...life can be translucent

Menu

To do or not to do? 54.2.6-21

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
I have been offered a lovely opportunity, but I'm just not sure I'm ready.
All my life it's 'in at the deep end' for me, I'm trying to stop this, I'm trying to take baby steps. I would like more time to prepare. So I'm considering postponing this, yet very often you need to grab these opportunities when they come as the very fact it appears as an opportunity may be a sign that it's the time for it.

What is the energy around this performance evening? 54.2.6-21

What would the result of this experience be? (i.e. Could I be ready enough to do a good job?) 62.3.5.6-6

What if I postpone and ask to be scheduled for a later date?
41.4-4

Emmm none seem good to me!! :confused:

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
In WikiWing Hilary notes that 41.1 - 4 can mean Decreasing Not Knowing. Thus it could be a learning experience. I could see that as saying, "No harm in asking."

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Lodestar,

I do know nothing about your situation, or your actual preparation (which may be a lot better than you yourself feel), but solely based on the reading, I'd not encourage you to go through with this opportunity now.

Practically everything about Hex 54 says "nothing furthers". This is even underlined by the change lines; Line 2 seems to say that you are only half prepared ("A one-eyed man who is able to see"). It also in my interpretation encourages you to stay back, and prepare better: "The perseverance of a solitary man furthers". Line 6 tells about that the event would for you, at this point be fruitless "The woman holds the basket, but there are no fruits in it. The man stabs the sheep, but no blood flows. Nothing that acts to further." If you go through, you will in any case find it a trying and difficult thing (hex 21, Biting Trhough).

The reading about postponing, and asking about a later opportunity on the other hand seems better: Hex 41 for me seems to say, you may decrease your chance to perform now, but in the end this will bring you success: "DECREASE combined with sincerity brings about supreme good fortune. Without blame."
Could this mean that if you are honest now and admit to the organizers that you are not ready yet, you do the right thing, and people will respect you for it? And that by being modest about your skills, you can win the situation over ("One may use two small bowls for the sacrifice"). This to me is echoed in the changing Hex 4 where Wilhelm says "In the time of youth, folly is not an evil. One may succeed in spite of it,
provided one finds an experienced teacher and has the right attitude toward him. This means, first of all, that the youth himself must be conscious of his lack of experience and must seek out the teacher. "

I'd take this to mean, be modest and honest about your lack of preparation now, take steps to better prepare, and then try again. Then, you will be successfull.

In any case, best of success!

maui

Lodestar

visitor
Reaction score
Thank-you Maui!

Yes that's my gut instinct - this is a really nice opportunity and I don't want to waste it.

Another time, with good preparation and a great performance - it could be an excellent springboard.

But I want to do myself justice. In the past it might have been fear, but I've proven to myself I can face fear. This time I think it's just realism. Thank you for helping me with the readings and giving me further validation of that. :bows:

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Lodestar,

you're welcome :) I am sure that your performance (something artistic I assume) will be great once you have the necessary confidence and preparation!
best wishes

maui

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Lodestar

54,2,6>21 2nd yang: A one-eyed man who is able to see,
The perseverance of a solitary man furthers. - This describes a situation in which you are warned that it is not possible to see the full situation (one-eyed man). You are advised to persevere on your present path. If you insist on making a move you are likely to meet the line resultant, Hex 51 - Shock.

Top yin: The woman holds the basket, but there are no fruits in it.
The man stabs the sheep, but no blood flows.
Nothing that acts to further.
Any hope for a promising, fulfilling union between yourself and the new situation is not looking very likely. The situation appears to be promising but is, in fact, empty. The line-resultant, Hex38 Opposition/Misunderstanding
echoe's this meaning.

The hexagram resultant, Hex 21, Shih Ho, is urging you bite-through, penetrate, into this situation in order to avoid an error.

This reading isn't necessarily predicting any disaster, it can best be interpreted as warning that this situation will not be fulfilling - an unpleasant disappointment would probably be as bad as it could get. Peter

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).