there. I said nothing but decided not to surrender. She told that she had some difficulties with her work because of plenty of managing newcomers. Besides that we are expecting several very important meetings with the shareholders, and she will need my assistance. (Those were the words said in humiliation, and her face was drawn.)

I am not going to change my decision.

(When I asked about my future under her leadership, I got 55.4.6 :) )

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Endless, it's interesting that I got 44.6 as a response to my question about the true reason of her request.

As if she realizes that everything is coming to end but...

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
About future 55.4.6, 55.4 → 36.6 → 22.
Darker and darker it will become. Eventually leading to the need of simplicity, whiteness, light.

True reason of her request 44.6 → 28
She's afraid of losing her grip(44) on you.
She's the powerful woman here. But her charms have lost their power over you.
Time of movement from the old structure (28) has come.

Nice readings :)

T

taoscopy

Hey Juliah, 44.6 means that she is not ready to let you leave, she is probably looking for a replacement right now and will let you go when she's found one. I don't think that she wants you to stay.

44 - Invitation

One must not abuse hospitality.

6 - One asks their relatives to wait because they are not ready.
In the making
28 - Abandonment

One goes on their own if necessary. Stick to the essential.

(When I asked about my future under her leadership, I got 55.4.6 )

>55: manage it's self-explanatory

line 4: she will be called by candidates

line 6: you have stuff to do in order to find a new job, the classical comments say that you won't find anything for 3 years. :(

His house is in a state of abundance.
He screens off his family.
He peers through the gate
And no longer perceives anyone.
For three years he sees nothing.
Misfortune.

Wilhelm comments:

This describes a man who because of his arrogance and obstinacy attains the opposite of what he strives for. He seeks abundance and splendor for his dwelling. He wishes at all odds to be master in his house, which so alienates his family that in the end he finds himself completely isolated.

22: don't move too fast

55 - To manage

One prepares to meet requests. After a study, decisions will be applied and checked. Unreasonable requests will be ignored.

4 - One is called to continue the checks.

6 - One needs preparation to regain their means.
In the making
22 - To reserve

One shall not move too hastilly.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Taoscopy, I am sure that all that she wants is to put a good face on her game with the shareholders, and nothing more.

Would she be interested in cooperation with me, she would have spoken friendly, not through clenched teeth, and would have offered me to stay not only for the period, but generally, to stay in the company working with her. That talk was a pure provocation (44, Temptation).

This person has brought total discredit on herself, unfortunately.

At the moment they are looking for candidates for my position, indeed.

T

taoscopy

Maybe 55 line 6 is for her and line 4 for you, sorry if I misinterpreted. A funny interpretation of 55.4.6 is that you will continue to do the paychecks :D

ETA: I'm very new to interpreting for others and when I interpret for myself I always take the negative lines for me first. I need to be careful about that before someone finds my interpretations offensive.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
I would interpret 55.4.6 as hitting my ceiling with her. I do not mean heights of my professional and career growth here. I just mean my ceiling with this specific person, our ability to work with each other, to go further together. We have passed the zenith.

E

Endless

I think it is our dignity what it is the most valuable thing we carry in our lives. I wouldn't expect her to change her mind by bending myself to her commandments once I realized her narrowmindness. But something you should be aware of is that you may come across with some hardness to get an appropriate job due to your profesional requirements. Have you thought about that ?
Endless

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, I have. I do not know whether I will find the appropriate job soon or later, but I know for sure that I want to work with a chief whose first interest is in sustainable development of the company and the people who work there providing the company's everydyay functioning and hinder it from drowning.

A team player, in other words.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).