...life can be translucent

Menu

48.3 > 29 getting work?

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
Hi again folks!

I joined a model agency a few months ago. They started filming a TV show but I went off to LA during that time. I was not too enthusiastic about their show - maybe because somewhere deep down I felt the whole idea was silly. I didn't want to commit months of my time without being paid in exchange for something that I felt could be a huge failure. I don't believe that a show about models doing photo shoots is that interesting. Maybe I'm wrong!

In my view, an agency should be sending models out for castings to get real work - not using their naive desperate dreams of fame to create a tv show for them for free. Or maybe I'm too negative and skeptical. Most readings I've done regarding them have seemed negative... but maybe the Yi could be reflecting back my own energy?

So I asked the i ching this time. "Will X get me work?"

I received 48.3 > 29

Could line 3 be reflecting my own failures in drinking from the well? Or is it saying point blank - I should move on. I hate hex 29!!!

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
I'll spare you my strong opinions on this kind of thing and try to just read the Yi.

"Will X get me work?"
48.3 is about a good resource that is not used, no one drinks from it. That refers to a person, "an able man who is available", and that's you, who is not getting paid work as a model. As a direct answer, no, it will not get you work.

I believe in direct answers to questions. Some don't, but if this is just a mirror of the situation back at you - well that approach is why you are confused now right? And then there is no guidance being offered. I think the Yi is trying to help you, and so answers directly. In fact for several months you will not be working for pay. It also indicates the King's unawareness of you. The reading does not say this changes because you do this free gig, so "the exposure" doesn't make the right people aware of you either.

Maybe you need a different agency.

- LL

B

butterfly spider

Hello - hex 29 is not one to hate, more one to make you sit up and listen. I like to feel that it is a mirror showing you your face as it appears - and often it can be quite fearful, worried and confused. Like seeing yourself in one of those awful mirrors in stores with the full glare - and thinking how awful you look. It can make you examine exactly how you feel about something, or how the fear is making you act in a certain way. Sometimes I like to think that it is a chance to look at ourselves in a different light, examine our good qualities that can be used perhaps

I totally agree with lavalamp and I almost certainly think that you should think very long and hard about the job (or not a job in this case)

Mirror Mirror on the wall -

I have just got hex 29 as two resulting hexagrams over the past 2 days. I am rather glad that there is not a real mirror where I am sitting as I dread to think what I would be confronted with but I am in a children's library with a picture of Snow White on the wall.

good luck and I am sure that your mirror will show someone who is worth a great deal more than perhaps this 'job' offers.

MoonCatcher

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there guys,

Thank you both for making the effort to interpret my reading. I have to say, this is my favourite online forum - people are so generous and unjudgemental.

I feel you're both right. It's a fairly clear reading I guess. Sometimes I get confused between my gut telling me the truth and "am I just being negative". Since it's being aired on TV, I wondered if I was missing an opportunity that I would have taken if I was 16.

I like the thought of 29 being a mirror. I've always struggled to interpret this hexagram and now it makes sense.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).