...life can be translucent

Menu

Life transition advice

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
I have tried interpretations myself - but with all the change I'm going through - clarity is difficult.
So any help would be most appreciated. :bows:

I don't want to cause myself suffering my being passive - when I should be actively looking for a new house and job.

Equally - I don't want to rush into committing myself to the above over-quickly, when perhaps the universe has dismantled the structure I have lived in in order to allow me freedom to explore.

Should I stay, find a new house and job?
42.4.5.6-51 Increase - shock

Over background of shock.. sudden changes, no solid ground - increase moves - 4 & 5 seem positive 6 a warning not to lose balance, to keep my heart full and emotions steady.

Should I use this transition as an opportunity to travel?
28.2.4.5.6-52 great exceeding - stillness

Over a background of stillness..a couple of years without movement - excessive pressure exerts it's force.
I don't know what it's telling me.

What do I need most right now at this point in my life?
19 Nearing
Spring, nature, new life?

What next step should I take?
8.4.6-12 seeking union - blocked

Over a background of being blocked from union..I am trying to find union.
I need to walk my talk and become more visible.

Thank-you for any help you can give.

E

Endless

Hi Lodestar!

Over background of shock.. sudden changes, no solid ground - increase moves - 4 & 5 seem positive 6 a warning not to lose balance, to keep my heart full and emotions steady.

Too many questions lead to paralysis, hard to translate it as an answer.

Over a background of stillness..a couple of years without movement - excessive pressure exerts it's force.
I don't know what it's telling me.

Since this is a time of transition, mindstillness is required in order to fully understand what the time requires.

19 Nearing

Approach to other people !!

Over a background of being blocked from union..I am trying to find union.
I need to walk my talk and become more visible.

Trying to get assistance form Yi at this time seems to be of no help. Try again later.

Endless

T

taoscopy

Your readings look like mine, I keep telling the Yi that my brain melts when I get more than 2 changing lines but I often get 3-5.

The first one is not too complicated:

42 is about seeking improvements

Line 4: you need to change job and house
Line 5: there is no reason to hesitate
Line 6: it's about lack of preparation, I don't know if your actual house lacks preparation or if you do so I'll refrain from commenting further

outcome is 51, a problem is coming (either to you or you are going to create one), you can ask this follow-up question to the Yi: what problem is coming?

42 - To progress

Looking for what can be improved.

4 - When one needs something else they can admit it.

5 - When one is competent they don't show hesitations.

6 - When someone asks others to accept without having prepared anything, they become a target.
In the making
51 - Shock

Something is coming which enables the identification of a problem.

That's the kind of cast that you can study during a dozen years and never see the end of it.

Anyways, lets try:

Abandonment, leaving your place. You will need to keep only the essential.

Line 2: you can ask the follow-up question: "Who/what are the weakest?"

Line 4: sounds like if you go away from your actual location you will find support but you will need to recover (collect new belongings)

Line 5: You can ask three follow-up questions: What is innovation? What is immediate benefit? What is the future that I am compromising?

52 illustrates that you need to stop to feed yourself (collect money). My take is that you can go away (28) and stop elsewhere (52)

28 - Abandonment

One goes on their own if necessary. Stick to the essential.

2 - When one runs into difficulties, they welcome the weakest to preserve their future.

4 - One is supported by others but needs to recover.

5 - Abandoning youth, innovation, to favor seniority, immediate benefit: it is jeopardizing one's future.

6 - One wants to continue alone because of the weakness of their neighborhood.
In the making
52 - Stop

One recognizes that it is time to stop because they need to be fed.

19 Nearing
19 - To accompany

One calls the youngest so they come back.

My interpretation here is that you need innovation, 19 can be interpreted as trying new things.

Sharing, I think it is about your actual location/job.

4: finding recognition
6: it did not happen, you didn't get recognition so you may as well leave

12: The best solution is to leave.

8 - Sharing

Sharing a common vision. Hesitations can lead to regrets.

4 - When one has established a relationship of trust, it is in their interest to make it known.

6 - If the beginning has been missed, what will be done in the end?
In the making
12 - Disorganization

Problems prevent the progress. The best solution would be to leave.

You can ask the follow-up questions if you want to enjoy a conversation with the Yi, but it's already clear enough in my opinion.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
outcome is 51, a problem is coming (either to you or you are going to create one), you can ask this follow-up question to the Yi: what problem is coming?

No it isn't. The relating hexagram is not the 'outcome' nor does 51 mean a problem is coming. Taoscopy as you joined CC have you considered doing Hilary's foundation course ? I think you would find it helpful.

I'm sorry I don't have time to answer the readings here, but I don't think 51 should be taken as you have suggested. There is no need to ask 'what problem is coming' because it would be incorrect to suppose there was a problem coming on the basis of 51 as relating hexagram. 51 is the backdrop, so the question may arise during a period of upheaval. If I get time later I will try to give my take on the reading.

T

taoscopy

Thanks for the concern but the Yi knows better than Hilary. I take my comments directly from the Yi.

Also, for your personal education, expressing your doubts is not recommended by the Yi (52.5), I give you Richard Wilhelm's version:

Keeping his jaws still.
The words have order.
Remorse disappears.

And he comments:

However, if a man is reserved in speech, his words take ever more definite form, and every occasion for regret vanishes.

E

Endless

I think it is better to let Trojina express herself on the matter, Taoscopy.

T

taoscopy

I think it is better to let Trojina express herself on the matter, Taoscopy.

Trojina says that 51 does not mean that a problem is coming. I'm telling her and you that I got that sentence from the Yi. Now if you doubt my word you go directly to line 52.5.

I can discuss further about it if you want but I suggest that you open a different thread because that would not be considerate of Lodestar who has asked serious questions that deserve a thorough examination.

E

Endless

Has anybody said those weren't serious questions ? Sorry, I don't get your intentions in giving advice to anyone except the querent in a concrete thread.

T

taoscopy

For the 42.6: - When someone asks others to accept without having prepared anything, they become a target.

You can ask three follow-up questions:

Accept what?
Prepared what?
Target for what?

And the 28.6 is about leaving your location, I missed that one.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, let's be calm and respect the opinions of others.
I can see this thread getting messy very quick if we let our emotions run free and judge one another.
It's a forum, let's allow Lodestar to decide what feels right, what resonates in our answers. :hugs:

Should I stay, find a new house and job? 42.4.5.6-51
.4 remove the capital, change the house yes, report to the prince - and a job too.
.5 good fortune, the universe will provide whatever you need.
.6 less doubt more action, it's a time of increase and movement (51).

Richmond's comments on all these lines also mention going with the flow, accepting outer activity, trying to choose/restrict/think less and feel and follow more.

I find it an auspicious reading, let some new things come into your life.
h19 supports that - finding a new approach to things. A time of spring, new beginnings.

-------
About 28-52, I see it as also moving from a rigid structure(28) but in view of the relating 52 it looks as a 'no' for me.
28.5 waste of energy, 28.6 trying too much, 28.4 something temporary.
Also interesting that 52 stop is a clear opposite of previous reading of 51 movement.
28.2 says - grow in a new direction but not far from your current position. Supporting the idea of the first reading, staying but changing things.

Last edited:

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thank-you all for your input. I very much appreciate it! I also see the second hex not being outcome, but rather context or background.

Yes - typically I cast in a moment of agitation and need. Somewhat calmer now I decided to ask an over-arching question:

Dear Yi can you tell me how I create the best outcome from this transition moment in my life:

26.2.6-36

.2 (De Korne) stop striving. Me: Breathe!!
(LiSe) accept this as an unexpected moment of rest, a chance to play, break out of a rut.
Forces beyond your control.

.6 (De Korne) when the ego has learned to control it's inner forces - they are available for transformation of the self. One follows the way of heaven. Success. (LiSe) insight and wisdom do not come to the neat and decent people, but to those who are very much alive..

I feel now that during this, my transition point - My main task is to keep breathing and meditating, do what I need to do each day and let each day take care of itself. When the need for action comes, I will feel it call within me.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
What next step should I take? 8.4.6 → 12

.4 try to find your place among others, yes.
.6 but hold to your inner values, the union should feel right from the beginning. If it doesn't (12) - search elsewhere.

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thank-you Ashteroid I was composing my answer while you had posted yours.

I will read back over all of your replies and ponder.

To travel or not is an important question.
At the right time, travel is incredible, as the wrong time, it can be a waste.

I appreciate everyones feedback. :hug:

T

taoscopy

Well this two liner is interesting.

Dear Yi can you tell me how I create the best outcome from this transition moment in my life:

26.2.6-36

line 2: Something or someone is not trusted
line 6: This needs to be repaired.

26 - Checking

See that everything is alright. In this way one will find the invisible problems.

2 - One departs because they are not being trusted.

6 - One is asked to repair.
In the making
36 - Adversity

One isolates thit emself to correct the situation.

I have my own opinion on that one but I'll keep it for me.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Your final hexagrams 12 and 36 both indicate to me that it is not yet time for you to make changes and to continue as you are for a bit - keep your head down (36) and hang in there as there is not yet a suitable alternative (12).

Right now and until mid September, Saturn, the planet ruling limitations, is at the last degrees of the sign Scorpio. This position suggests a sense that in some areas of our lives things are coming to completion and that we need to tie up loose ends and let go - even though where the path is to open up next is not yet clear. In real life scenarios I've seen this manifesting as people knowing they've outgrown their current job, relationship, home, but not knowing what to do about it or where to go next. As Saturn also rules commitments and responsibilities there is a possibility that the actions to take at this time of transition should be along the lines of fulfilling past promises. It's as if we have been given a certain job to do and until those tasks are completed we don't get new directives. I think of hexagram 2, The Receptive where lines 3,4 and 5 advise completing old tasks, resting quietly, and then with no old obligations to complete and a quiet mind, finally we become aware of new inspiration.

Incidentally the tasks that need to be completed may not be monumental. It may be something simple like you are waiting for the phone to ring and you remember you intended to take out the trash. So you take out the trash and just after you do, the phone rings.

Also the tasks that need to be completed may not be unpleasant. A friend who had been the caregiver in her family was at a loss for where she was to go after her parent passed on. She realized that before taking on new responsibilities she owed herself (Saturn rules debts) some play time and is going off on a vacation for the month.

Anyway, although we usually only discuss IC hexagrams here I thought it might be helpful to know what other forms of divination have to say about these times.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
How can I create the best outcome from this transition moment in my life ? 26.2.6 → 36

I agree with Rosada's take on it, btw an interesting perspective from astrology's point of view, Saturn in Scorpio. I have the same feeling that I need to finish some things here and the 'phone will ring', telling me where to go.

Wilhelm 26.2:
here the restraining force is absolutely superior; hence no struggle takes place. One submits and removes the axletrees from the wagon - in other words, contents himself with waiting. In this way energy accumulates for a vigorous advance later on.

26.2, Crowley: Then, with due care, be ready for the start.

Wait and accumulate your energy, keep the fire in the oven (36).
transitional 22.6, Crowley: Clad in pure white, simplicity thy force is.
Being yourself, keeping to your inner values, accepting all possibilities (white).
Finding a suitable place, nothing extravagant. I still think it's a yes for a change of job and house, but no for traveling.

And then after some period of accumulation (maybe that will be the traveling part)
26.6, Daniels: All obstacles have gone. Use your energy well.

Last edited:

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Rosada - that's absolutely perfect - thank-you.

Ashteroid - thank-you also, that feels right..

:hugs:

S

sooo

I'll focus on what I see as the heart of the matter, which your first readings point toward and your end two readings sum up.

I see this as:

You feel overwhelmed and lost. This brings no increase despite your potential. 19 oversees the work to be done during a time when it's to be done. Contrary to this you have no head/mind for holding yourself together, which leads to feeling pulled apart.

The key here is not to rely on destiny or magical forces but to use your brain logically, become your own head and decision maker, get your tools together and get busy plowing and seeding the fields while the time is ripe, if you have hope for a harvest in eight months. Once you do these things, then fate, serendipity, providence - whatever you wish to call it - can surprise you with the opportunities you long for.

A friend once told me, at a time when my life seemed stalled out: sometimes the Universe waits to see that you are sincere by being willing to humble yourself and do work that may be beneath your abilities, before it provides a way to elevate you to unexpected progress. Thing is, it may not be the exact kind of progress you thought you were working toward.

As far as what to make of changing or relating hexagrams, I suggest just leaving them as open influences to understand your reading. If you interpret them only as context or background, you forfeit their progressive function, and if you forfeit their contextual feature, you may not form a complete picture. Just let it speak to you and influence you and stimulate your mind. That's ultimately what you have to rely on anyway. Keep your head together and do what you know you have to do.

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Update:

well I just pulled back. I stopped worrying. I focused on the breath and feeling good.... and the universe has come up trumps!! I couldn't have made it up. Better than I could possibly have imagined.

... in this case magical forces have absolutely been at work. I think the universe knows me well by now, I've long ago paid my dues I think ;)

I hadn't heard about the progressive function of the second hex, I'll look into that, thankyou! :bows:

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).