...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 11.6 to 26

chocolatecookie

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new here, and I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with interpretation of this answer.

This is job related, since I'm unemployed a long time now, and I'm doing everything I can to find a job, but with no positive results, I just asked - what should I do now, what can I do to find a job?

Line 6 doesn't look good, the situation isn't nice, but I don't know how to read this line as an advice?

Thank you :)

Sorry if there are grammar errors. ;)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line things have changed, you may not have noticed. The conditions you have been labouring under and may still be labouring under aren't actually what they were.

There's no need for defences, there's nothing to defend. You can go about things a whole different way. This line reminds me of stories of soldiers who don't get news the war is over and keep hiding and building defences not realising there's nothing there to defend anymore. They can go off and do something completely different that has nothing to do with defending what they used to have.

I like this line. It can take some getting used to however. In terms of your question what can it mean ? Well perhaps you've been thinking of your situation as needing to be on guard, needing to find a particular kind of employment that you are used to or something ? But this line calls for a fresh approach. Let go of old ideas you are holding on to because things have changed. Things do change very quickly these days in that what was necessary then isn't now, everything is changing all the time. Ways of applying for jobs is different now. It's possible things can work out in quite unexpected ways.

The line actually says that the city wall has fallen into the moat and there is no need for arms. One is free to wander off to other areas and begin a new way of life.

I can see it might be hard for you to apply this answer to your question but I think you are being told defensive attitudes, the barriers you thought you had to keep in place in your life, are no longer necessary. This can apply to attitudes too. Whenever I see this line I get a strong visual of people walking away into the countryside, free to find a new life, no longer stuck behind the city wall defending the city.

You could play with the imagery and see how you can apply it ?

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi chocolatecookie,Trojina,

I think this is a great reading of 11.6 - one that I have not considered before, but that might apply very well here. When one has been unemployed / or otherwise unsuccessful in an area for a long time, often a defensive and self-defeating mindset develops "oh well, they will not want me anyways..." and may be the one thing that needs to be overcome. The fact that 11.6 changes to 26 Great Power supports this in my mind, as it points to the fact that you in reality have much to offer.
best wishes

maui

chocolatecookie

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojina and maui, I will try to answer you both.

Trojina, this what you said is pretty true, especially about ideas and attitudes. The thing is that I’m looking for the right place and a specific job in an industry. That’s the only thing that I was defending.
And I was afraid of this answer, to let go of that and to start with something different.
But everything points to that with “Perseverance brings humiliation”.
Some kind of a change needs to occur, maybe just a new approach, I will have to think more about this answer.

maui, this could also be true, although I can’t always keep my confidence high, generally I’m confident and I believe I’m talented for the job I was looking for. I believe this line is also saying to keep my moral strength but at the same time to stay open to every possibility, because every moment things can change.

But now again, I could be defending what I shouldn’t, and I’m the one who needs to make a change, and as Trojina said begin a new way of life.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I must stress what is occurring is not a loss it's a change that might certainly feel like a loss (I think 11.6 does generally feel like a loss) but isn't really in terms of your life story. I think it's the sort of time where you'd look back on in 10 or 20 years and think to yourself 'ah I thought that ending was an ending but it was a beginning'. I don't think it is telling you to let go of your dreams or ambitions, it may simply be saying you can go about it a different way now than was required before. Maybe it's a self image you don't need to defend anymore because self image can be so tied up in getting the work we want and saying to ourselves and others "I am a ****".

Volunteering in your chosen field or a related field is a great way to keep spirits up while learning, keeping up to date and making contacts for example. You probably already thought of that but I mention it because I think in general it can be a very positive step when you've been unemployed for a while. You aren't defending what you held anymore, you are moving on.

chocolatecookie

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, that's very helpful.

I also don’t think it’s saying to let go of my ambitions, but that a different approach is necessary.
I did start my search in a related field so I will see where it goes from that. I didn’t want to start something different that doesn’t fit in my goal, but maybe it’s time to be flexible.
I do believe different options will come out eventually.

balata

visitor
Reaction score
hello Chocolatecookie,
I know this thread is rather old, but I just asked a very similar question this afternoon (I’ve been unemployed for close to three years now) and got the exact same response. How did it play out for you? What did you change in your approach to the situation.? Like you I don’t read this as a suggestion to stop searching, but rather to look at things in a different way. Anything you would like to add three years later that can help understand this reading?

chocolatecookie

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Balata,

sorry I didn't respond :(
I rarely check private messages and also my old threads. I've send you PM.

If anyone finds it helpful, this is what I can say..it felt like a big loss like Trojina said, and like an ending, when it wasn't! It was a change, and I needed to build something new. From the time I started this thread I was unemployed for 2 more years. Nothing happened overnight, new things need time for everything to come to place. I didn't gave up on what I wanted, I think Yi never suggested that.
My approach was doing couple of exams/certifications that are important in this field and for the job. I also think it's important to meet new people and make some industry contacts.

What do you think about this reading now?

balata

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Chocolate Cookie, the first word that comes to my mind is SCARRY. I am still trying to figure out what needs to change, if like you I should get training for something new, etc.
Anyway, your response helps somehow. It tells me that although it is worrisome to think that the wait might last a few more years, it is also a good thing to know that 11:6 indicates that there is a way out. I am determined to focus on that ... there is a way out.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).