...life can be translucent

Menu

14.6 > 34

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm curious what experiences people have had with hex 14, specifically line 6. It seems to me one of the most positive/auspicious lines in the I Ching, but I'm having a problem relating it to my question and what eventually happened.

I asked what would result if I sent a friend request to "x" on Facebook. I was actually hesitant to do so since I'd not been on speaking terms with this person, yet after a few days went by I felt rather tempted in what basically amounted to be a test of the I Ching's accuracy.

The person didn't accept the request and actually blocked me. This has me wondering if the I Ching was speaking to me more about the big picture instead of the immediate result. And if that's the case perhaps not enough time has gone by for everything to unfold.

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
After reading through some older threads on this changing line, I believe this is what the 6th line means in relation to the question I asked.

The 6th line moving indicates a focus upon the transition to the next, and with that transition the oracle moves to hex34, Plows or Power of the Great which is great momentum moving forward with still enough open space to move into to allow full effort to be fully expressed.
As an answer about 'the potential of a small attempt' would suggest that potential will be determined by how well this small attempt expresses the transition from the current situation toward the Next and thus is able to change the status quo and open up novel opportunities.

After the result of this small attempt (the friend request), I finally pushed myself to really make an effort to move on from my recent breakup. I've started putting forth an effort to go on dates with women closer to my own age (my ex and I are 13 years apart).

I've avoided dating most of my adult life and have mostly had relationships happen once every 5 years or so by way of happenstance. I see the attempt to approach finding a partner in a more direct way in the relating hexagram 34.

D

diamanda

what would result if I sent a friend request to "x" on Facebook
14.6 > 34
The person didn't accept the request and actually blocked me

I have noticed that line 14.6 plays out in unpredictable manners.
And yet, it's a totally beneficial (to you) answer - "blessed by heaven, auspicious".
So, by sending her a request and by being blocked, it seems you did an excellent thing.

The 6th line of a hexagram shows that we are now totally past the idea of that hexagram.
In this case, there's no more 14 (the revered woman) and now we have 34 (the strong man).
It shows a passage to taking action - and being blessed to do so.
Perhaps this was what you needed internally to really move on?
It sounds to me like you now have the upper hand in your life.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Blessing can only come when you act and move forward in your life. The immediate outcome is not what is important, who you are as person that can attract heavenly fortune is what is important. The outcome will be there eventually when you continue this way.

- LL

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
This was one of my strangest readings yet. It felt more like a spell than a divination. It felt "wrong" all the way to my core to send her that request. Yet, I couldn't also help feel that if I wanted that "blessing" there was no choice but to send the request.

I do feel blessed right now. I'm hoping to be patient with feeling that way, extend it over a nice period of time.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
I have had circumstances where I asked the Yi about the result if I took such and such an action, and it indicated a very favorable one. Yet the outcome at the time was totally harsh! I have come to realize that the Yi was saying to be an authentic true person is fortunate, and it was telling me my state of being was what was important in the long run. The Yi wasn't giving me advice to manipulate a situation or an outcome, it was concerned about me living in a true way.

- LL

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).