...life can be translucent

Menu

Should I go on a vacation?

Garcia

visitor
Reaction score
Lately my financial situation has taken a bit if a tumble and I am debating whether I should go further into debt to take a much needed vacation next month or not. The last one I took was more than a year ago and after the way I've been working this past year, I desperately need the break.

I asked the Yi and the answer was hexagram 51, unchanging... which does not seem very promising.

Then I asked "What will happen if I go on a vacation next month?" and the answer was 55 unchanging, which seems to be telling me something like "go for it".

It would be great to hear your thoughts about this. Thank you all very much!!!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Garcia,

I wonder if you are aware of the Unchanging Hexagrams threads over in the Exploring Divination area? They go into great detail about the possible meanings of the hexagrams when you get them with out change lines and may help you decipher these answers.

I don't attempt to answer yes-or-no questions anymore but in response to your second query, "What will happen if I go?", 55 sounds like a peak experience. Could also suggest that you can't go any farther where you are right now so taking a vacation would be a good idea (56. The Wanderer follows 55).
Because 55 suggests you've reached the top and nothing more comes of this it might also mean you put a lot of thinking into the idea but never act on it. Or maybe you are being encouraged to plan throughly and then the trip will flow.

Since you are concerned about the cost you might ask something along the lines of, "Is the trip worth the expense?" or "What should my attitude be about the money?"

I think you should make small steps towards planning to go and watch how the path unfolds.

Garcia

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you!!! I was not aware of a thread about unchanging hexagrams. I will definitely go in there and take a look. Thank you VERY much!!!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).