...life can be translucent

Menu

Reading two moving lines with extreme opposite text for Hex 42???

gluntz77

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone!!!

I just threw my yarrow sticks today and asked the I Ching: What do I need to know about my life now?

I received Hexagram 42 with two moving lines, 5 & 6, turning into Hexagram 24.

Hex 42's line 5 says "... No need to ask. Supreme good fortune. Being sincere and truthful, my virtue will be favored"; whereas the line 6, "No increase, but a strike. Not keeping the heart steady: misfortune".

Huang's book suggests that if the two moving lines are both yin or both yang, consult the lower one, but I think, based on my question, there may be a polarity in my life that I need to know? And, generally speaking (Hex 24), better times are coming in the future (I've been quite down with many disappointments in my life lately)???

Does anyone have any insight??? I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks!!!

gluntz77

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I'd say take both lines into account - sort of a mixed blessing kind of time at the micro level, but looking at the macro level, 42>24 is really nice: put more into the situation in a way that brings you back to the beginning of a new cycle.

It sounds to me like effort on your part is needed in order to finish off the chapter you're in now, so that you can start a new chapter.

jte

visitor
Reaction score
For your own attitude within the situation, try maximize your "42.5-ness" and minimize your "42.6-ness"...

Or, perhaps, maximize your "42.5-ness" and watch out for "42.6-ness" from another.

- Jeff

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
42.6 is about fickle-mindedness?
Create a sanctuary for yourself so that you are able to examine your situation objectively before making any decision in life. Act out based on universal truth rather than personal preference. That could help to minimize the trap of 42.6 ...
blush.gif

S

seeker

I actually got this same answer to a question of what I needed to do to find the person I am supposed to be with. I think the answer is a follow 5, but dont do 6.

Or in one interpretation I have, line 5 says, As a benefactor you are now in a position to give and support. Do so without asking questions or doubting. What you seek now becomes a reality.
and line 6 says, Through withholding from generosity to those who needed it, you have evoked irritation and may incur criticism.

So, it could be saying you have a generous heart but you are not using it. Either way, I think it is a positive reading, just with a warning about what to change or what not to do.

gluntz77

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

Thanks so much for your feedbacks.

Just to give you a little more background: I have been depressed for some time because I feel I've been only giving, giving, giving all my life and people/family/events surrounding me have taken only advantage of my generosity. Lately I am tired from giving so much everyone - emotionally, time, materials, etc. - and I need a change, a dramatic one, to have a more balanced, positive life.

So I threw the I Ching. I think, given all your feedbacks, that Hex 42 is saying that I continue to be generous but to watch out for my motives and also for greedy people.

At the macro pic, Hex 42's mutual gua is Hex 23, which could mean, bad times are consuming (provided that I follow Hex 42's counsel) and that the new, positive cycle is returning (Hex 24), as long as I am receptive to the coming change (mutual gua Hex 2)?

Thanks everyone. I am feeling definitely better!!!

gluntz77

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Ah, well that changes everything. Context is so important.

"I think, given all your feedbacks, that Hex 42 is saying that I continue to be generous but to watch out for my motives and also for greedy people."

Mmmm...partly. I'd say that you drew 42 because of all the giving you're doing - that's the theme of your life right now. 42.5 talks about what is good about that giving. 42.6 talks about what is wrong with that giving.

So, if you take that line, the approach would be something like this: giving, out of a benevolent heart, is wonderful, but there's an aspect of this in which you find it difficult to keep the heart steady and benevolent, and when that happens, it's like you yourself get attacked. In other words, some of your approach is fine, but some of your approach is costing you. It's also telling you to get back to basics, get back to square one. What's that, do you think?

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Gluntz77...

Wonderful reading really. I have experience with 42.6 that I think will be helpful to you.

I asked the Yi how to get enough money to make something I wanted happen. They answered with 42.6. I'm too generous with money. I enjoy buying gifts, making donations to my favorite causes, and, if a person asks me for money to buy food, I walk them to the nearest restaurant and let them order a full and healthy meal and pay for it.

So I knew they weren't telling me I'm not generous because I am. I knew they were simply telling me not to be so generous, to be miserly even, so I could save the money. You appear to be too generous as well, so I believe you're getting the same message I did.

Love,

Val

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, now that you've clarified the context, I'm tending to go with Dobro and Val - a too much of a good thing sort of reading (in your case)...

Truth is, I think, for most of us there's only so much you can give before you start turning a corner...

Thanks for adding to my insight into one of this line's potential meanings...

- Jeff

gluntz77

visitor
Reaction score
thank you Jeff, Val and Dobro for your valuable insight. I was baffled why I received the line 6 (hence the posting) but now I need to get back to square one!!

gluntz77

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).