...life can be translucent

Menu

What will come of the possibilities for this job? 3.6 -> 42

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
I asked about the possibilities involved with a freelancing position I'm applying for via a referral from a friend. I made a small but vexing grammatical mistake in the (casual) email I sent to the person involved and am now all anxious about it.

I asked, "What will come of the possibilities for this job?" and received 3.6 -> 42.

Does anyone have personal experiences they're up for sharing with this reading or line 6? Especially about the magnitude of the "tears of blood" involved in line 6? Is Yi basically telling me, get over it and stop being so bothered by small problems and self-doubt? I definitely suffer from so-called "impostor syndrome" in some areas, and this organization (which is very prestigious) brings it out in me more.

I'm grateful for any insights. Thanks!

T

taoscopy

I didn't check 3.6 with the Yi yet but I got inspired by this famous Star Trek story, the test of the Koyabashi Maru

Basically it's a no-win scenario (hence the tears of blood) but Kirk succeeds at overcoming it by cheating.

Anyways it's matching line is 42.6: When someone asks others to accept without preparation, they become a target.

I see what you mean by "impostor syndrome", you don't feel up to the task. That's what you need to change by taking great actions, like Kirk did. So, you need to do something that will turn the tables in your favor.

So, you could ask the Yi what you should do.

G

goddessliss

Hi mulberry, Yes I just think it's a reflection of how you're feeling about your email.

Maybe you could ask - What is the potential for me from my freelance 'application'

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
.6 Wilhelm:The difficulties at the beginning are too great for some persons. They get stuck and never find their way out; they fold their hands and give up the struggle. Such resignation is the saddest of all things.

42.0, Crowley:
Increase; now's no time to sit and shiver;
but to move on, even to cross the river.

Have faith in yourself, it's just a simple mistype. h42 promises gain, work. Both outer world lines (3 and 4) are active.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you! I was asked to come in for a meeting-- the typo in the email was completely overlooked. The meeting went well, and I was hired on a short term project basis.

Also-- it's clear that with 3.6 Yi was talking not only about my own nerves, but even more specifically about the mental state of the person I met with. I was surprised to discover that despite their achievements, this person is disorganized and struggling with feeling totally overwhelmed by responsibilities. It was a strikingly 3.6 attitude-- low self-esteem rooted in deep psychological patterns, on the verge of giving up, in despair over unfinished projects, etc. (It was a very candid meeting.) Anyway, it was an interesting experience and 3.6 was an uncanny description of multiple aspects of it. A "wow" Yi moment, right down to the 42 (we are both benefiting/increasing from me being hired). Thanks everyone!

T

taoscopy

I'll come back to you once I have studied this line with the Yi, it looks like the "taking great action" part is unnecessary after all :D

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Well, taoscopy, I'm not sure about that! I was hired not along to assist with completing the project, but also to act as a "whip" for the people involved to keep them on track towards its completion. And to act as a kind of one-person pep squad. So I do think there's a strong "taking great action" component!

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
It really is uncanny how much 3.6 describes the situation-- especially "such resignation is the saddest of all things"-- that resignation/self-doubt is clear in my boss-to-be. There's no real reason for it either as this person is extremely talented and has achieved a lot already. It's coming from self-esteem issues and exhaustion.

T

taoscopy

I've just done 3.6 with the Yi, the comment is now:

->One commits themself alone because others are waiting for proofs before supporting the improvements. Instead of hesitating, one should change their neighborhood to overcome the difficulties.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).