...life can be translucent

Menu

rejected 38.3.4

G

goddessliss

Me and another spent time working on a project to see how we'd work together. There were a few issues we needed to work through and we did and everything seemed to me to be fine then out of nowhere the other person came up with a poor excuse and rejected my input.

Why was I rejected
Hex 38.3.4^26

At first I was very hesitant Hex 26 but then I thought nope just try it and see what happens.

I guess there was some opposition between us at first because of our different way of seeing things but I did think we resolved those.

Liss

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think have you a handle on it.

38 does suggest estrangement but as a relating process there'll be occasions when you both slip back to opposite positions where things might grate, but ultimately I reckon things will be okay. When I've had this line in the past it was often a confirmation of what I was going through, but it did reach a positive resolution or a balance that was hard won.

Perhaps the "Great Restraint" of 26 builds that energy to tackle this ebbs and flows that inevitably make up new relationships, especially when you have very different ways to view reality. Stay with it and I think you may reach that equilibrium.

G

goddessliss

Oh interesting although the last time we spoke was finished abruptly. I guess anything's possible.

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
REJECTED 38,3,4 - 26

Hex 38, K'uei, not only means Opposition it also has a close association with Misunderstanding and it is that aspect that I feel might have greater relevance in this case. Yes, you have suffered a rejection but try not to regard this as a final assessment of you as a person. This guy might not have had enough confidence or experience with women to consider himself a potential partner - you just don't know.

The resultant hexagram, Hex 26 Ta Ch'u, often appears when we have experienced a difficult, testing episode that makes us want to rant and rave against someone, or against life, or the I Ching. So the general context is a difficult, testing situation, more than likely involving some misunderstanding, which leaves you feeling deeply hurt but the I Ching is urging you to control your feelings and have the strength to sit this one out and maintain your self esteem. The parallel nuclear progression (63 - 54) is telling you exactly the same thing - keep settled, keep strong and stable, don't be drawn by desire to break your peace, remain at one with yourself.
Peter

G

goddessliss

Thanks Peter misunderstanding may be a better way of looking at it perhaps but the bottom line is that he wanted me to do something that would compromise my position and he kept pressuring me even though I'd made it very clear that it was better to go about things the right way so the project would be a success. He tends to look at short term gratification over long term success. I'm not hurt more annoyed but you are definitely right in saying that I don't need to let it shake my equilibrium. At the same time I'd also been for a job interview which I'd been waiting a couple of weeks for it to come about and whilst there's been no offer or rejection for the job I left the interview feeling quite 'battered' as it was intense and serious questioning.

B

butterfly spider

The feeling of being battered is quite intense isn't it?
It feels like you have no control over circumstance. Like being in the river and tossed hither and zither

I can't respond to your I Ching reading but sometimes is fine to let ourselves be taken downstream and battered by the current or taken out in a kayak by the waves to be tossed and battered - it is quite an exhilarating experience. Pounded and pummelled can revitalise too - so I am sure that you will land safely on this one ...

G

goddessliss

What is the potential success of my job interview

34.1.2.5^15

To me it doesn't look promising of success but I was just myself at the interview. I don't want to become employed with an organisation where their expectations are different to mine.

B

butterfly spider

I find that when I feel particularly battered by other souls - by pounding away in my kayak It helps like homeopathy - like with Like ...

G

goddessliss

Good way to do things for you butterfly spider. I tend to want to go into a quiet space and meditate so my whole being calms.

B

butterfly spider

Sorry I think we crossed paths. My friend always says that when she is feeling particularly battered she has a duvet day - under the duvet hot choccie and tlc. I suppose its what we need.

I. Didn't mean for you to pound off into the sunset on your kayak - more that you need to do something to prevent yourself from being battered - duvet day kayak outing cinema or as my friend does - have her teeth whitened .......

Take care
Xx

G

goddessliss

I know what you meant and as you say it's good to have a coping mechanism in place. Both incidences were very unexpected and happened within 24 hours of each other and both I'd thought very carefully about being honest with them about what I expected from the experience. Clearly both told me what I wanted to hear to try and get me to do what they wanted which is why when neither worked out I was very annoyed.

B

butterfly spider

Yes I see now what you mean - when things don't go the way you planned. You feel powerless - and that is why taking control is so important. Being able to go and do something that creates a sense if power then is what I meant.

G

goddessliss

I didn't get this job although they said I went fine in the interview but they wanted someone with more experience.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).