...life can be translucent

Menu

Will she and I have a new romance?

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, This is my first posting. Glad to see that such a great site exists!

A woman and I were interested in each other, but she called a halt to our intimacy last month. We have stayed friends (although, I admit, that has been hard for me to do) as we were friends before. I have asked the Yi several questions. the latest have been about what the month of June is going to be like for me.

What can I expect in terms of romantic relationships in the month of June, 2005?

Answer: 52 - no lines changing.

Having seen many people then inquire about the meaning of a reading, I asked:

What does 52 mean in terms of romantic relationships for me?

Answer: 35.4.6 changing to 2.

What does 35.4.6 mean for a romance between (her) and I?

Answer: 31 no lines changing.

Does 31 mean that (she) and I will have a new romance?

Answer: 27.5 changing to 42.

Being a newbie, I would appreciate any feedback. I know that honest answers may not give me the answers I want, but I need to know....

Many thanks in advance,

Don.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Mr Juan

Welcome aboard.

"What can I expect in terms of romantic relationships in the month of June, 2005?

Answer: 52 - no lines changing."

The Yi's recommending that you still/quieten/subdue romantic relationships for this month. That will mean finding something else to do with your energy and your attention. Pretty interesting situation, yes? You're interested in romance, and the Yi's saying 'take a cold shower'. How can you do that? Dunno. That's your task to solve. One time, I had a therapist suggest to me that a way to deal with that sort of state of mind was to cultivate creative pursuits. So I did that, and spent all my time writing songs for a while. The net result was that I got a lot of very interesting songs written. (It didn't have any effect on my state of mind though lol.)

"Having seen many people then inquire about the meaning of a reading"

Really? Many people? Well... not many people I know use the Yi that way. When you get a response from the Yi to a question you pose, you're supposed to work with the Yi's response and try to understand it in terms of how it connects with your experience. You're not supposed to ask another question with a request for further insight - I mean if you have to ask a question for every response you get from the Yi, it can't end, right? You've always got to ask yet another question lol.

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Dobro,

Please call me Don. And thanks very much for your reply. I appreciate the insight.

However, I would like to ask one more.....

I inquired of the Yi: "Will (she) and I have a new romance?" and received 27.5 changing to 42. I can understand the meaning of 42 (although I would appreciate any input) but 27.5 confuses me.

Your replies help my restless heart.

Many thanks,

Don.

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the board Don
happy.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Does 31 mean that (she) and I will have a new romance?
Answer: 27.5 changing to 42.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

You must seek out what nourishes you. Put aside the preconceptions and the rules by which you normally act. If you persevere in the Yin (the way of the Woman) and reject manly, Yang, ways then the way will open for you and there will be a good flowering of the time you seek.

You may find that thinking more carefully about the question will allow you to get a clearer answer first off. Your first question was a passive one, ?What will happen.? and the Yi almost said (tongue in cheek) ? Well if you do nothing then nothing will happen.

But I do agree with Dobro's interpretation.

I shied away from answering your post as all of those piggy back questions muddied the water somewhat.

Hilary has a good link about questions here: http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/practical_I_Ching/guide_introduction.html

Hope this makes sense for you.

--Kevin

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Going back to that 31

Conjoining is about (in this context) strong attraction and relationships.

It tells you the how to do it.

Keep your inner world quiet and still (at peace) which will allow you to enjoy the chat, and be open and joyful with others in the outer world.

It says much more? worth reading it in depth.

It does echo the 27.5 reading? put away 'that achieving the goal' forcefull male yang.

--Kevin

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for your valuable insight!

Your reply (and Dobro's) have given me a perspective on this relationship. When I absorb (actually, it was like a light going on - an "Aha!" moment!) your replies, it tells me to ease off, relax, take a less male (yang) approach to things. I believe that I may have been coming on too strong with this person and what all of my readings are saying is BACK OFF! Giver her room, be her friend, be kind and open, don't push, don't pester, etc, etc.

Your last message speaks of "how to do it". I now have an appreciation of how it can be done.

Many thanks to both of you.

Any more insight is appreciated!

Regards,

Don

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Glad that was of help.

Not Back off - but be there as a listenning, light hearted caring and sharing person... but I guess that could be what you mean by 'Back off'.

Please come back and let us know how you get on...

Meanwhile I hope you stick arround this place.

--Kevin

happy.gif

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. I don't want to back off in terms of ignoring her. I understand what you mean - be her friend. We have a good friendship and I mean to keep it. However, it would be nice if it developed into something more......

I will let you know how things progress. And yes, I plan to stick around. What a great site.

I really appreciate your constributions.

All the best,

Don.

frank

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Don,

52 to me tells me that you have to slow down, as people already told you here. Try to relax... The chinese charakter Ken ethymilocaly (is that good english :-D) is a figure of a man who looks back on the road he already took, to take advantage of the things he did in the past, and did work, and also to learn about what did not... So, relax and do some introspection :-D.

By doing that introspection (52), 35 means progress when you just 'wait and see' (2). By letting go all the things you pick up here as important for the relationship (the hamster in line 4), which is changing 35 in 23... let go...
you also have to let go a bit of your emotional needs and things you want to do so badly enough with this woman (wink) (taking down the horn in line 6 of 35, or even the ripe fruit in 23...). Be let...

Then in case of the meaning about 35 in the way of a romance between you two, 31 tells me to let her come to you, instead of chasing after her which is some kind of scary for her, as you are a great friend... 31 is a way of subtle influence... not an elefant in a porceline shop (just an ant :D)...

And does the influence on a subtle level give you the oportunity for a new romance? 27 at least tells me to look if you realy fit... Does she bite in what you are telling her, ore do you bite in her words..? Line 5 is about seeking union (as when you see the chanching lines as yang, you get hexagram 8: Union), by 'shaking the channels' (Fu Jing). Try to stir things up, get a bond, and see what happens... By making steps that are not that great, but subtle...

I wish you all the happiness and wise desitions on this one :-D

Hug,
Frank

donjuan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Frank,

Thank you for the time and effort you put into your message. I truly do appreciate it. I see the common theme that runs through your reply.. You have added some things from her perspective. That is very helpful. Until now, I have always looked at things from my end of the relationship. To have feedback about her view of the relationship is very very valuable.

I will keep everyone posted on how my relationship progresses!

Again, may humble thanks,

Don

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).