...life can be translucent

Menu

What does 10 Treading conduct mean?

Carolammy

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I received a hex, with no changing lines. Does this mean the answer is definite/fixed..I asked waht should i expect if i start an online business..a nd was answered with 10 (treading conduct)...does this mean i have to be careful with how i conduct myself? my manners?

Please help explain...

Thankyou

B

butterfly spider

I always get an image - especially when dealing with money - that hex 10 is about being in a jungle.
As long as you show no fear and do not run - and go carefully forward you will be OK
Rather like the omumborombunga tree - you need to keep going forward and not turn back.

If you do this the omumborombunga tree offers all the fruits of the world!!
Xx

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
If business enterprise is a tradition in your family, you will have the support of the spirits.

E

Endless

Does your interpretation of hex.10 uc apply to all kinds of issues, Pocossin ?
I recall once when I received this hex. 10 regarding a brief conversation with one of my chiefs that I didn't get her intentions at all... until the tiger tried to swallow me. Then I realized that evidently she was trying to warn me off the danger. Could it be my chief personifying the spirits you were talking about ? Do you think Carol will have to face danger if she starts up her online business ?
E.

T

taoscopy

.I asked waht should i expect if i start an online business..a nd was answered with 10 (treading conduct)...

You've got another descriptive answer! When you start a question with "What should I expect" you are calling for it :D

10 - Persistence

One is committed with confidence, in the long term and with a simple goal, without looking for outside help.

Since you like nuclear hexagrams, the nuclear of 10 is 37:
37 - Relatives

One nurtures their relationships by maintaining contact.

So it should remind you that your higher goal should be to nurture your relationships. At least I see it that way, nuclear hexagrams are good for entertaining philosophical thoughts but less practical.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Does your interpretation of hex.10 uc apply to all kinds of issues, Pocossin ?

Yes. Carol asked: What does 10 Treading conduct mean?

Hexagram 10 is the symbol for a shoe (Legge, p.440). By position in the sequence, it is yin earth and relates to an offering to the spirits of the dead, that is, ancestral influence. The tiger (Dui, the lower trigram) is a symbol for death, the ancient Chinese view being that what happens in life depends on influence from the spirits of the dead. This interpretation of the hexagram is quite clear in line 6.

Studying the footsteps, examining the omens
If these come full circle, supreme good fortune

Lise give Wieger's explanation here:

http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/books/wieger-foot.htm

I think it is always possible to find footprints in dust or ashes by pareidolia.

Do you think Carol will have to face danger if she starts up her online business ?

There will definitely be risks. Most new businesses fail, but if Carol has a business background from family influence, I think she will make good decisions.

Carolammy

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone that was the best most detailed answer and made a lot of sense..I do need to examine the way and research well before I make any decisions...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).