...life can be translucent

Menu

Shame

G

gael123

Some of you may remember I posted about a frustrating romantic situation involving me and a younger person. We keep seeing each other (4 times now) and nothing happens, even though we're growing closer as friends. I asked why he hadn't made a move (I already know why I haven't - some ambivalence, plenty of unconfidence). I got Hexagram 12 line 3 changing to 33. Hm. Shame. Unworthiness? Or a hidden agenda?

Thank you in advance.

G

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
In Bradford's translation, 12.3 means "Embracing the unworthy" in Wilhelm "They bear shame"

My sense is that regardless of the reason it might be a good time to withdraw or distance yourself from this situation. Context/resulting hexagram as 33 also points to this. It could also mean that your friend feels a need to retreat. Either way, it doesn't look too promising for a close, loving and healthy relationship at this point in time.

I tend to get this line (often) when asking about others because I have a tendency to focus on the potential good in everyone and some people I meet like to use that characteristic to gain advantage.

G

gael123

Thanks very much for your reply, hujambo. sorry for my delay getting back to you, been a busy few days at work. Do you ever find the Iching reflects your own fears, desires and preoccupations back at you? I feel that way, somewhat, about the meaning you've given to that line - that it speaks to and about me quite directly. Thanks again.

Hujambo

visitor
Reaction score
Indeed gael123, that is precisely my experience with it as well. Peace be with you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).