...life can be translucent

Menu

59- Time to get back to my painting?

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
I seem to be suffering from writer's block, but I know I must vent in some way (apart from journalling) and I'm thinking of getting back to painting again. Writing and painting are different energies in my experience. So I asked the Yi whether it is time and got hexagram 59. Isn't this all about dissolving blocks?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I think you are right: crossing the great water - changing the mode of expression,
sacrificing the old way (writing) at the temple.

Dissolving the old and allowing something new to enter.
59 is an opposite of 55 - Fullness/Maximum.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
What exactly was your question?
Please clarify. (I don't understand.)
59 means to go away from something, but I don't know what that something is.

innertruth

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, I like the word you used "venting"...So there seems to be some solid mass that needs to be dissolved like a fog to make your consciousness clear and clean...whichever activity would help is good....And Art is the best form of catharsis.

arimoshe

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Wow I love this reading. I'm just feeling so grateful for the oracle tonight.

Writing and painting are different energies in my experience. So I asked the Yi whether it is time and got hexagram 59. Isn't this all about dissolving blocks

Yeah I totally resonate with innertruth on that. It's like to break up that energy. Also the idea of letting go of unnecessary structures/boundaries (such as trying to write when it's not working). Sounds like painting is a way for you to get back into ceremony, art, devotional state of being etc which will help you to restart.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I seem to be suffering from writer's block, but I know I must vent in some way (apart from journalling) and I'm thinking of getting back to painting again. Writing and painting are different energies in my experience. So I asked the Yi whether it is time and got hexagram 59. Isn't this all about dissolving blocks?

Thanks for any suggestions.

To add to what has be said here...

The water, regardless of which state we found it, liquid, solid, gas, it's H2O. Likewise whether you express yourself by writting, drawing, playing music etc, it's your energy in different manifestations. In the core it's your H2O. ... another way to read 59, is relax, lighten up, you still have your water. :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
59. Dispersion also suggests to me that you not be too hung up on creating a painting you would then want to mat, frame, hang, keep forever. Just let the feelings flow.

curiouser

visitor
Reaction score
Sharing experiences

Hi just sharing my creative process: Whenever I feel an impulse I write free verse (poems), journal entries, or make sketches (that I consider making them into full paintings some point of time if I still feel for them).

It works to relieve emotions and thoughts eating me up, it's an intuitive decision whether they take the form of writings or paintings, and it serves to bleed out the blocks and flow again.

I think I relate this process to dispersion, hope it helps and best wishes to creative work! :bows:

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks ashteroid. And it's pretty amazing this 59 which also speaks of creativity (R.L Wing) and suggests one uses universal symbols that resonate with people and benefit them - because I have just begun on a series of paintings of The Buddha. I am really enjoying it.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you curiouser! Maybe I'll post an image of my painting if I can here. By the way, I am also writing, having joined the free How Writers Write Fiction online course from the University of Iowa. That's not something I expected - to write and paint at the same time. I thought these were different energies.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada

Actually it just happened that an old pal who has a little craft shop suggested I do some paintings of The Buddha as these really sell. So I do have to let go of them for sure. Sometimes one wants to hang on to one's creations. Thanks for the response.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Devotional indeed arimoshe! It's how I feel when painting The Buddha and a big responsibility too to depict this great soul in the right way.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Hi innertruth. Art is the best form? I used to think that writing is, but perhaps you're right. Why would that be I wonder. One would think that writing it all down is bigger catharsis. After all, I do journal regularly, but that hasn't prevented writer's block on a story/novel I've been mulling over fort some time.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Moss Elk, I asked whether it was worth it to get back to my painting.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Hah, I'm watching Genius.Of.The.Ancient.World.1of3.Buddha.720p [MVGroup.org] right now :)

It's a documentary by BBC shown a few weeks ago.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Strange - I have watched the same one too. Synchronicity!

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Here's my first painting of The Buddha. Almost completed the second one. Having a blast. BuddhaGoldforPrint1.jpg

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Niiiice!

3rd eye area is like a waterfall of light, yet combined with nose transforms into a full-grown tree.
True art :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).